Gastonia Disability Lawyer
A Gastonia disability lawyer may be able to help you get the disability benefits you are entitled to from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
If you’re considering hiring a disability attorney to assist with your case in Gastonia or greater Charlotte, you may want to consider the Social Security disability lawyers at Riddle & Brantley. Our North Carolina law firm has been helping North Carolinians with disabilities for more than three decades.
For a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security disability law, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also complete the fast and easy online form if you prefer.
Our attorneys have more than 225 years of combined experience fighting for justice. We have served thousands of clients in North Carolina, including many in Gastonia and greater Charlotte.
Please call us at 1-800-525-7111 today. A disability lawyer with experience in Gastonia would be happy to help.
Our Social Security Disability Team
Our firm includes lawyers, paralegals and case managers with a broad base of experience helping Gastonia residents and othesr across North Carolina obtain disability benefits.
Our team is led by Attorney Scott Scurfield, a Board-Certified Specialist in social security disability law.
“I will always speak of the great job that Scott … did in helping me get disability.”
A Board-Certified Specialist is a lawyer who has been recognized by the North Carolina State Bar for his or her experience and proficiency in practicing in this specific area of law.
While there are no guarantees, having a Specialist on your side may help improve the chances that you are ultimately approved for disability benefits by the SSA.
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer experienced in helping clients in the Gastonia area, call us at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
“We believe in justice for all North Carolinians with disabilities, and we’ve been helping clients in Gastonia and greater Charlotte for decades.”
-Gene Riddle, managing partner
How much does a disability lawyer cost?
If you’re seeking a disability lawyer with experience helping clients in Gastonia, you may be surprised by how affordable it can be.
At Riddle & Brantley, our disability attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means:
- The initial consultation is always FREE
- There are no upfront costs
- You will not pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits
- In most cases, the attorney fee is paid directly to us by the Social Security Administration out of your past-due benefits
Call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE consultation with a disability attorney serving clients in Gastonia, greater Charlotte, and all of North Carolina today.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive benefits.
No win, no fee!
What can a Gastonia Social Security Disability lawyer do for you?
Seeking disability benefits can be frustrating. Most applicants are denied at the initial stage of the process. The process can be complicated, time-consuming and stressful — and there are no guarantees that you will be approved.
However, a disability lawyer can help improve the chances that you are approved for disability. A recent study showed that while just 34 percent of people who did not hire an attorney were ultimately approved, 60 percent of people who did hire an attorney were ultimately approved for benefits.
A disability lawyer can help improve the chances that you are ultimately approved, even if you have been previously denied.
A Board-certified Specialist in Social Security disability law serving clients in Gastonia can help from the beginning to the end of your disability claim by doing things like:
- Helping you file for benefits with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Helping explain and navigate the hundreds of documents and forms involved in applying for benefits.
- Filing a request for a hearing by an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if you are initially denied
- Handling communications requests from the SSA concerning your claim
- Communicating with your doctors and medical providers to obtain medical records and evaluation forms necessary to strengthen your case for disability benefits
- Representing you and cross-examining witnesses at your hearing with the ALJ
- Gathering any documents or records requested by the ALJ as part of your hearing
- Appealing your case to the Appeals Council if your claim is denied following your hearing
- Appealing your case with a lawsuit in federal court if your claim continues to be denied
- And much more…
You don’t have to go through this alone.
Living with a disability can be truly life-changing. There are emotional and financial burdens associated with disability, and SSD or SSDI benefits can help.
If you’re living with a disability and are unable to work, you may be entitled to Social Security disability benefits and one of our experienced disability lawyers may be able to help you get the benefits you deserve.
Call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with a Board-Certified Specialist today. We have experience helping clients in Gastonia and greater Charlotte and are ready to listen.
We’ll review your case and advise on your best legal options for pursuing your claim.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case — and you receive disability benefits.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below for a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer helping clients in Gastonia, Charlotte and greater North Carolina.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s talk.
Has the Social Security Administration already denied your application for benefits?
If you have been previously denied, it isn’t over. You may still have a case — and you may be eligible for benefits for disability.
In fact, more than 60 percent of disability claims are denied at the initial stage.
Our attorneys can advocate for you at every level, and you’ll be supported by Riddle & Brantley’s entire team of case managers and paralegals, each dedicated to your success.
Our disability team knows the greater Charlotte area well and we’ve represented many clients in Gastonia and the surrounding area.
“I would recommend Riddle & Brantley to anyone who needs help with disability.”
Call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below for a FREE case review.
The consultation is free and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the disability benefits you need and deserve.
How Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
In considering your claim for disability benefits, the SSA relies on 5 important questions among other criteria:
- Are you working? If you’re earning more than $1,180 per month in wages, you won’t qualify for disability. This is the threshold established by the SSA.
- Is your disability severe enough? In order to be eligible for benefits, you must demonstrate that your condition is severe enough to prevent you from working.
- Is your disability included on the list of approved conditions? The “Blue Book” is a list of disabilities that automatically qualify you for benefits, provided you meet other criteria. You can check out this list on the SSA website.
- Can you do the same work you’ve performed previously? The SSA will consider whether or not you can perform work that you’ve done in the past 15 years in evaluating your disability claim.
- Can you do any other type of work? If you cannot perform work that you’ve previously done, the SSA will want to know if your disability prevents you from doing any other type of work.
The application and appeals process can be complex.
A disability attorney serving Gastonia and greater Charlotte can help make sense of the entire claims process.
For a FREE consultation please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with disabilities and we want to help if we can.