Fayetteville Wrongful Death Lawyer
Wrongful Death Lawyers Fighting for You
Have you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence? Nothing can make up for the loss of a loved one, but those whose negligence results in death can be held accountable. If you’re considering a wrongful death claim, a wrongful death lawyer at Riddle & Brantley can help.
For more than three decades, our wrongful death lawyers have been fighting to hold those whose negligence results in injury or death accountable. Our attorneys have more than 220+ years of combined legal experience and we are committed to fighting for justice for North Carolinians who have lost loved ones in tragic accidents.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your wrongful death case and you receive compensation for your loss.
Please call (910) 387-9186 today and let’s review your potential claim.
You don’t have to go through this alone.
Our compassionate wrongful death attorneys know what you’re going through and we would love to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve if we can.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
In more than 35 years fighting for justice for those who have lost their loved ones, we’ve represented clients in cases involving all types of wrongful death, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck and tractor-trailer accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Nursing home neglect and accidents
- Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dangerous drug cases
- Slip, trip, and fall cases
- Defective medical devices
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Violent acts or criminal assaults
We strive to treat every client like family. Our compassionate attorneys and staff will listen to you, advise you on your legal options for pursuing a claim, and if you decide to hire us, we will fight tirelessly on behalf of you and your lost loved one.
“Nothing can make up for the loss of a loved one, but we can help hold those responsible accountable and get justice for you and your family.”
-Gene Riddle, managing partner and wrongful death attorney, Riddle & Brantley
“Do I really need a wrongful death lawyer?”
Wrongful death cases can be complex, time-consuming and stressful. You don’t have to do this by yourself. A wrongful death attorney at Riddle & Brantley can manage all aspects of the process, from beginning to end, so you can focus on honoring the memory of your loved one and recovering from your grief.
Our wrongful death lawyers can handle everything necessary for filing your claim, negotiating with defense counsel, and, if necessary, going to trial, including:
- Investigating the accident and determining liability
- Hiring expert witnesses such as accident reconstructionists
- Identifying and interviewing potential witnesses
- Collecting and preserving potential evidence
- Obtaining official police and/or accident reports
- Helping ensure you don’t miss the Statute of Limitations or other important deadlines
- Helping you file a claim with any involved insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit
- Drafting and filing legal briefs and court documents
- Conducting depositions
- Negotiating with the insurance company and/or defense counsel
- Representing you in mediation and/or arbitration proceedings
- Representing you in court hearings and at trial
- And much, much more…
Defendants will frequently do whatever they can to deny liability and avoid paying damages. An experienced wrongful death lawyer can fight for you and improve the chances that you obtain justice for you and your lost loved one.
Results for Victims of Negligence and Their Families
In more than three decades, our wrongful death attorneys have achieved significant victories in court and through negotiations with defense counsel and insurance companies, including:
- $9,450,000 | Wrongful Death & Tractor-Trailer Accident — Our attorneys fought for justice for surviving loved ones of a family of four that was killed on a busy North Carolina highway, not far from Fayetteville. We organized a comprehensive accident investigation and brought in expert witnesses and even subpoenaed Google Maps in order to prove liability. We filed lawsuits against multiple parties and ultimately negotiated more than $9 million in total compensation for the family.
- $3,000,000 | Nursing Home Negligence & Wrongful Death — When our client died as a result of contracting Hepatitis B due to the negligent mishandling of medical equipment, we fought for justice for surviving loved ones. Attorney Donald Dunn successfully litigated the case against the nursing home, obtaining a verdict in Wayne County Superior Court in the amount of $3 million in damages.
- $2,250,000 | Wrongful Death & Truck Accident — Managing partner Gene Riddle represented the surviving loved ones of a man who was killed instantly in a major truck accident when a tractor-trailer crossed the center line and hit him head-on. Attorney Riddle partnered with Raleigh-based attorney David Kirby, organized a thorough crash scene investigation and ultimately negotiated a total settlement of $2.25 million on behalf of surviving family.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
Have you lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence? Our wrongful death lawyers would love to help you seek justice if we can.
Nothing can ever make up for your loss, but we can help you fight for justice.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation for your loss.
Our attorneys are available for in-person consultation in Fayetteville by appointment only, and we have convenient locations in nearby Raleigh and Goldsboro. We’ll even come to you if it’s more convenient.
Justice Counts for those who’ve lost a loved one due to another person or company’s negligence.