Durham Disability Lawyer
If you are applying for — or have been denied for — disability benefits, our Durham disability lawyers may be able to help.
Our Durham disability lawyers have been fighting for North Carolinians with disabilities since 1985. The Riddle & Brantley Social Security Disability (SSD) team is led by attorney Scott Scurfield, who is a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law.
No matter your disability, our attorneys are ready to fight for you. Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free, no-obligation consultation.
We understand what you’re going through.
You don’t have to do this alone.
Applying for disability benefits can be complicated and stressful, and initial applications are often denied. A Durham disability lawyer can help no matter where you are in the process.
From filing your initial application to representing you at hearings, appealing a potential denial to filing a lawsuit and everything in between, our experienced disability attorneys can manage all aspects of your case.
Our priority is to make the entire process as easy and stress-free as possible for you.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced Durham disability lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also complete the fast and easy online form if you prefer.
Because we work on a contingency basis, there are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we successfully get you disability benefits — no win, no fee.
Call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below to speak with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law.
We would love to help you get the benefits you deserve.
“Our firm has fought for North Carolinians with disabilities for decades. We’re proud to fight for justice, no matter what.” -Gene Riddle
We have convenient offices in Durham and are available for in-person consultations by appointment only. We can even come to you if it’s more convenient.
Putting Clients First
For more than three decades, our firm has fought for North Carolinians seeking disability benefits from the Social Security Administration. We believe ALL North Carolinians deserve justice.
Our team is led by a Board-Certified Social Security Disability Specialist who has been recognized by the North Carolina Bar Association for his experience practicing in this area of law.
We’re proud of the results we’ve obtained for our deserving clients. We strive to provide excellent service as reflected in the words of our clients:
- “It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.” -R. Colley
- “They treated my case very professionally, with respect from beginning to end.” -Joseph W.
- “Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.” -Tyronnie T.
What to Do If You’ve Been Denied Disability Benefits
Roughly 60 percent of first-time disability applicants are denied. But if your claim has been denied, that doesn’t mean you don’t have options.
You have the right to a hearing and unfavorable decisions can be appealed. As a last resort, a lawsuit can even be filed in federal court.
A Durham disability lawyer can help you navigate the complexities of filing for disability benefits or appealing a denial.
If you’ve been denied Social Security disability benefits, you may want to speak with a disability lawyer.
Our disability lawyers have experience in Durham and throughout the Triangle and are ready to advise you on your case.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below for a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Social Security Disability Specialist.
We will listen to you, review the details of your case and advise you on your best legal options.
If you’ve suffered a disability, you deserve justice. Our attorneys have been fighting for North Carolinians with disabilities for more than three decades and we’re ready to help however we can.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s talk.
What Can a Durham Disability Lawyer Do for You?
The law does not require you to hire an attorney to represent you in pursuing disability benefits, but these cases can be complex, time-consuming and stressful.
An experienced Social Security disability attorney can help you navigate the entire process, including:
- Assisting in completing your Initial Application for Social Security Disability benefits
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your application is initially denied
- Monitoring, and assisting you in responding to, requests and correspondence from the Social Security Administration while your claim is being evaluated
- Filing a Request for Hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (“ALJ”) if your claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Gathering treatment records from medical providers and submitting them to the SSA
- Seeking help from your doctors in supporting your claim by doctor letters and Residual Functional Capacity evaluation forms
- Organizing your records and highlighting important ones to the judge who hears your case
- Cross-examining witnesses at your ALJ hearing
- Arguing the merits of your claim to the ALJ
- Gathering any records requested by your Administrative Law Judge
- Appealing your case if your judge improperly denies you benefits
- And much, much more…
Are You Applying for Disability Benefits or Appealing a Denial?
If you’re in need of an experienced disability lawyer serving the Durham area, consider the attorneys at Riddle & Brantley.
Our attorneys have more than 225 years of combined legal experience and are committed to pursuing justice for North Carolinians with disabilities.
Call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Social Security Disability Specialist.
The consultation is free, there is no obligation, and there are absolutely no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s see if we can help.
“Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.” -Tyronnie T.
You deserve justice and you may be entitled to Social Security disability benefits, even if you’ve been denied.
You don’t have to do this alone.