Lexington Disability Lawyer
Do you live in the Lexington NC area and suffer from a disability? We understand what you’re going through. It can be emotionally as well as financially stressful, and Social Security disability payments can help. You may be searching for a Lexington disability lawyer and the NC disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
Our disability lawyers have been serving the Lexington NC area for decades and we would love to help you get the justice and benefits you deserve.
“We believe all North Carolinians with disabilities deserve justice and we are proud to fight for them in seeking disability benefits.”
–Gene Riddle, attorney and managing partner, Riddle & Brantley
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving clients in Lexington NC, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
The consultation is free and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the benefits you need and deserve.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and an experienced disability attorney serving Lexington NC will review your case for free.
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with disabilities.
We are proud to fight for those deserving disability benefits and would love to help you if we can.
Riddle & Brantley’s North Carolina veterans benefits attorneys can also assist our veterans with VA disability claims, as well.
What Our Disability Attorneys Can Do for You
When you hire a disability lawyer at Riddle & Brantley, you not only get an experienced advocate serving Lexington and greater North Carolina, but you’re also supported by an entire team of paralegals and case managers committed to your success.
Our disability lawyers can help manage all aspects of your disability claim or appeal, including:
- Helping you complete an accurate and thorough Initial Application for Benefits and submit it to the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Obtaining medical records, letters of support and evaluation forms from your medical providers
- Helping you respond to requests and correspondence from the SSA
- Arranging a second opinion for you by a qualified and unbiased medical doctor
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your initial application is denied
- Filing a Request for a Hearing with an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if your disability claim is denied at the Reconsideration level by the claim examiner
- Presenting important evidence and cross-examining key witnesses at your hearing before the ALJ
- Responding to requests for additional evidence and documents by the ALJ during your hearing
- Filing an appeal with the Appeals Council if your claim is denied by the ALJ
- Appealing your case before a Federal District Court judge if your claim is also denied by the Appeals Council or not sent back to the ALJ for further consideration
- And much, much more…
There are no guarantees when applying for disability benefits or appealing a denial, but working with a disability lawyer serving Lexington and greater North Carolina can help improve your chances of approval.
You can learn more about your chances of approval at each stage of the disability appeals process on the Riddle & Brantley blog.
For a FREE consultation and case review with an experienced disability lawyer serving clients in Lexington and the greater Winston-Salem area, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also complete the fast and easy online form if you prefer.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and get you the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with a disability attorney serving clients in Lexington and greater Winston-Salem today.
Meet the Disability Team at Riddle & Brantley
Riddle & Brantley’s Social Security disability team is led by Scott Scurfield, an attorney and Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law.
Being a Specialist means that Scott is recognized by the North Carolina State Bar for his competence and experience handling disability cases in North Carolina.
He has passed a rigorous exam and demonstrated significant experience handling these cases. More than 50 percent of Scott’s practice is focused on helping North Carolinians with disabilities.
“I’m passionate about helping North Carolinians with disabilities get the benefits they deserve. It’s about justice.”
–Scott Scurfield, Riddle & Brantley attorney and Board-Certified Specialist
“Do I qualify for disability?”
If you’ve been diagnosed with a qualifying disability and are unable to work as a result, you may be entitled to disability benefits.
The Social Security Administration considers a wide range of criteria in assessing claims, but these five questions are especially important in the process:
- Are you currently earning an income? You are only eligible for disability benefits if you make less than $1,260 per month in wages.
- What is the extent of your disability? The SSA will want to see proof (medical records, evaluation forms, letters of support, etc.) that your disability “significantly interferes” with your ability to work.
- Is your condition included in the SSA’s list of qualifying disabilities? The “Blue Book” is a list of conditions that may qualify you automatically for benefits provided you meet certain other criteria.
- Can you do work that you’ve done before? In order to qualify, you must demonstrate that you are unable to perform work similar to what you’ve done in the past 15 years.
- Can you do a different type of work? If you can’t do the work you’ve done previously, you will also have to demonstrate that you cannot perform another type of work using your “residual functional capacity.”
For a FREE, zero-obligation consultation with an experience disability lawyer serving Lexington NC, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we get you the disability benefits you deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s discuss your case. We will review your claim and advise you on your best legal options.
If you decide to hire us, we will fight tirelessly for you.
“I would recommend Riddle & Brantley to anyone who needs help with disability.”
We believe Justice Counts for people with disability in Lexington and throughout North Carolina.
Please contact us today at 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation.
You don’t have to do this alone. We are here for you and your loved ones.