Gardasil Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Lawsuits
Gardasil MS Claims
Gardasil is a vaccine developed by Merck & Co. to prevent certain types of human papillomavirus (HPV), particularly those most likely to cause cervical cancer or genital warts. Despite its effectiveness in preventing these conditions, some patients have reported severe side effects after receiving the Gardasil vaccine. One of the concerning conditions linked to Gardasil in some reports is multiple sclerosis (MS), a chronic illness that affects the central nervous system.
Our firm is actively investigating claims that MS may be linked to the Gardasil HPV vaccine. If you’ve been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis after receiving the Gardasil vaccine, please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free case review. You may qualify for a Gardasil MS lawsuit and be entitled to compensation.
For a FREE case review with a Gardasil lawsuit lawyer, call 1-800-525-7111. There are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
The Potential Connection Between Gardasil and Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis is a potentially disabling disease of the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system). In MS, the immune system attacks the protective sheath (myelin) that covers nerve fibers, causing communication problems between your brain and the rest of your body.
Research into a potential link between Gardasil and multiple sclerosis has been conducted, with mixed findings. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), have conducted investigations and found no increased risk of multiple sclerosis or other central nervous system demyelinating diseases following vaccination with Gardasil. A large-scale study from Denmark and Sweden also found no increased risk of multiple sclerosis or similar diseases among over 700,000 girls and women who received the HPV vaccine.
However, some individual cases of MS following Gardasil vaccination have been reported. While these cases do not establish a causal relationship, they have raised concerns and led to calls for further research.
Multiple Sclerosis Gardasil Lawsuits
Despite the lack of definitive evidence linking Gardasil to MS, there have been lawsuits filed against Merck — the manufacturer of Gardasil — by individuals who developed multiple sclerosis after receiving the Gardasil vaccine. These lawsuits generally allege that Merck failed to adequately warn about the potential risks associated with the vaccine.
Damages potentially available in a Gardasil MS lawsuit include:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages or future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
To be clear, however, a definitive link between Gardasil and MS has not been established, though research is ongoing. You may qualify for a Gardasil lawsuit, however, if you meet the following criteria:
- Received the Gardasil or Gardasil 9 HPV vaccine.
- Experienced severe and debilitating side effects or complications after receiving the vaccine, such as multiple sclerosis (MS), Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS), Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), other autoimmune disorders, Primary Ovarian Insufficiency (POI), or another qualifying condition.
- Can demonstrate that the side effects you experienced are directly linked to the Gardasil vaccine (an experienced Gardasil lawsuit attorney can help you compile evidence to build the strongest case possible)
- Suffered significant damages as a result of these side effects, such as medical expenses, loss of income, ongoing treatment costs, or emotional distress.
Multiple Sclerosis & MS Symptoms
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a complex, chronic disease affecting the central nervous system, which includes the brain and spinal cord. MS occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks the protective covering of nerve fibers (myelin), causing communication issues between the brain and the body. Symptoms can vary widely, depending largely on the amount of damage and which nerves are affected.
Symptoms of MS can be unpredictable and may differ greatly from person to person, but often include:
- Fatigue: This is one of the most common symptoms and can significantly interfere with the ability to function at work or home.
- Difficulty walking: MS can cause muscle weakness, spasticity, loss of balance, sensory deficit, and fatigue, which can affect walking.
- Numbness or weakness: This can occur on one side of the body at a time or in the legs and trunk.
- Spasticity: The involuntary muscle stiffness or spasms, particularly in the leg muscles.
- Muscle stiffness and spasms: These are common, particularly in the legs.
- Problems with coordination and balance: These can impact movement and increase the risk of falls.
- Tremors: Some people with MS may experience uncontrollable shaking.
- Speech problems: Some people may develop a slow or slurred speech.
- Blurred or double vision: Issues with vision can occur, including blurred vision, double vision, or even a partial or complete loss of vision.
- Dizziness: People with MS often feel lightheaded or dizzy.
- Problems with bowel and bladder function: These can include constipation, loss of bowel control, frequent urination, and strong urges to urinate.
It’s important to note that while these symptoms can be suggestive of MS, they can also be caused by a variety of other medical conditions. If you are experiencing these symptoms, it’s crucial to seek professional medical advice for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Call Today for a FREE Case Review
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) after receiving the Gardasil HPV vaccine, we at Riddle & Brantley encourage you to reach out to us at 1-800-525-7111. We understand the complexity and emotional difficulty of this situation, and we’re here to help you explore your legal options. We offer a FREE, no-obligation case review to evaluate your situation and guide you through the potential steps ahead.
It’s important to understand that there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
We must also emphasize that this area of litigation is rapidly evolving. The scientific and legal landscapes surrounding Gardasil claims are complex, and there are no guarantees that such claims will result in compensation. Nonetheless, we believe Justice Counts and are committed to work diligently on your behalf. Call 1-800-525-7111 today for a FREE case review concerning a potential Gardasil MS claim (or Gardasil lawsuit involving another qualifying condition).
Why Riddle & Brantley for Your Gardasil MS Claim?
Riddle & Brantley’s skilled team of lawyers has over 225 years of collective legal expertise in managing injury claims. Since 2000 alone, we have successfully secured more than $700 million for injury victims (see disclaimer below), and we’re not slowing down. Our Gardasil attorneys have been recognized and honored by various prestigious organizations and awards for their outstanding work and impactful results (see disclaimer below), such as:
- Top 100 recognition by The National Trial Lawyers
- Acknowledgement from The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Inclusion in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Named Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers “Rising Stars”
- Listed in The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Recipients of The Litigator Award
“This settlement changed me and my family’s lives.”
–Linda B., Riddle & Brantley client
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a free case review concerning a potential multiple sclerosis Gardasil claim. We are ready to help however we can.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers “Rising Star” designation, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent designation by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.