Chapel Hill Work Injury Lawyer
Workplace injuries happen — and the consequences can be life-changing. If you’ve been injured in a work accident, you may have a workers’ compensation claim and you may be entitled to compensation.
You might also be looking for a Chapel Hill work injury lawyer, and you might want to consider Riddle & Brantley.
Since 1985, Riddle & Brantley attorneys have been fighting for justice for injured workers in North Carolina, including many in the Chapel Hill area.
Our attorneys have nearly 200 years of combined legal experience. We even have two Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists on staff, who are recognized by the North Carolina Bar Association for their proficiency and experience in handling work injury cases.
For a FREE consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below.
There is no obligation and there are never any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Justice for Chapel Hill
Our connection to Chapel Hill is personal. Managing partner Gene Riddle attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for undergraduate studies, and his daughters also attend the university.
Many of our attorneys and staff have close family connections the area.
“We’re proud to fight for justice for clients across North Carolina, including many in Chapel Hill.” -Gene Riddle
Chapel Hill is quickly growing and is home to roughly 60,000 people. It is part of the Triangle area, along with Raleigh and Durham.
Population growth, heavy traffic, construction and booming business mean that work accidents are unfortunately common.
The work injury lawyers at Riddle & Brantley have experience serving clients who have suffered all types of injuries at work, including:
- Broken bones, including compound fractures
- Cuts, scrapes and contusions
- Head injuries including concussions
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crush injuries
- Hand injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Respiratory illness
- Disease resulting from exposure to toxic chemicals and substances
- Wrongful death
- And more…
If you’ve been involved in a work accident and suffered one of these or another type of injury, please call 1-800-525-711 for a FREE consultation with a work injury lawyer with experience in Chapel Hill.
In the most serious cases, workplace accidents can result in death. Family members seeking justice for wrongful death caused by an employer or other party’s negligence may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
The attorneys at Riddle & Brantley would love to help you seek justice if we can.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
We have experience handling work injury cases from start to finish, fighting for justice on behalf of victims in all occupations and industries, including:
- Truck drivers
- Factory workers
- Construction workers
- Law enforcement officers
- EMTs, paramedics and first responders
- Doctors, nurses and medical staff
- Office workers
- Warehouse workers
- Utility workers
- Workers exposed to dangerous chemicals and substances
- And more…
We know the law in North Carolina and are familiar with Chapel Hill and the surrounding area. When you work with a Riddle & Brantley attorney you don’t just get an experienced advocate for your case, but you also get the support of an entire team of case managers, paralegals and investigators committed to your success.
Handling Your Work Injury Case from Start to Finish
Our workers’ compensation attorneys fight tirelessly for our clients. We can handle all aspects of your injury case, making sure that you:
- Get a workers’ compensation settlement that is fair and protect your legal rights
- Receive your weekly disability payments on time
- File Form 18 with the NC Industrial Commission
- Receive acknowledgment from your employer and workers’ compensation insurer regarding your injury claim
- Get a fair and unbiased second opinion from a qualified doctor
- Receive weekly compensation based on an accurate weekly wage calculation
- Do not lose your claim to compensation due to the statute of limitations
- Do not miss any important filing deadlines
- Are not forced to return to work in a position created specifically to avoid paying disability
- And much, much more…
If you’ve suffered an injury due to a work accident, you may have a workers’ compensation claim and be entitled to compensation. You may be looking for a Chapel Hill work injury lawyer.
For a FREE consultation with one of our Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists, please call 1-800-525-7111. You can also fill out the form below if you prefer.
We work on a contingency basis, so there is no attorney fee unless we win your case and you receive compensation for your injuries.
What can I expect from my workers’ comp claim?
There are no guarantees in any claim or lawsuit, and all cases are different. Nevertheless, we are proud of our track record of successful settlements and judgments representing injured North Carolina workers, including:
- $1,800,000 — Attorney Gene Riddle represented an injured worker who lost his leg below the knee after a devastating truck accident while on the job. Riddle negotiated with both the workers’ compensation carrier and the insurance company for the at-fault party’s dump truck, ultimately settling the matter for $1,800,000 in total compensation.
- $829,000 — Attorney Christopher Brantley represented a 50-year-old cellular tower company employee who was seriously injured when a tree fell on him while working. He suffered head injuries with resulting cognitive deficits, semi-paralysis, and multiple fractures. A comprehensive life care plan was prepared and Brantley ultimately negotiated a significant settlement totaling $829,000.
- $750,000 — Our client suffered severe injuries resulting from a motor vehicle accident while on the job, including permanent impairments to his legs. Attorneys Gene Riddle and Adam Smith filed suit and conducted depositions, prompting the insurance company to reconsider its position and enter mediation. The claim was ultimately settled for $750,000.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
Have you suffered a work injury in Chapel Hill?
If you’ve been hurt in a work accident in Chapel Hill, the greater Triangle or elsewhere in North Carolina, you might want to consider consulting the experienced workers’ comp attorneys at Riddle & Brantley.
Since 1985, we’ve represented thousands of injured North Carolinians and we’re committed to fighting for justice for all.
We say Justice Counts, and we believe everyone deserves a fair shot under the law.
If you’ve been injured at work, please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation with a Riddle & Brantley work injury lawyer familiar with Chapel Hill.
The consultation is free, there is no obligation, and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation for your injuries.
“I would have never been able to sort things out without the professional representation this firm has provided.” – Elizabeth Ramos
Call 1-800-525-7111 today or complete the form below.
We’d love to see if we can help.