Rear-End Collision Lawyer in Kinston
Injured in a rear-end accident in Kinston, North Carolina? Rear end collisions are the most common type of auto accident, but the impact can be devastating. If you’ve been injured, a Kinston rear end accident lawyer can help you get the justice you deserve.
Rear-End Collision Accidents in Kinston
Rear end crashes are common on the roadways of North Carolina. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 29 percent of all auto accidents are rear-end collisions. Based on the North Carolina Department of Transportation’s reporting, that means that approximately 124 of 429 total accidents in Kinston in 2019 were rear-end accidents.
Causes of Rear End Collisions
There are many common causes of rear end accidents. In more than 35 years serving the people of North Carolina, our Kinston car accident lawyers have handled cases involving all types of rear end accidents, including those caused by:
- Distracted Driving — Drivers who are texting and driving, or are otherwise distracted, may not see the vehicle in front slow down or stop, causing a rear-end accident.
- Tailgating — Following a vehicle too closely dramatically increases the risk of a rear-end accident.
- Speeding — When a vehicle is traveling at an excessive speed, it can be difficult to slow down or come to stop, which often contributes to rear-end accidents.
- Drunk Driving — Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can significantly slow driver response time, often leading to rear end collisions when the vehicle in front suddenly brakes or stops.
- Bad Weather — Wet or icy roads can make stopping difficult, often resulting in rear-end collisions.
- Mechanical Failure — When brakes go out (or when brakes are worn and improperly maintained), a rear-end accident may result as the vehicle’s stopping time is extended.
Damages Available in Rear-End Accident Cases
If you’ve been injured in a rear-end accident, a Kinston personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages, otherwise known as compensation for your injuries and other losses. There are many types of damages that may be available in a claim or lawsuit stemming from a rear end auto accident, including:
- Medical Bills — Compensation is generally available in personal injury claims to reimburse the victim for medical costs, including expenses related to ambulance transportation, hospital bills, doctors’ visits, medications, diagnostic tests, surgeries, physical therapy, home medical care, medical equipment, and more.
- Lost Wages — You may also be entitled to compensation to make up for lost wages if your treatment and recovery require taking time off work.
- Loss of Future Income — If your injuries are severe enough that you cannot return to your previous job, you may also qualify for compensation to make up for the loss of future earning potential.
- Pain and Suffering — Compensation may also be available for “non-economic” damages, including emotional injury, loss of consortium (e.g. loss of companionship and/or sexual relations with a spouse), or permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- Punitive Damages — In rare cases in which the at-fault party is found to have engaged in “willful and wanton” conduct qualifying as “gross negligence,” a jury may award punitive damages intended to discourage similar behavior in the future.
We believe Justice Counts and are determined to help our clients get maximum compensation for their injuries and other damages.
The consultation is free and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Don’t wait — we’re ready to help however we can.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.