Burlington Disability Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a disability and are searching for a Burlington disability lawyer, you may want to consider the North Carolina disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley.
Our Social Security disability team is led by Scott Scurfield, a Board-Certified Specialist in this area of law. As a Specialist, Scurfield has passed a rigorous exam and demonstrated significant experience handling disability cases.
For a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security disability law, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
The consultation is free, there is no obligation, and if you decide to hire us there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s talk.
“We’ve been helping clients in the Burlington area for decades. We believe in justice for North Carolinians with disabilities.”
Why Riddle & Brantley?
At Riddle & Brantley, our disability attorneys have handled cases in Burlington and greater NC for decades. In fact, our attorneys have more than 200 years of legal experience serving clients throughout North Carolina.
We’re proud of our excellent client service and strive to treat our clients like family. We understand the emotional and financial stress associated with disability, and if you choose to hire us, will work tirelessly to help you get the benefits you need and deserve.
Of course, we’re proud to have helped hundreds of North Carolinians get approved for disability benefits, but we’re also proud of the way our clients talk about us.
“They treated me professionally and with respect.”
Social Security Disability Cases Are Complex
You’re not required to hire an attorney to help you get disability benefits, but if you want the best chance possible, you may want to consider a Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer with experience helping clients in Burlington NC.
Social Security disability cases can be stressful, time-consuming and complex.
A Board-Certified Social Security Disability Specialist at Riddle & Brantley can help manage all aspects of your initial claim or appeal, including but not limited to:
- Helping file your initial application for disability benefits
- Arguing your case in front of an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ)
- Obtaining records helpful to proving your case for SSD or SSDI benefits
- Providing records and documents requested by the ALJ
- Helping arrange an evaluation by an unbiased doctor to prove the extent of your disability
- Representing you and cross-examining witnesses at your hearing
- Requesting an appeal by the Appeals Council if your claim is denied by the ALJ
- If necessary, filing a lawsuit in federal district court to pursue your disability claim
- And much, much more…
You don’t have to do this alone. Our attorneys understand what you’re going through and can help.
For a FREE consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
Remember, there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive benefits from the Social Security Administration.
Let’s talk. Please call 1-800-525-7111 today.
What to Know When Applying for Disability Benefits
The unfortunate reality is that more than 60 percent of initial claims for disability benefits are denied by the SSA.
Ultimately, less than 50 percent of disability claims are approved.
A disability lawyer with experience helping clients in Burlington, North Carolina can help.
According to recent research, just 34 percent of those who did not hire a lawyer were ultimately approved for disability benefits, while 60 percent of those who did hire a lawyer received benefits.
Don’t gamble with your potential benefits.
Call Riddle & Brantley at 1-800-525-7111 to speak with an attorney experienced helping clients in Burlington and elsewhere in North Carolina get the disability benefits they need and deserve.
There are no attorney fees unless you receive benefits.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today. Justice Counts.
Do You Qualify for Disability Benefits from the Government?
If you’re thinking about filing a claim for disability benefits, we encourage you to talk with an attorney about your case.
A disability lawyer with experience in Burlington NC can listen to you, evaluate your case, and help determine the best legal path forward to improve your chances of receiving SSD or SSDI benefits.
Although the SSA uses many criteria to evaluate claims for Social Security disability, the answers to these questions are especially important:
- Are you working right now? In order to be eligible for benefits, you cannot be earning more than $1,180 per month in wages.
- Is your condition severe? The SSA considers whether or not your disability is severe enough in order to impede your ability to work.
- Is your disability on the list of disabling conditions? The SSA maintains a list of conditions that automatically qualify you for disability benefits, provided you meet certain other criteria. This “Blue Book” list of qualifying conditions can be reviewed on the SSA website.
- Can you do the same work you’ve done previously? In order to qualify for benefits, you must demonstrate that you are unable to perform work that you have done in the past 15 years, along with meeting other criteria.
- Can you do another type of work? The SSA will want to determine whether or not you can perform work unrelated to the kind of work you did previously.
To speak with a disability attorney today, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also fill out the fast and easy form below if you prefer.
Riddle & Brantley has been helping clients throughout North Carolina, including Burlington, for decades. We would love to help you get the justice you need and deserve.
Call 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation with our legal team. A Board-Certified Specialist can help evaluate your legal options and determine the best path forward for getting you Social Security disability benefits.
As always, there are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we get disability benefits for you.
We’re here for you.