Jacksonville Truck Accident Lawyer
When large trucks are involved in collisions with passenger vehicles, the most seriously hurt victims are almost always the occupants of the smaller vehicle. Injuries can be catastrophic, including injuries to the brain, spinal cord, and internal organs. If you or a loved one suffered injuries or died in a truck accident in Jacksonville, North Carolina, call Riddle & Brantley, for a free legal consultation.
Common Causes of Jacksonville Truck Accidents
Commercial trucking accidents should never happen. However, in 2016, Onslow County reported 33 tractor trailer truck accidents. Many different organizations have laws and rules in place that trucking companies and their staff members must follow to help prevent traffic accidents. Unfortunately, not all companies take these requirements seriously. Acts of negligence that could cause a trucking accident include:
- Cutting corners to save money
- Violating safety rules
- Pressuring drivers to meet tight deadlines
- Hiring unqualified drivers
- Failing to properly train drivers
- Neglecting fleet maintenance
- Unsafely securing truck loads
- Distracted driving
Sometimes, it is not the trucking company that causes the wreck, but one of its drivers. According to federal laws, the company will still be liable for accidents their drivers cause. Truck driver distraction, drunkenness, drowsiness, recklessness, or negligence will generally result in trucking company liability.
Your Rights After a Commercial Truck Accident
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Jacksonville, contact our attorneys as soon as you can. The odds are high that you have grounds for a personal injury claim against the trucking company, one of its staff members, a truck parts manufacturer, and/or another party. Seeking compensation through the civil court system could result in a settlement or verdict that covers the following damages:
- Hospital bills and medical costs
- Lost income
- Disability-related expenses
- Property damage
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
It’s important to work with an experienced truck accident lawyer during truck accident claims. Trucking companies have the resources to hire top attorneys to combat personal injury lawsuits. Level the playing field by hiring experienced attorneys of your own. Riddle & Brantley, has more than 160 years of combined legal experience. We have what it takes to help you win your case.
Ways Our Lawyers Can Help
Our Jacksonville personal injury firm focuses on stellar client services. We are passionate about every client we assist. Our goal is to provide effective and knowledgeable legal representation that helps you win your case. It’s not all about the money, however – we also want to give you the comfort and security you need after a devastating truck accident. Our services include:
- Free initial case evaluation. You’ll discuss your case with an attorney and find out if you have grounds for a truck accident claim – for free and with no obligation.
- Investigation of your accident. We have experienced prior law enforcement officers to help us complete an in-depth investigation of your crash. We can also hire accident reconstructionists to help determine the cause of the crash.
- Evidence preservation. Our firm will immediately act to preserve important pieces of evidence, such as a truck’s black box information.
- Settlement negotiation. Trust our skilled negotiators to get the most out of your truck accident insurance settlement.
- Courtroom representation. If a settlement doesn’t deliver the best possible results, we aren’t afraid to file suit or take your case to court in pursuit of full recovery.
Hire attentive, dedicated, and proven attorneys in Jacksonville, NC to help you with your claim. Our long history of successful results speaks for itself. We’ll do whatever it takes on behalf of our clients to help obtain maximum financial compensation.
Call Today for Your Free Legal Review
Call our Jacksonville law office at (800) 525-7111 or submit our online contact form and one of our compassionate Jacksonville personal injury lawyer will get back to you as soon as possible. Initial consultations are complimentary, confidential, and zero-obligation. Find out if you have grounds for a trucking accident case today.