Davidson Disability Lawyer
Have you suffered a disability that leaves you unable to work? You may qualify for Social Security disability benefits, and you may be looking for a Davidson disability lawyer to handle your appeal.
The fact is, more than 70 percent of disability benefits are denied at the Initial Application stage. But an experienced disability lawyer serving Davidson can dramatically improve your chances of receiving benefits.
If you’re looking for a Davidson disability lawyer, we encourage you to request a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an NC disability attorney at Riddle & Brantley by calling 1-800-525-7111.
We’ve been helping North Carolinians with disabilities in the Davidson area and greater Charlotte for decades and would love to help you if we can.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving Davidson and greater Charlotte.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive Social Security disability benefits.
“I would recommend Riddle & Brantley to anyone who needs help with disability.”
–B. Fields, Riddle & Brantley client
How to Qualify for Disability Benefits
Social Security Disability (SSD) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) are available to qualified individuals who suffer from a disability and are unable to work as a result.
An experienced disability attorney serving clients in Davidson can help you determine your eligibility, but in general, you may qualify depending on your response to the following 5 important questions the SSA uses in determining SSD and SSDI eligibility:
- Are you earning wages currently? In order to qualify, you must be making no more than $1,260 per month in income.
- What is the extent of your disability? The SSA will need to determine that your disabling condition “significantly interferes” with your ability to work.
- Is your disabling condition listed in the SSA’s “Blue Book”? The “Blue Book” is a list of qualifying conditions that may automatically entitle to you to disability benefits, provided you meet certain other criteria.
- Can you do work similar to what you’ve done before? If you can perform work similar to that which you’ve done in the past 15 years, you won’t be determined eligible.
- Can you do another kind of work? The SSA will also want to determine that you cannot perform a different type of work from what you have done over the past 15 years, using what is called your “residual functioning capacity.”
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving Davidson NC, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is never any obligation and we only get paid if we get you the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
“I would recommend them to anyone. They fought hard for me.”
–Christine W., Riddle & Brantley client
“What are my chances of getting benefits?”
There are no guarantees that you will receive disability benefits, regardless whether or not you hire an attorney. However, hiring a disability lawyer can significantly improve your chances of getting approved.
In fact, a recent study found that while just 34 percent of those who did not hire an attorney were ultimately approved for benefits, 60 percent of those who did hire a disability lawyer were ultimately approved.
Don’t gamble with the benefits you may be entitled to.
Social Security disability benefits can be life-changing, and dramatically improve your financial situation and ease the stress associated with living with a disability.
We understand what you’re going through and would love to help however we can.
A Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer with experience in Davidson can help with all aspects of your disability appeal, including but not limited to:
- Helping you file your Initial Application for benefits with the SSA
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your application is denied at the Initial Application stage
- Obtaining important medical records, letters of support and evaluation forms from your medical providers
- Helping you communicate with the SSA
- Filing a Request for a Hearing if your disability claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Representing you in your hearing before the Administrative Law Judge (“ALJ”)
- Obtaining records and evidence requested by the ALJ
- Cross-examining witnesses at your hearing
- Filing an appeal with the Appeals Council if your claim is not approved by the ALJ judge at the Hearing level
- Representing you in your case before the Appeals Council
- Filing a lawsuit in federal court if your claim is denied by the Appeals Council or not sent back to the ALJ for further consideration
- And much, much more…
Remember, just because your disability claim is denied, does NOT mean it’s the end of the road.
An experienced disability lawyer serving clients in Davidson and greater Charlotte, North Carolina can help with your appeal — and increase the chances that you receive approval for benefits.
In addition to serving clients in Davidson, we also handle disability appeals cases in Charlotte, Gastonia, Belmont, Concord, Kannapolis, Matthews, Indian Trail, Huntersville, and Mint Hill, to name a few.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a disability lawyer serving Davidson and greater North Carolina, please call 1-800-525-7111.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
–R. Colley, Riddle & Brantley client
We know the law in North Carolina and are experienced helping North Carolinians with disabilities get the SSD and SSDI benefits they need and deserve.
Our team is led by Scott Scurfield, a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law who has helped hundreds of clients appeal SSA decisions and secure their benefits.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with disabilities — including those in Davidson and greater NC — and we would love to help however we can.