Hendersonville Disability Lawyer
Have you suffered a disability that leaves you unable to work? You may be entitled to Social Security disability benefits and you may be looking for a Hendersonville disability lawyer to assist with your appeal.
If so, you may want to consider the North Carolina disability lawyers at Riddle & Brantley. We’ve been serving clients in the Hendersonville area for decades and would love to help if we can.
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving Hendersonville NC, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is never any obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
“I would recommend Riddle & Brantley to anyone who needs help with disability.”
–B. Fields, Riddle & Brantley client
In addition to serving North Carolinians with disabilities in Hendersonville, we also handle cases throughout western North Carolina, including the greater Asheville area.
Free consultations are available by phone, email, text and video conference. There is no in-person meeting required.
“Do I qualify for disability?”
If you’re seeking disability benefits in Hendersonville NC or elsewhere in North Carolina, you should consult with an experienced disability lawyer to determine your eligibility and best legal options for seeking benefits.
However, keep in mind that the Social Security Administration (SSA) uses a set of 5 important questions to evaluate your eligibility for SSD and SSDI benefits:
- Are you currently earning income? In order to qualify for SSD or SSDI, you can’t be making more than $1,260 in monthly wages.
- Is your disability severe? The SSA will seek to determine if your disabling condition “significantly interferes” with your ability to work.
- Is your disabling condition in the “Blue Book”? The SSA keeps a list of disabilities (called the “Blue Book”) that may automatically qualify you for benefits provided you meet certain other criteria.
- Can you do the work you’ve done previously? You will need to prove to the SSA that you cannot reasonably perform work similar to what you’ve done in the last 15 years.
- Can you do a different type of work? If you can’t do work you’ve done previously, the SSA will also seek to determine that you cannot perform a different kind of work using your “residual functional capacity.”
Keep in mind that some conditions may not be listed in the “Blue Book” of impairments, but these conditions may nonetheless be connected to other potentially disabling conditions that may qualify you for benefits.
For instance, diabetes is no longer a qualifying disabling condition as determined by the SSA, however many diabetes-related conditions (such as neuropathy or kidney damage) may qualify you for Social Security disability benefits.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced disability lawyer serving Hendersonville NC, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There are no upfront costs and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
“They made a hard time in my life easier to endure.”
–Melissa C., Riddle & Brantley client
What We Can Do for You
Studies show that by hiring a disability lawyer, you can dramatically improve your chances of being approved for benefits.
According to recent research, those who did not hire a disability attorney were approved just 34 percent of the time, while those who did hire a disability lawyer were ultimately approved 60 percent of the time.
That’s a significant difference.
The disability claim and appeals process can be time-consuming, complicated, and stressful. When you hire a disability lawyer with experience in Hendersonville NC at Riddle & Brantley, we will navigate the entire process for you, including:
- Obtaining medical records, evaluation reports, and letters of support from your medical providers
- Helping you complete the Initial Application for benefits
- Assisting you in communicating with the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your claim is denied at the Initial level
- Filing a Request for a Hearing if your claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Preparing you for your hearing before the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ)
- Ensuring you receive a second opinion from a qualified and unbiased medical doctor
- Representing you in your hearing and cross-examining witnesses
- Obtaining additional evidence and records requested by the ALJ
- Appealing your case before the Appeals Council if your claim is denied by the ALJ
- Filing a lawsuit in federal court if the Appeals Council also denies your claim
- And much, much more…
We understand how hard it can be to live with a disability and the difference that disability payments can make for you and your loved ones.
We would love to help however we can. You do not need to go through this alone.
For a FREE case review with a disability lawyer serving Hendersonville and surrounding North Carolina, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any upfront costs or attorney fees unless we are successful and you receive the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s discuss your case. We will listen to you, advise you on your legal rights, and if you decide to hire us, we will fight tirelessly for your right to benefits.
Our team is led by Scott Scurfield, a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability who has been recognized by the NC State Bar for his experience and expertise handling these types of cases.
“There is nothing more satisfying that getting our clients the disability benefits they need and deserve.”
–Scott Scurfield, disability lawyer serving Hendersonville NC
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let an experienced disability lawyer serving Hendersonville review your case.
You may be entitled to disability benefits and we would love to help you if we can.
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with disabilities.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.