(800)525-7111 Free Consultation

Filing of a Federal Tort Claim

Riddle Brantley LLP   |  January 19, 2015   |  

The government requires you to file a Form 95 (http://www.justice.gov/civil/docs_forms/SF-95.pdf). This form is used for damage, injury or death. If you fail to file the form and properly complete it, then you may waive your claim after the expiration of the applicable period of limitations which is 2 years.

Even in you live in NC and the accident occurred on a NC road, you have 2 years and not 3 to preserve your claim by filing this form.

If you had an auto accident, the adjuster handling the claim for the government may or may not begin handling your claim for property damage until you file the Form 95.

Contact Riddle & Brantley, LLP today for help with your Federal Tort Claim needs by calling 800-525-7111.

However, even if the adjuster begins to work on your property damage, your claim for personal injury or death is a separate claim and must be included in separate boxes on the form.

This is why it is important to consult with a law firm like Riddle & Brantley, LLP that has handled numerous accidents involving federal tort claims. We know how to properly complete and file the Form 95.

In some auto accidents, we have seen that there is no action taken at all unless and until we file the Form 95. In order to properly complete the Form 95 you need information contained on the accident report. If your accident is a premises liability claim from an accident at the Base Exchange or the Post Office, you need the incident report to help you properly complete the Form 95.