Concord Veterans Benefits Lawyer
Are you looking for a Concord veterans benefits lawyer? Perhaps you’ve been injured or suffered an illness in the course of service to your country. If your injuries or illness resulted in partial or full disability, you may be entitled to VA disability payments.
The veteran benefits attorneys at Riddle & Brantley have experience serving veterans in Concord and may be able to help. Riddle & Brantley has been serving Concord and surrounding North Carolina areas for more than 30 years.
It is a privilege and an honor to fight for those who fought for us.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 or fill out the fast and easy form below for a FREE consultation with a veterans benefits lawyer serving clients in Concord and greater Charlotte.
There is no cost for the consultation, and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we get VA disability benefits for you. In some cases, we can even help improve your disability rating.
Riddle & Brantley would love to help you seek the justice and benefits you deserve.
“By far the best law firm that actually cares about helping veterans.”
-B.F., Riddle & Brantley client
Why Riddle & Brantley VA benefits lawyers?
Our VA benefits attorneys help veterans get the monthly compensation they deserve for disability suffered as a result of injuries or illness incurred in the course of their service.
Here are just a few ways we can help:
- Appealing a denial — Roughly 30 percent of all VA disability applications are denied. Don’t let this discourage you. If you have been denied VA benefits, you may be able to appeal the decision. Do not simply take “no” for an answer. The attorneys at Riddle & Brantley can help, and may be able to file a Request for Review or Notice of Disagreement. Research has shown that as many as 60% of denials are based on errors, and you deserve a thorough and accurate review of your application.
- Increasing your disability rating — The specific amount you are entitled to depends on the “disability rating” assigned to you by the VA. Many veterans are given a lower rating than they deserve — and, for example, the difference between a 90 percent and 100 percent rating can be more than $1000 per month. That can make a big difference for you and your loved ones.
- Obtaining Individual Unemployability — Many times, the VA denies Individual Unemployability benefits to veterans that can’t work from service-connected conditions and this can dramatically impact the monthly payments that you may receive. Our veteran benefits lawyers with experience in Concord NC may be able to help obtain this designation for you based on the evidence.
- Obtaining missing backpay — Some veterans are missing benefits backpay and aren’t even aware of it. The VA should pay you the money back to your effective date, however the VA often gives incorrect effective dates. Veterans can easily lose out on thousands of dollars.
“Many of our attorneys and staff have close family ties to our military and we are proud to fight on behalf of North Carolina veterans.”
–Gene Riddle, attorney and managing partner, Riddle & Brantley
How does applying for VA disability work?
To obtain a favorable decision and receive veteran’s disability benefits, you must make a strong case to the VA.
The following qualifications are important when applying for veterans disability benefits:
- You must have served in active duty, active duty for training or inactive duty for training.
- You must have received a discharge other than dishonorable.
- You must have been at least partially disabled by an injury or disease suffered while in military service.
Certain other criteria may apply.
For a FREE consultation with a veterans benefits lawyer at Riddle & Brantley serving Concord NC and greater Charlotte, pleae call 1-800-525-7111 today.
In order to qualify for VA disability benefits, you must also demonstrate the following:
- You must show medical evidence of your disability. This includes a thorough medical examination called a “Compensation & Pension” exam (or “C&P” exam)
- You must show evidence that your disability was caused by injury or illness incurred in the course of your military service.
Your injury does not have to occur on the battlefield or in active combat in order to qualify you for VA disability payments.
For instance, if you suffered an injury or illness simply while stationed at a military base, you may qualify for benefits.
For a FREE consultation with a veterans benefits lawyer serving Concord NC-area veterans, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and easy form below.
There are never any upfront costs and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive veterans disability benefits.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
North Carolina is a state with a proud military tradition. Many of our attorneys, paralegals, and case managers have close ties to the military and we are proud to serve those who have served our country.
We consider it both an honor and a privilege.
VA-Accredited Veteran Benefits Lawyer
Our veterans benefits law team is led by Scott Scurfield, a VA-accredited veteran’s benefits lawyer with experience serving clients in Concord and across North Carolina.
Scott has actively represented veterans in their VA disability cases since 2011. This is significant as attorneys have only been allowed to represent veterans in their VA disability claims since 2007.
Scott is also a Board-Certified Social Security Disability Specialist and can assist you with Social Security disability claims as well.
“It’s an honor serving those who have served our country. We are committed to fighting for North Carolina veterans to get them the disability benefits they deserve.”
–Scott Scurfield, Riddle & Brantley VA- accredited disability attorney
Justice for Veterans in Concord and Greater Charlotte
Looking for a Concord veterans benefits lawyer? The North Carolina VA disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
We’ve been helping clients in the greater Concord area for more than three decades and have served veterans throughout North Carolina.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE consultation and case review with a VA-accredited veterans benefits lawyer serving clients in Concord NC.
Our firm was founded on the principle that Justice Counts — and we are especially proud to fight for justice for our deserving veterans.
Let’s discuss your case today — the consultation is free and there are no attorney fees unless we get you the benefits you need and deserve.
For a free case review please call 1-800-525-7111 today.