Camp Lejeune Kidney Cancer Lawsuit
Camp Lejeune Kidney Cancer Claims Due to Toxic Water
Have you been diagnosed with kidney cancer after being exposed to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune, between 1953 and 1987? You may be entitled to compensation in a Camp Lejeune kidney cancer lawsuit. The experienced Camp Lejeune lawsuit attorneys at Riddle & Brantley are ready to help. Call today, let’s review your claim. The consultation is free, and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Our firm is actively investigating these claims and we may be able to help with a potential Camp Lejeune kidney cancer lawsuit. Many of our attorneys and staff have close family ties to the military, and we are honored to fight for those who have fought for us. These lawsuits may move forward under legislation passed on June 16, 2022, the “Camp Lejeune Justice Act.”
IMPORTANT: We expect that eligibility criteria for Camp Lejeune kidney cancer claims will evolve as evidence continues to be evaluated. Call us today for a free evaluation and let’s see how we can help.
Call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE, no-obligation consultation concerning a potential Camp Lejeune kidney cancer lawsuit.
Did Water Contamination at Camp Lejeune Cause Kidney Cancer?
Thousands of potential victims allege that water contamination at Camp Lejeune caused kidney cancer, along with other cancers and diseases. Scientific evidence strongly supports the potential link between Camp Lejeune water contamination and kidney cancer. This evidence may be cited in future kidney cancer claims.
Evidence that Camp Lejeune Water Caused Kidney Cancer
Among the chemicals that contaminated the water at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987 were volatile organic compounds (VOCs) including trichloroethylene (TCE), perchloroethylene (PCE), vinyl chloride, benzene, and other compounds. To be clear, many of the water contaminants at Camp Lejeune have been linked to kidney cancer.
Scientific research supporting a connection between Camp Lejeune water contamination and kidney cancer includes:
- A 2010 study in the Journal of Cancer Research that determined that “TCE exposure is associated with increased renal [kidney] cancer risk.” The National Cancer Institute goes further, stating that “prolonged or repeated exposure to trichloroethylene causes kidney cancer.”
- A 2006 systematic review published in Toxicological Sciences that found evidence of “an association between high-level exposure [to PCE] and renal cancer.”
- A 2002 study of workers in Canada that found an “increased risk of renal carcinoma [kidney cancer] … associated with occupational exposure to … vinyl chloride.”
- A 2016 report from the Minnesota Department of Health that warned that “exposure to vinyl chloride over a person’s lifetime can increase the risk of cancer in the liver, blood vessels, kidney, stomach, and skin.”
- A report from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that stated that “benzene has been connected to a rare form of kidney cancer.”
The evidence that VOCs, vinyl chloride, benzene, and other compounds contaminating the water at Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987 can cause kidney cancer is strong, and victims may have a claim for compensation in a Camp Lejeune kidney cancer lawsuit. Call 1-800-525-7111 for a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced Camp Lejeune kidney cancer lawyer at Riddle & Brantley.
We don’t get paid unless you do. If you don’t receive compensation in your kidney cancer claim, you won’t pay any attorney fees. It’s as simple as that.
How to File a Camp Lejeune Kidney Cancer Lawsuit
While the Navy had previously rejected all claims related to Camp Lejeune water contamination, the Camp Lejeune Justice Act — allows thousands of victims to file lawsuits against the government for cancer and other injuries potentially suffered due to the toxic water on base.
Anyone who meets the following criteria may be eligible for file a Camp Lejeune lawsuit:
- Were exposed to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune for 30 or more days between August 1, 1953 and December 31, 1987
- Were diagnosed with one of the following conditions:
- Kidney cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Leukemia (various types)
- Multiple myeloma
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Renal toxicity
- Neurobehavioral effects
- Female infertility
- Hepatic steatosis
- Ovarian cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Rectal cancer
- Cardiac defect
- Cervical cancer
- Immune disorders
- Nerve damage
- CNS cancer (central nervous system cancer)
An experienced Camp Lejeune lawsuit attorney at Riddle & Brantley can help evaluate your claim, advise you on your best available legal options, and, if you decide to hire us, file a Camp Lejeune kidney cancer lawsuit (or claim for another injury) on your behalf. Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free, no-obligation consultation and let’s see how we can help.
“By far the best law firm that actually cares about helping veterans.”
–B.F., Riddle & Brantley client
Talk with a Camp Lejeune Kidney Cancer Attorney for Free
Diagnosed with kidney cancer after exposure to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune? An experienced Camp Lejeune cancer lawsuit attorney at Riddle & Brantley can consult with you for free and help determine your best available legal options for seeking compensation. At Riddle & Brantley, we’re proud of the results we’ve secured for injured victims — more than $665 million in compensation recovered for our clients since 2000 alone (see disclaimer below). Keep in mind, we don’t get paid unless you do — and because these Camp Lejeune kidney cancer cases involve claims against the federal government, they are considered federal torts and attorney fees are limited to 20% of total recovery.
Settlements and verdicts are just one part of our track record, however. We’re also humbled by the way our clients describe their experience working with our attorneys and staff:
- “It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.” –R. C.
- “They turned a heartbreaking situation completely around.” –Tonya T.
- “They made a hard time in my life easier to endure.” –Melissa C.
- “Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.” –Tyronnie T.
- “You’ll walk in the door as a client but leave as family. They’re the absolute best.” –Susan S.
Award-Winning Trial Attorneys
Our Camp Lejeune kidney cancer lawyers have also been recognized by many prestigious memberships and awards (see disclaimer below), including:
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Litigator Award
For a FREE consultation with an experienced Camp Lejeune lawsuit attorney concerning a potential kidney cancer claim, call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and convenient form below.
There is never any obligation, and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless you receive compensation. Call today and let’s see how we can help.
Justice Counts for those who served our country and their families, and we are ready to help however we can.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers “Rising Star” designation, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent designation by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.