Durham Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, truck accident, or other motor vehicle accident in Durham involving distracted driving, the Durham distracted driving accident lawyers at Riddle & Brantley can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. North Carolina general statutes such as § 20-137.4A exist to prevent distracted drivers from colliding with other vehicles or pedestrians.
Distracted Driving in Durham and North Carolina
NC is one of the worst states in the country for distracted driving crashes, according to public data.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), in 2018, 19.2% of auto crashes in North Carolina involved distracted driving.
More than 8 percent of all traffic accident deaths in North Carolina in 2018 were caused by distracted driving.
In 2018 in North Carolina, there were:
- 54,046 crashes involving distracted driving
- 121 fatalities involving distracted driving
- 24,178 injuries involving distracted driving
Many of these distracted driving accidents happened in Durham and the greater Triangle area, and the risk to drivers, passengers, and pedestrians is significant.
Injured in an auto accident involving distracted driving? A Durham distracted driving accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley can help. Call (919) 728-1770 today for a FREE consultation and case review.
There is never any obligation and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you in your Durham distracted driving claim or lawsuit.
Please call (919) 728-1770 for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a Durham-area distracted driving accident lawyer today.
Common Forms of Distracted Driving
In today’s technology-focused era, there are many types of distracted driving. Forms of distracted driving may include driving while:
- Texting or using a smartphone
- Talking with other passengers
- Using the navigation system
- Adjusting the radio or stereo system
- Eating or drinking
- Applying makeup or doing hair
- Reading a book or article
- Listening to an audiobook or podcast
- Watching a video
- And more…
There are many other types of distracted driving. If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a distracted driver, you may be entitled to compensation and now is the time to have your claim investigated for free by a Durham distracted driving accident lawyer.
You may be entitled to significant compensation and we would love to help however we can. Our Durham injury attorneys will review your claim and advise you on your best legal options. If you decide to hire us to represent you, we will fight tirelessly for your right to justice and compensation in your distracted driving accident case.
Our Durham wrongful death lawyers are ready to help grieving families seek justice for the loss of loved ones in the most serious cases, as well.
Riddle & Brantley’s Durham disability attorneys and workers’ comp lawyers can help with related claims for compensation, as well.
Please call (919) 728-1770 today and let a Durham distracted driving accident lawyer review your claim.
We understand what you’re going through and you don’t have to do this alone.
Results for Injured Clients in Durham NC
We are proud of the settlements and verdicts our Durham injury lawyers have won on behalf of our deserving clients.
Recent wins include:
- $9,450,000 | Truck Accident & Wrongful Death — A family of four was killed in a tragic truck accident on a busy NC highway and attorneys Kurt Dixon and Gene Riddle jumped in to help the grieving family fight for justice. We organized a thorough accident investigation, obtained map data from Google, and hired outside experts to prove liability. We filed multiple lawsuits and were ultimately able to negotiate a combined settlement of $9.45 million on behalf of surviving loved ones.
- $2,250,000 | Car Accident & Wrongful Death — A woman was killed in a head-on truck accident. Attorney Gene Riddle knew the family personally and aggressively pursued justice, advising defense counsel of his intention to file. We entered mediation where Riddle negotiated a total settlement of $2.25 million on behalf of the deceased’s surviving loved ones.
- $2,000,000 | Tractor-Trailer Accident & Wrongful Death — Attorneys Gene Riddle and Jonathan Smith secured a $2 million settlement after investigating an 18-wheeler accident that ultimately resulted in the death of an older woman. We represented her two surviving sons and tirelessly fought for justice in the case.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
-R. Colley, Riddle & Brantley client
Injured in a Distracted Driving Accident in Durham or the Greater Triangle?
If you’ve been injured due to distracted driving in the Durham area, you deserve justice and our Durham distracted driving accident lawyers would love to help you with your case if we can.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a Durham distracted driving attorney at Riddle & Brantley, please call (919) 728-1770 today.
We work on a contingency basis so there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Please call (919) 728-1770 today and let’s discuss your case in a free, no-obligation consultation. We frequently respond to calls and emails after hours and on weekends, and even have bilingual interpreters on staff to assist Spanish-speaking clients.
For your convenience, 24/7 online chat is available to answer your immediate questions. Free consultations are available by phone, email, text or video conference, and in-person consultations in our Durham office are available by appointment only.
Durham distracted driving attorney Gene Riddle has been recognized by many prestigious organizations such as Super Lawyers, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is the recipient of the 2014 Litigator Award and has earned the AV Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubbell’s top honor for attorneys.
“I would recommend them to anyone. They fought hard for me.”
–Christine W., Riddle & Brantley client
Please call (919) 728-1770 or complete the form below for a FREE consultation regarding your distracted driving accident claim in Durham.
Justice Counts for victims of distracted driving-related accidents in Durham and greater North Carolina, including Raleigh, Goldsboro, Fayetteville and Jacksonville, and we would love to help you and your loved ones if we can.
Call (919) 728-1770 today and let’s talk.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, and the Litigator Award, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.