Charlotte Work Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured on the job, you may be searching for a Charlotte work injury lawyer, and you may want to consider Riddle & Brantley.
For more than 30 years, Riddle & Brantley’s workers comp attorneys have been helping injured employees seek justice and compensation for their injuries. We are committed to justice for all North Carolinians and have extensive experience serving clients in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County.
For a FREE consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer familiar with the Charlotte area, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below.
Riddle & Brantley works on a contingency fee basis, which means there is never any upfront cost and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case.
Our motto is Justice Counts and we believe everyone is entitled to equal justice.
“Our connection to the Charlotte area is personal and we are proud to fight for justice for all North Carolinians.” -Gene Riddle
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free case review.
Common Work Injuries in North Carolina
North Carolina is home to a wide range of industries and work environments, and injuries on the job are unfortunately common.
Our workers’ comp attorneys have experience representing clients who have suffered all types of injuries and illnesses from accidents at work, including:
- Back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limb(s) and amputations
- Broken bones
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss or tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Respiratory illnesses
- Illness resulting from asbestos exposure (like mesothelioma)
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and substances
- Carpal tunnel and repetitive motion injuries
- And more…
If you’ve suffered any of these or other injuries while working on the job, you may have a valid workers’ compensation claim and be entitled to compensation.
A Riddle & Brantley work injury attorney may be able to help.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation or complete the form below.
Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation
There’s no shortage of options when it comes to finding a work injury lawyer. And while there are many factors to consider, you may want to think about hiring a Board-Certified Specialist in workers’ compensation law.
Riddle & Brantley has two Board-Certified Specialists in workers’ compensation law on staff to serve you. These attorneys have been recognized by the North Carolina State Bar Association for their dedication and proficiency in work injury law.
When you work with a Riddle & Brantley attorney, you’ll not only get a powerful advocate for justice, but you’ll also be supported by an entire staff of case managers, paralegals and investigators dedicated to your success.
We believe the words of our clients speak for themselves:
“I am very happy with the service provided to me by Riddle & Brantley in my workers’ comp case … I am completely satisfied with the result of my case.” -Lakeisha D.
If you’ve been involved in an accident at work and suffered injury, you deserve justice — and you may be entitled to significant financial compensation.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation and case review with one of our North Carolina work injury lawyers.
We have experience fighting for justice for Charlotte-area clients and are ready to help.
Of course, client testimonials are not the only measure of our success. We are also proud of the case results we’ve won for our deserving clients, including:
- $2,475,000 — When a welder fell from a platform and suffered serious, disabling injuries, Riddle & Brantley attorneys Gene Riddle, Christopher Brantley and Jonathan Smith jumped into action. Through several mediaitons and post-mediation negotiations, our legal team obtained total compensation of $2.475 million for our injured client. We also helped set up two trusts to provide for our client’s long-term care.
- $1,800,000 — Our client was driving a truck while on the job and was hit head-on by another truck. He suffered serious injuries including the eventual amputation of his leg below the knee. Managing partner Gene Riddle fought for justice, ultimately winning settlements with the workers’ comp carrier and the carrier for the defendant vehicle. Total compensation of $1.8 million was awarded.
- $829,000 — Partner Christopher Brantley fought for an employee who was seriously injured by a falling tree while on the job. The work injury resulted in cognitive impairment and semi-paralysis, among other injuries. A settlement was obtained totaling $829,000.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
What can a work injury attorney do for me?
Workers’ compensation claims can be complex and time-consuming. You have enough to worry about as you recover from your injuries.
A work injury lawyer from Riddle & Brantley can handle all aspects of your case.
We will ensure that:
- The employer and insurance company have been placed on written notice of your injury (Form 18)
- The North Carolina Industrial Commission is on notice of your claim (Form 18)
- Your notice includes all injuries
- The insurance company formally files an acceptance of your claim with the Industrial Commission
- Your medical bills are paid in a timely manner, avoiding going into collections
- The adjuster and nurse case manager do not inappropriately communicate with your doctors
- Your weekly disability checks are timely
- Your average weekly rate has been calculated correctly
- The insurance company approves all referrals for medical care (such as diagnostic tests like MRIs) in a timely manner
- Your medications are paid for and approved promptly
- You receive proper compensation for mileage
- You are transported to any appointments if necessary
- You receive proper vocational training and re-education, if appropriate
- You receive a second opinion from a qualified and unbiased doctor
- You are not forced to return to work to a position that was created solely to prevent you from receiving a disability check
- You do not waive your rights or settle part of your claim for less than full value
- You do not miss any deadlines or statutes of limitations
- And more…
What to Do After a Work Injury
If you’ve been injured while on the job, the road to recovery can be long and the consequences can be life-changing.
You don’t need to go it alone.
While North Carolina law does not require you to hire an attorney, you may want to consider hiring a work injury lawyer with experience representing clients in the Charlotte area.
Riddle & Brantley has two Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Comp law and we would be happy to consult with you about your workers’ compensation claim and other legal options.
For a FREE, no-obligation case review, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the simple form below.
Because we work on a contingency basis, if you decide to hire us to represent you, there is no upfront cost and no attorney fees unless we win your case and recover financial compensation for you.
All North Carolinians deserve justice.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today. We’d love to talk with you and see if we can help.