Goldsboro Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident?
If so, you may be entitled to compensation if the accident was due to another’s negligence. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley can help.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley, call (919) 778-9700 or complete the convenient and easy form below.
There is never any obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and recover compensation for you.
Call (919) 778-9700 today and let’s review your claim.
“Riddle & Brantley found me all the available money from the insurance companies.”
–Dave Howard, Riddle & Brantley client
Results for Victims of Motorcycle Accidents in North Carolina
In more than three decades serving the people of Goldsboro and greater North Carolina, our personal injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our injured clients (see disclaimer below), including:
- $1,000,000 — Our client was a passenger on a motorcycle when the driver lost control in an S-curve. She was thrown from the bike and suffered serious injuries, including brain damage. We proved liability on the part of the driver and successfully recovered $1,000,000 in total compensation on behalf of the injured victim.
- $1,000,000 — A driver was charged when he ran a stop sign in Goldsboro and collided with our client, who was riding a motorcycle. Our client was thrown 15 feet from the bike and suffered serious injuries. We helped ensure that justice was served by securing a $1,000,000 settlement on the motorcycle rider’s behalf.
- $300,000 — Our client was hit while pulling his motorcycle onto a busy North Carolina highway. We investigated the accident and proved liability in the T-bone accident, ultimately securing $300,000 in total compensation on behalf of the victim.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
–R. Colley, Riddle & Brantley client
For a FREE consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney, please call (919) 778-9700.
We also handle injury cases in nearby Fayetteville, Greenville, Kinston, and Raleigh. Call (919) 778-9700 for a free consultation by phone, email, text or video conference. We can even come directly to you if you prefer, but no in-person meeting is required to get started on your case.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
In more than 35 years handling motorcycle accident cases in Goldsboro and greater NC, our motorcycle accident lawyers have handled claims involving all types of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Cuts, scrapes, and contusions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain bleeds (hemorrhages)
- Back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Loss of limbs (amputations)
- Paralysis and semi-paralysis
- “Road rash”
When injuries suffered in motorcycles result in long-term disability, our disability attorneys can help pursue these claims and appeals.
In the most heartbreaking cases, our wrongful death lawyers can help surviving family members fight for justice for lost loved ones.
How Can Contributory Negligence Impact My Claim?
A North Carolina motorist who caused a motorcycle accident will likely argue that the rider was also negligent. Therefore, they (the rider) cannot recover damages because of the state’s contributory negligence rules. If that motorist can satisfy their burden of proving even a small amount of contributory negligence, the rider may be barred from collecting any compensation.
However, we anticipate that defendants will claim contributory negligence in every motorcycle accident lawsuit. We use all available evidence to refute it. The millions of dollars in damages we have recovered for our injured motorcycle accident clients testify to our ability to defeat contributory negligence arguments (see disclaimer below).
Challenging Contributory Negligence Claims in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Our personal injury attorneys understand the culture of riding, and we use that knowledge to challenge a negligent motorist’s contributory negligence claim. We analyze the evidence in every accident to show that the rider was operating their bike safely and intelligently.
That evidence might include the following:
- Police reports and eyewitness testimony that assigns blame on the negligent motorist.
- Proof that the injured rider was wearing conspicuous clothing.
- Accident reconstruction analysis showing how the accident occurred.
- Verification that the rider took steps to alert a driver of their presence or to avoid the accident.
- Maintenance and repair records showing that the rider’s bike was in good operating condition with working brakes, safe tires, and effective lighting and electrical systems.
- The biker’s riding history that shows few or no accidents or safety violations.
- The rider was on a bike that was appropriate for the conditions and matched their riding skills.
- Motorcycle safety training certificates earned by the rider.
The Burden of Proof and Contributory Negligence
As noted, in North Carolina, a negligent driver who argues that a rider’s negligence contributed to a motorcycle accident bears the burden of proof. This means that the driver must show that the preponderance of the evidence supports their claim, and it is more likely than not that the rider’s negligence contributed to the accident. A skillful motorcycle accident attorney will rebut the negligent driver’s arguments with contrary evidence.
When you need to retain a lawyer to help you recover the compensation you deserve, ask them how they will respond to an affirmative defense of contributory negligence. When you choose Riddle & Brantley, we will always assess how this might impact your motorcycle accident lawsuit and how the evidence in your case might be used to overcome that defense.
“What can a motorcycle accident lawyer do for me?”
The aftermath of a motorcycle wreck can be traumatic, challenging, and financially burdensome for victims and their loved ones. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can handle all aspects of your injury claim.
An injury attorney can:
- Oversee a thorough accident investigation to prove liability
- Hire outside experts such as accident reconstructionists to support your claim
- Identify and interview potential witnesses
- Prepare you for statements to the insurance company
- Obtain the official accident report from law enforcement
- Negotiate with defense counsel and the insurance company
- Collect medical records and letters of support from doctors
- Connect you with trusted medical providers
- Represent you in mediation and/or arbitration
- File a lawsuit if necessary
- Conduct depositions
- Represent you in court hearings
- Draft and file legal briefs and court documents
- Represent you at trial
- Set up trusts and guardianships to ensure long-term care
- And much, much more…
Let us help however we can.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, please call (919) 778-9700.
The consultation is free and we don’t get paid unless you do. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you won’t pay any attorney fees.
Justice Counts for those injured in motorcycle accidents due to others’ negligence and we would love to help you and your loved ones get the compensation you deserve.
Call (919) 778-9700 today and let’s review your claim.
“They turned a heartbreaking situation completely around.”
–Tonya Taylor, Riddle & Brantley client
Award-Winning Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Goldsboro, NC
Riddle & Brantley’s attorneys have more than 220+ years of combined legal experience, and have recovered more than $600 million in total compensation in the last 20 years alone (see disclaimer below).
Our attorneys have been honored with membership in some of the legal community’s most prestigious organizations (see disclaimer below), including:
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyers
Founding partner Gene Riddle and Adam Smith also have been recognized with the AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the organization’s highest rating for attorneys. Gene was also honored with the 2014 Litigator Award in recognition of his experience and results (see disclaimer below).
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, call (919) 778-9700 now to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
Don’t wait — the longer you wait to contact an attorney, the harder it may be to win your case and recover the compensation you need and deserve.
Call (919) 778-9700today and let’s review your case. You may be entitled to compensation and we would love to help however we can.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.
This Page has been updated on 10/31/2023