Jacksonville Brain Injury Attorney
Every year, thousands of new brain injury cases arise out of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, sports impacts, and acts of violence. Those who survive their brain injuries may have to live with repercussions, including permanent physical and mental impairments. If a negligent party caused you or a loved one’s brain injury in Jacksonville, North Carolina, contact an attorney who can help. Riddle & Brantley, is passionate about helping victims with severe and disabling injuries. Request your free consultation today.
Types of Brain Injuries
Negligence can cause traumatic or acquired brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) stem from blows the head, such as the head striking something in a car accident. The most common type of TBI is a concussion. Concussions can be minor to severe, depending on the seriousness of the injury. Acquired brain injuries (ABIs) stem from internal damage, such as something cutting off oxygen to the brain. Types of brain injuries we’ve encountered in our clients include:
- Contusion in the brain
- Coup-contrecoup injuries
- Diffuse axonal injuries
- Penetrating brain injury
- Second impact syndrome
- Shaken baby syndrome
All types of brain injuries are serious and require medical treatment. No two brain injuries are the same. How the injury will affect an individual depends entirely on the person and the type of injury. Some might recover in a few days while others will have to go through lifelong rehabilitation to re-learn how to eat, move, talk, and think. Contact our firm no matter what type of brain injury you have.
Why You Need a Brain Injury Attorney
Most brain injuries are preventable with due care and adequate attention. It is when drivers, employers, product manufacturers, and other parties neglect their duties of care that accidents happen. The North Carolina justice system offers a means for accident victims to recover damages from negligent or criminal at-fault parties. A personal injury claim could result in full compensation for the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Request recovery for past medical expenses, including ambulance fees and hospital stays, as well as future brain injury expenses. These include surgeries, doctor’s appointments, disability-related modifications, and more.
- Pain and suffering
- Brain injuries often have traumatic impacts on victims. Seek monetary awards for your physical pain, emotional suffering, mental anguish, and distress from a brain injury.
- Lost wages
- If you must miss work while you recover, or if you can never return to your previous employment because of your injury, a settlement can reimburse you for lost income.
- Loss of consortium
- If a brain injury left your loved one in a coma, vegetative state, or deceased, seek wrongful death damages from the at-fault party. A family could recover economic and non-economic damages from the loss.
- Property damage
- In accidents such as car crashes, the victim could also fight to recover the costs of property repairs or replacement.
- Permanent Injury
- All accident victims are due compensation for permanent injuries such as paralysis and scarring.
An attorney can make sure an insurance company offers you a fair settlement for an injury as significant as one to the brain. If a settlement offer isn’t good enough, your lawyer has the power to take the insurer to court in pursuit of full recovery.
Sign Up for a Free Case Review
The Jacksonville brain injury attorneys at Riddle & Brantley, are here for you in your time of need. We know all about brain injuries and how to represent these cases in a court of law. It’s our job to help brain injury victims and their family members navigate North Carolina’s civil justice system to their advantage.
If you think you could benefit from our representation, call (910) 455-5599 to start with a free legal consultation. You can also submit our contact form and one of our Jacksonville personal injury lawyers will contact you as soon as possible. A brighter future could be just a phone call away.