(800)525-7111 Free Consultation

My workers’ compensation claim was denied, what can I do?

Riddle Brantley LLP   |  January 19, 2015   |  

If your claim was denied by the employer or insurance carrier, you should contact an attorney that handles workers compensation claims. The attorney may be able to file motions or other actions to persuade the employer or carrier to reconsider and accept your claim. Remember, the Industrial Commission operates as the finder of fact in your case and it will determine the outcome. Just because your claim has been denied by your employer or its insurance company doesn’t necessarily mean that the Industrial Commission will agree with its denial. There are many forms that can be filed with the Industrial Commission and an experienced workers’ compensation attorney can help make sure that the appropriate forms are timely filed. If you and your employer cannot reach an agreement, then a hearing can be requested and the Industrial Commission will appoint a Deputy Commissioner to hear your case and render an opinion and award.