Greensboro Truck Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a truck or tractor-trailer accident in Greensboro or elsewhere in North Carolina? You may be looking for a truck accident lawyer.
Riddle & Brantley’s truck accident attorneys have been serving clients throughout North Carolina for more than three decades. Together, our Greensboro injury lawyers have more than 220+ years of collective legal experience, and we’d love to help if we can.
We believe ALL North Carolinians deserve justice.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a truck accident? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Call an experienced truck accident lawyer today.
There is no obligation, and if you decide to hire us there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Truck Accidents in Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina is a fast-growing city surrounded by some of the state’s busiest interstates and highways. I-40, I-85, I-840, I-73 and I-74 all converge in and around the city and are heavily trafficked by trucks and tractor-trailers.
Size, weight and speed make trucks and especially tractor-trailers very dangerous, and these accidents can result in serious injury and even death.
Common truck accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cuts, scrapes and contusions
- Head injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Hand injuries
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Loss of limbs (amputations)
- Emotional injury such as PTSD
- And more…
In rare but tragic cases, a wrongful death attorney can also assist surviving family members seek justice for the loss of their loved ones.
Causes of Truck Accidents
As noted, Greensboro, N.C., is a busy hub of intersecting highways, which can contribute to a truck accident. Because of their size, trucks have blind spots and, as a result, reduced visibility for other vehicles, which can result in dangerous collisions. It can be challenging for motorists to safely change lanes and exit the highway. Truck accidents include pile-ups, underrides, and rollovers. In addition, trucks have a high center of gravity, which makes them hard to control in poor driving conditions.
Many factors contribute to truck accidents, including the following:
- Driving under the influence dramatically slows reaction time
- Driver fatigue is almost as dangerous as driving drunk
- Distracted drivers are paying more attention to their phones than the road
- Poor weather conditions, such as slick roads and poor visibility
- Improperly loaded cargo can cause shifts and spills
- Poor road conditions, such as debris or potholes
- Failure to check for blind spots can cause underride accidents
- Inexperienced drivers may not correctly handle changing road conditions
- Following too close, given current road conditions, limits the driver’s ability to brake in time
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) found that truck accidents often have multiple causes, some of which can begin before the crash, for example, inadequate driver training, maintenance, and manufacturing negligence. Other causes can include a tire blowout or inclement weather. Experts rarely conclude that crashes are the result of a single factor.
FMCSA also cites fatigue, speeding, and being under the influence as common significant factors in accidents. These three factors, as well as other drivers and environmental conditions, can increase the risk.
Compassionate Attorneys Fighting for Justice
Truck accidents can happen in the blink of an eye and the consequences can be life-changing. Our injury attorneys have experience handling all types of truck and tractor-trailer injury claims and lawsuits, and we are ready to help if we can.
Our priority is you.
We strive to do what we can to make the entire process as stress-free as possible for you, so you can focus on what’s most important: your recovery.
The aftermath of a truck crash can be very difficult for victims and their loved ones, but you don’t have to go through it alone.
There is never any obligation and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case.
At Riddle & Brantley, our attorneys, case managers and paralegals can handle all aspects of your truck accident claim or lawsuit, including:
- Crash scene investigation and reconstruction
- Evidence collection and preservation
- Coordinating with law enforcement
- Preparing you for official statements to the insurance company
- Interviewing witnesses
- Conducting depositions
- Negotiation with defense counsel
- Negotiation with insurance companies
- Mediation and/or arbitration
- Setting up guardianships and trusts
- And much, much more
Our truck accident lawyers are even assisted by on-staff investigators. These seasoned professionals have law enforcement backgrounds and are experienced with truck and tractor-trailer investigations.
When necessary, we’ll even hire expert witnesses for accident reconstruction to help determine liability.
Remember, because we work on a contingency fee basis, there is no attorney fee unless we win your case.
Justice for Truck and Tractor-Trailer Accident Victims in North Carolina
Riddle & Brantley attorneys have been fighting for injured victims of truck accidents for decades. We’re proud of the results we’ve achieved for deserving North Carolinians, including:
- $5,450,000 | Tractor-Trailer Accident — Our attorneys represented the surviving loved ones of a family of four who was tragically killed in a major crash involving a tractor-trailer. After organizing an extensive investigation to determine liability, we filed a lawsuit and the parties agreed to mediation, where we secured a total settlement of $5.45 million. Litigation against an involved pavement marking company is still pending.
- $2,000,000 | Tractor-Trailer Accident — Managing partner Gene Riddle handled a matter in which the victim ultimately died from injuries suffered in a serious accident involving an 18-wheeler. Our firm hired experts to determine liability and after months of negotiations led by Smith, obtained a total settlement of $2 million for the victim’s surviving sons.
- $225,000 | Truck Accident — Our client suffered a head contusion and multiple fractures when a tractor-trailer failed to yield to the right of way, resulting in a serious collision. After the Defendant denied liability, Riddle & Brantley filed a lawsuit on the victim’s behalf and ultimately settled the claim for $225,000.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
For more on settlements and judgments obtained by Riddle & Brantley, please visit our case results page.
Injured in a truck accident?
If you’ve been hurt in a truck or tractor-trailer accident in the area or elsewhere in the Triad, consider a truck accident attorney at Riddle & Brantley.
Riddle & Brantley’s truck accident lawyers have experience representing clients in the Greensboro area and we are committed to fighting for justice for all North Carolinians.
There is never any obligation, and if you decide to hire us there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and recover financial compensation for you.
Truck accidents can be truly devastating. If you’re injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve an advocate that will fight for you every step of the way.
Please contact us for a free case review. We’ll listen to you, determine whether or not you have a potential claim or lawsuit, and advise you on your legal options.
We’ve been helping clients in the city and elsewhere in North Carolina for more than three decades.
We would love to help you if we can.