Chapel Hill Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, you may be looking for a Chapel Hill car accident lawyer.
Our North Carolina personal injury attorneys may be able to help.
Since 1985, Riddle & Brantley has been fighting for justice for car accident victims in Chapel Hill and throughout North Carolina. Managing partner Gene Riddle attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and our connection to the area is personal.
“I attended UNC-Chapel Hill and the area is close to my heart. We’re proud to fight for justice for residents of Chapel Hill and all North Carolina.” -Gene Riddle
If you’ve been injured in a car, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian or bicycle accident in Chapel Hill or elsewhere in North Carolina, you may be entitled to compensation if someone else is responsible.
For a FREE consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below. There is no obligation, and there are never any attorney fees unless we win your case and you get financial compensation.
Our car accident lawyers have almost 200 years of combined legal experience. We know the law in North Carolina and are very familiar with the Chapel Hill area. We fight relentlessly for justice for our clients and would love to help you if we can.
Car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian accidents can result in serious, life-changing injuries. For more than three decades, our attorneys have represented auto accident victims who have experienced all kinds of injuries, including:
- Soft tissue injury
- Cuts, scrapes and contusions
- Broken bones, including compound fractures
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Organ injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limbs
- Wrongful death
Justice for Chapel Hill and North Carolina
Chapel Hill is the fifth largest city in North Carolina with a population of roughly 60,000 people. It is home of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is ranked as one of the nation’s best public universities.
Chapel Hill is growing fast and was ranked by Money magazine in 2018 as one of the 50 Best Places to Live in the United States.
Together with Raleigh and Durham, Chapel Hill is the third city to comprise the Triangle region. The Triangle is home to some of North Carolina’s busiest interstates and highways, including I-40, I-440, I-540, I-85, I-87 and US-501.
11 people were killed in traffic accidents in Orange County in 2016 alone.
If you’ve been injured in a Chapel Hill auto accident, please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation.
There is no upfront cost and no attorney fee unless we win your case. Our North Carolina car accident lawyers have experience in Chapel Hill and are ready to fight for justice.
What to Do After an Auto Accident
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, the first and most important thing to do is call 911 and seek medical attention.
Not only is this best for your safety and well-being, but a medical report will likely play an important part in any potential injury claim or lawsuit.
Once you’ve called 911 and received medical treatment, consider the following in order to build the best case for a potential injury claim:
- Talk with law enforcement — Be accurate and honest and remember that anything you say can and will be used against you. A police report will be an important part of any potential injury claim or lawsuit.
- Talk with potential witnesses — Speak with potential witnesses and get their contact information, including names, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Photograph any evidence — Survey the crash scene and take photos of any evidence, including skid marks, vehicle or property damage, signage, etc. Also take photos of any injuries you or other parties have suffered.
- File a workers’ compensation claim if necessary — If you’ve been injured while on the job, file Form 18 with the North Carolina Industrial Commission. Your employer will also need to submit Form 19. A North Carolina workers’ compensation attorney can help with this process.
- Do NOT give a statement to the insurance company — Before making any statement to an insurance company, consult with an attorney.
- Contact a car accident lawyer — An injury attorney will be able to advise on your best legal options and help navigate your claim. Most firms, including Riddle & Brantley, work on a contingency basis so there is no upfront cost and you only pay attorney fees if you recover financial compensation.
A personal injury attorney with experience representing auto accident victims in Chapel Hill can help handle all aspects of your case.
When you hire a Riddle & Brantley attorney, we’ll even help you connect with appropriate medical providers, and can make arrangements for affordable payments for your medical care.
For a FREE consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111. If for any reason we’re unable to help, we’ll do our best to connect you with someone who can.
What can I expect from my injury claim or lawsuit?
There is no such thing as an “average” car accident settlement or verdict. All cases are different and there are many factors involved in determining the outcome.
Riddle & Brantley has experience handling thousands of car, truck and motorcycle accidents throughout North Carolina and we’re proud of our track record obtaining five, six and even seven-figure settlements and judgments for victims.
Here are just a few of our recent case results:
- $5.45 million | Tractor-Trailer Accident — When a family of four was tragically killed in a collision with a tractor-trailer on a North Carolina highway, Riddle & Brantley fought for justice. Attorneys Gene Riddle and Kurt Dixon organized an end-to-end accident investigation and ultimately filed suit, settling with the insurance companies for $5,450,000 in total compensation for the surviving family of the victims.
- $2.25 million | Auto Accident & Wrongful Death — Attorney Gene Riddle represented the family of a woman who was killed when a truck crossed the center line and hit her head-on. Riddle teamed up with attorney David Kirby of Edward Kirby law firm in Raleigh, organizing a comprehensive investigation of the accident. After advising the defendant’s counsel of his intent to file suit, Riddle represented the client at mediation and won a $2.25 million settlement.
- $1 million | Motorcycle Accident — Managing partner Gene Riddle fought for justice for a client who was severely injured when a vehicle made an illegal turn and collided with his motorcycle. He was thrown 15 feet and suffered serious injuries that required multiple surgeries. Riddle obtained a $1,000,000 settlement for the victim, representing the limit of the at-fault party’s insurance policy.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
Injured in a Chapel Hill auto accident?
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident and believe someone else is responsible, you deserve justice — and you may be entitled to compensation.
The car accident lawyers at Riddle & Brantley are experienced representing Chapel Hill-area clients and we would love to help if we can.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation and case review, please call 1-800-525-7111 or fill out the short form below. There are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you recover financial compensation.
“They went to battle for me. My attorney was tough, thorough, and tenacious and won my case. I don’t know where I would be without Riddle & Brantley.” -Gary B.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation.
We would love to help if we can.