Greensboro Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Drunk driving can have serious and even deadly consequences, and Greensboro is no exception.
Drunk driving accidents can result in physical pain, financial hardship, and emotional trauma — and damages awarded in a personal injury claim or lawsuit can help put you on the road to recovery.
Damages Available in a Drunk Driving Accident Claim
If you’ve been injured in a drunk driving accident in Greensboro, you may be entitled to different types of damages (compensation), depending on the unique facts and circumstances of your case.
Potential damages available in a Greensboro drunk driving accident claim include:
- Medical Bills — You may be entitled to compensation to pay for expensive medical treatments, doctor’s visits, medications, surgeries, in-home care, medical equipment, and more.
- Lost Wages — You may be forced to take time off work on a temporary basis due to your injuries, and these damages can help make up for your lost income.
- Loss of Future Income — If your drunk driving accident prevents you from returning to work, these damages can help make up for your lost future earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering — These damages can help compensate you for emotional damage or other non-economic losses, including permanent scarring or disfigurement, loss of consortium (sexual activity and companionship with a spouse) and more.
- Punitive Damages — In certain drunk driving accident cases, a jury may also award punitive financial damages, which are intended to punish the at-fault driver and discourage similar behavior in the future.
“How Do I File a Drunk Driving Accident Claim?”
You can file a claim for drunk driving accident injuries or distracted driving accident injuries on your own, but an experienced Greensboro drunk driving accident attorney can help handle all aspects of your claim or lawsuit. At Riddle & Brantley, a Greensboro drunk driving accident lawyer can manage your entire claim from start to finish, ensuring that you can focus on what’s most important — your recovery, quality of life, and well-being.
Beware Insurance Company “Tricks”
To file a drunk driving accident injury claim, you’ll need to contact the insurance company. Keep in mind that insurance companies are focused on paying as little on claims as possible, and they will often go to extreme lengths to deny liability and reduce the amount they have to pay. We strongly recommend that you talk with an experienced Greensboro drunk driving accident lawyer before giving any recorded statements to the insurance company.
You aren’t required to hire an attorney to help with your Greensboro drunk driving accident injury case, but research has shown that hiring a personal injury lawyer can increase your compensation by roughly 300 percent on average.
Drunk Driving Victim Lawyer in Greensboro NC
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a drunk driver, you deserve justice — and a Greensboro personal injury attorney at Riddle & Brantley can help.
The consultation is free and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Since 1985, our Greensboro car accident lawyers have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our deserving clients, and we’d love to help you however we can (see disclaimer below).
“They turned a heartbreaking situation completely around.”
–Tonya T., Riddle & Brantley client
We believe Justice Counts for all North Carolinians. Let our devoted car accident injury lawyers handle your claim, so you can focus on your recovery. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, and we don’t get paid unless we win your case.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.