Kinston Bicycle Accident Attorney
Kinston Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a bicycle accident in Kinston? You may be entitled to compensation if someone else’s negligence was responsible for the accident, and our Kinston bicycle accident lawyers are ready to help.
Since 1985, our attorneys have been holding negligent parties accountable, and we’ve handled many bike accident cases throughout North Carolina, including in Kinston. We can serve you in-person at our convenient Kinston office, or by phone, email, text, or video conference from anywhere.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced Kinston bike accident lawyer, please call (252) 397-8624 or complete the fast and convenient form below.
There is never any obligation, there are no upfront costs, and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
*Meetings at our Kinston office are available by appointment only.
Bicycle Accidents in North Carolina
Bike accidents are unfortunately common throughout our state. The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) reports that in 2019, there were 907 bicycle accidents, including 60 involving serious injury and 19 resulting in death.
In Kinston, there were 8 reported bicycle accidents, one of which resulted in serious injury, according to NCDOT.
Common Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
The consequences of a bicycle accident — particularly those involving a motor vehicle — can be devastating. In some cases, injuries may require lifelong treatment.
Common bicycle accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and contusions
- Shoulder injuries
- Crush injuries
- Hand injuries
- Loss of limbs (amputations)
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- “Road rash”
- Emotional trauma such as PTSD
In the most tragic cases, bicycle accidents can result in death. In these cases, a North Carolina wrongful death attorney can help surviving loved ones fight for justice.
We will review your case, advise you on your best available legal options, and if you decide to hire us, fight tirelessly for your right to compensation.
Call (252) 397-8624 and let’s talk.
What to Do After a Bike Accident
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident in Kinston or elsewhere in North Carolina, follow these tips to protect your health and safety, as well as your legal rights.
- Call 911 — Immediately call 911 and report the accident.
- Seek Medical Attention — Seek medical attention for any injuries you may have suffered. Remember, sometimes injuries may not be apparent right away (this is often the case for head and brain injurie), and it is important to get the proper diagnostic testing done right away. Follow the recommendations of the first responders on the scene.
- Take Photos — Document the accident with photos. Be sure to get pictures of the crash scene, including debris, skid marks, vehicle and bike damage, road markings, etc. You’ll also want to take photos of any injuries.
- Talk with Potential Witnesses — Get the contact information for any witnesses, as their testimony may be important in a potential injury claim or lawsuit.
- Call the Insurance Company — Contact the insurance company but do NOT give a recorded statement to the adjuster without first talking with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer.
- Consult with an Attorney — Talk with an experienced Kinston bicycle accident attorney to protect your legal rights and help determine how to file an injury claim or lawsuit. Your attorney can help organize a comprehensive accident investigation to prove fault in your case.
Call a Kinston Bicycle Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
At Riddle & Brantley, an experienced Kinston bicycle accident lawyer is ready to help you and your loved ones. Call (252) 397-8624 and let’s review your case.
We strive to treat every client like family and will do our best to help you get the justice you deserve. Since 1985, we’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our deserving clients.
“You’ll walk in the door as a client and leave as family. They’re the absolute best.”
–Susan S., Riddle & Brantley client
Don’t wait — the longer you wait to contact a North Carolina bicycle accident lawyer, the harder it may be to win your case and get you the compensation you deserve.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.