Boone Disability Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a disability and are unable to work, you may qualify for disability benefits — and you might be looking for a Boone disability lawyer to help with your claim or appeal.
The disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley have experience serving clients in Boone and surrounding North Carolina and we are ready to help however we can.
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving Boone NC, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is no obligation and there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the disability benefits you need and deserve.
For a free case review, please call 1-800-525-7111.
“I would recommend Riddle & Brantley to anyone who needs help with disability.”
–B. Fields, Riddle & Brantley client
We’re proud to serve North Carolinians with disabilities and pride ourselves on the excellent client service we provide.
We have offices throughout North Carolina and can even come to you if it’s more convenient. Our legal team frequently answers emails and phone calls after hours and on weekends, and we have Spanish-speaking translators on staff to assist when necessary.
“Do I qualify for disability benefits?”
The Social Security Administration (SSA) uses a variety of criteria to evaluate claims for disability benefits.
For questions about disability eligibility, we encourage you to speak with a Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer serving clients in Boone NC, and familiarize yourself with these five important questions the SSA uses in evaluating claims:
- Are you currently working? The SSA only considers you for disability benefits if you are currently making less than $1,260 in wages per month.
- What is the severity of your disabling condition? In order to qualify for disability, you must demonstrate to the SSA that your disability “significantly interferes” with your ability to perform work.
- Is your disability included in the SSA “Blue Book” of disabling conditions? The SSA keeps a “Blue Book” of disabling conditions, which may automatically qualify you for disability benefits provided you meet certain other criteria.
- Can you do work you’ve done previously? The SSA will want to see evidence that you can no longer perform work similar to what you’ve done in the past 15 years.
- Can you do another kind of work? After satisfying the criteria above, the SSA will also want to see that you cannot perform a different type of work using what they refer to as your “residual functioning capacity.”
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving Boone and western North Carolina, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
The consultation is free and you won’t pay any upfront costs or attorney fees unless we successfully obtain Social Security disability benefits for you.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
Board-Certified in Disability Law
At Riddle & Brantley, our SSD team is led by Scott Scurfield, a disability attorney and Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security disability law. Scott has been practicing law for more than 30 years and is passionate about serving North Carolinians with disability.
“There is no shame in applying for disability benefits. You’ve paid into the system and these are benefits you deserve.”
–Scott Scurfield, Riddle & Brantley attorney and Board-Certified Specialist in SSD
Scott is supported by an entire team of paralegals and case managers who know the Social Security Disability system and are committed to their clients’ success.
Contact us for a free case review and consultation and find out why clients are describing their experience working with Riddle & Brantley like this:
- “By far the best law firm that actually cares about … making the process less stressful.” -B. Fields
- “It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.” -R. Colley
- “Riddle & Brantley is a version of the Legal Dream Team.” -Elizabeth Ramos
“What can a disability lawyer with experience in Boone do for me?”
Most initial applications for Social Security disability are denied. If you’ve been denied for Social Security disability benefits, a disability lawyer with experience in Boone NC can assist with all aspects of your case, including:
- Helping you file your Initial Application for Benefits with the Social Security Administration
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your claim is denied at the initial level
- Helping you respond to requests for records and documents from the SSA
- Ensuring that the full extent of your disability is included in your claim
- Filing a Request for a Hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if your claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Ensuring that you receive a second opinion by a qualified and unbiased doctor
- Obtaining medical records, evaluation forms and letters of support from your medical providers
- Arguing your case before the ALJ and cross-examining witnesses
- Collecting documents requested by the ALJ at your hearing
- Filing a request for review by the Appeals Council if your claim is denied by the ALJ
- Filing a lawsuit in federal district court if your claim is denied by the Appeals Council
- And much, much more
If you’ve been denied Social Security disability benefits, please call the disability lawyers at Riddle & Brantley for a FREE, no-obligation consultation today.
Call us at 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation.
We’ve been serving clients throughout North Carolina — including many in the Boone area and western NC — for decades and would love to help however we can.
Looking for a Boone disability lawyer?
The North Carolina disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help. We handle all aspects of disability appeals and are proud to represent North Carolina’s people with disabilities.
For a FREE consultation with a disability attorney serving clients in Boone and across North Carolina, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the SSD benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with disabilities and we would love to help you seek the benefits you deserve if we can.