Elizabeth City Disability Lawyer
Looking for an Elizabeth disability lawyer? The North Carolina disability lawyers at Riddle & Brantley have been serving clients throughout the state — including many in the Elizabeth City NC area — for decades and we would love to help however we can.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced disability lawyer serving Elizabeth City and greater North Carolina, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is absolutely no obligation and there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a free case review with our disability team.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Riddle & Brantley disability lawyers have been serving clients in the Elizabeth City NC area and elsewhere in North Carolina for more than three decades.
Together, our attorney have nearly 200 years of combined legal experience and we are committed to fighting for North Carolinians with disabilities.
We strive to offer excellent clients service and are proud of the words our clients use to describe working with our attorneys and staff:
- “It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.” -R. Colley
- “They fought hard for me and were always caring and helpful when whenever I had concerns or questions.” –Clyde A. Mann
- “From the moment you walk in the door … it’s a wonderful, family atmosphere.” Schaeffer
“They treated my case very professionally, with respect from beginning to end.”
Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability
Scott Scurfield, a disability attorney and Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability, leads the SSD team at Riddle & Brantley.
As a Specialist, Scott has passed a rigorous exam and met the requirements outlined by the NC State Bar to demonstrate his proficiency and experience in this special practice area.
Scott is passionate about helping North Carolinians with disabilities and has been serving clients throughout the state — including many in the Elizabeth City NC area — for decades.
For a FREE case review and consultation with Scott and his team, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There are no upfront costs and we only get paid if you receive the Social Security disability benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a disability lawyer serving the Elizabeth area.
“Do I qualify for Social Security disability benefits?”
Social Security disability payments are available for those who are unable to work due to a disabling condition.
These payments can be critical for those who are unable to work and are faced with the prospect of lost wages and expensive medical bills.
In general, the Social Security Administration (SSA) relies on five important questions when evaluating disability claims:
- Are you earning an income? The SSA will only consider you for disability benefits if you are currently earning no more than $1,260 per month in wages.
- Does your disability “significantly interfere” with your ability to work? The SSA will want to see evidence that your disabling condition prevents you from performing work.
- Is your condition among the SSA’s qualifying disabilities? The “Blue Book” lists the disabling conditions that may automatically qualify you for benefits provided you meet certain other criteria.
- Can you perform work you’ve done before? In order to qualify for disability benefits, you must demonstrate that you are unable to perform work similar to what you have done in the past 15 years.
- Can you perform a different type of work? If you’re unable to perform work that you’ve done before, you must also prove that you cannot reasonably perform a different type of work with your “residual functioning capacity.”
If you’re applying for disability benefits (or appealing a denial), please call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with a disability lawyer serving Elizbeth, North Carolina today.
The call is free and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case and see how we can help.
We understand what you’re going through.
You don’t have to do this alone.
“I would recommend Riddle & Brantley to anyone who needs help with disability.”
The Social Security disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley can handle all aspects of your disability claim or appeal, including:
- Helping you complete the Initial Application for benefits, ensuring that the full extent of your disability is described and supported
- Collecting important medical records, evaluation forms and letters of support from your medical providers
- Ensuring that you receive an impartial and unbiased second opinion from a doctor
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your claim is denied at the Initial level
- Filing a Request for a Hearing if your claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Presenting your case before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) at your hearing
- Collecting additional records and supporting evidence requested by the ALJ
- Cross-examining witnesses at your hearing and highlighting important evidence
- Filing a request for review by the Appeals Council if your claim is rejected by the ALJ
- Filing a lawsuit in Federal District Court if your claim is unjustly denied by the Appeals Council or not reversed by the ALJ
- And much, much more…
Looking for an Elizabeth NC disability lawyer?
If you’re looking for an Elizabeth City disability lawyer to assist with your claim or appeal, you may want to consider the experienced North Carolina disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley.
Our attorneys have been serving Elizabeth City and surrounding North Carolina for decades and we would love to help however we can.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with a disability lawyer serving Elizabeth City and surrounding North Carolina today.
The consultation is free and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive Social Security disability payments.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case for free.
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with disabilities. We would love to help you if we can.