What can I do to help with my case?
The most important thing for you to focus on is your recovery, but there are several things you can do to help us handle your case:
- Do not discuss your case or its value with anyone other than members of our firm, including Facebook or social media. If you have questions about social media, please see the FAQs directed towards this issue.
- Please be mindful that the insurance company can hire private investigators to watch and report your activities. Please alert us if you think you are under surveillance.
- Please refer all letters and phone calls to us.
- Keep your case manager advised of the status of your medical treatment, and let us know when you have been released by your doctor.
- Save all your medical bills and explanation of benefits (EOBs).
- Provide us with a copy of all receipts for prescriptions or over-the-counter medications.
- Keep a record of each hospital, doctor’s office or other medical provider where you are treated, examined or tested.
- Keep a diary of significant events related to your case. This diary should include notes on the following:
- The facts of the collision
- The pain you felt at the time of impact.
- Statements made by you or the other drivers or witnesses.
- Your physical limitations, pain and suffering and other problems resulting from your injuries, both at home and work. These notes should include those activities which you were able to do before the injury but unable to do after the injury.
- Name of people who helped you or visited you while you were recovering.
- Tell your doctors about your problems and follow your doctor’s instructions, especially concerning your level of activity, return to work, medications, return office visits, and additional treatment or tests.