“What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?”
The aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming. You may have suffered serious physical injuries, and may be dealing with emotional trauma. In the days and weeks after the accident, you may be faced with medical treatments and face expensive medical bills. Sometimes, injuries result in missed work and lost wages. In other cases, motorcycle accidents can lead to long-term disability.
In more than 35 years serving injury victims in North Carolina, our motorcycle accident lawyers have learned firsthand: what you do immediately after a motorcycle accident can dramatically impact your health, as well as the strength of any potential injury claim for compensation.
IMPORTANT: If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, please call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with an experienced North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyer about your claim. You may be entitled to compensation and we would love to help however we can. There are no upfront costs and absolutely no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
“What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?”
In order to protect your health and legal rights, we recommend you follow these tips after a motorcycle accident:
- Seek Medical Attention — If you’ve been injured, seek immediate medical attention. Follow the instructions and recommendations of emergency first responders, and go to the hospital if necessary. In many cases, your injuries may not be apparent immediately after the motorcycle accident, but it’s still important to seek diagnosis and treatment in order to protect your health and strengthen your case if you decide to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Get Drivers’ Information — Talk with the drivers involved in the accident and get their contact and insurance information. Do NOT apologize or admit fault, even if you think you may have contributed to the accident.
- Get Witness Contact Information — Talk with potential witnesses and get their names, phone numbers, and email addresses so you can follow up with them. Their testimony may prove invaluable in supporting your potential motorcycle accident claim.
- Take Pictures and Video — Document the crash scene with photos and videos. If you are injured and can’t take photos and video, have a bystander do this for you. This evidence may be critical in proving liability. Things to document include vehicle damage, skid marks, debris, road markings and signage, and any injuries you’ve suffered.
- Talk with Law Enforcement — Talk with the responding police officer or state trooper. Be open and honest, but do not admit fault, even if you think you may have contributed to the accident. Remember, anything you say can and will be used against you.
- File an Insurance Claim — Contact the responsible driver’s insurance company and file an injury claim. The adjuster may try to get you to admit fault. Do not apologize or admit fault. Insurance companies sometimes use “tricks” to deny liability. An experienced North Carolina personal injury lawyer can help prepare you for statements to the insurance company and make sure your rights are protected.
- Obtain the Official Accident Report — Contact law enforcement and obtain the official accident report. Your motorcycle accident lawyer can also help you obtain this report. In some cases, a report will contain errors that can be disputed by your attorney. In either case, the accident report is a critical piece of evidence in any injury claim or lawsuit.
- Follow the Doctor’s Treatment Plan — If you’ve been injured and your doctor has recommended treatment, comply with the treatment plan. Following medical guidance is important if you decide to pursue an injury claim or lawsuit.
- Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer — You’re not required to hire an attorney to help pursue your injury claim, but research shows that those who are represented by a personal injury lawyer receive roughly 3.5X more compensation than those who represent themselves.
If you’ve been injured in a North Carolina motorcycle accident, call 1-800-525-7111 today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced injury attorney.
We will review your case and advise you on your legal options. If you decide to hire us, we will fight aggressively for your right to compensation and justice.
Because we work on a contingency basis, there are no upfront costs and the consultation is free. We don’t get paid unless you do — if we don’t recover compensation for you in your motorcycle accident case, you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees. That’s our promise to you.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
What you do after a motorcycle accident can greatly affect the outcome of your personal injury claim.
Speak with a knowledgeable North Carolina motorcycle accident attorney today. Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s talk.
In cases in which an accident results in long-term disability, our Social Security disability lawyers can assist with these claims, as well.
Why Riddle & Brantley?
Since 1985, our attorneys have represented hundreds of motorcycle accident injury victims in North Carolina. Our personal injury lawyers have more than 220+ years of combined legal experience and we are ready to fight for you however we can.
Recent wins include:
- $1,050,000 — Our client was a passenger on a motorcycle when the driver lost control in an S-curve and she was thrown off, suffering serious injuries. We proved the driver was negligent and secured a $1.05 million settlement with the insurance company. Attorney Gene Riddle handled the matter.
- $1,000,000 — Our client was thrown 15 feet from his motorcycle and suffered serious injuries after a vehicle failed to stop and ran into him. His injuries required multiple surgeries. We recovered $1,000,000 in total compensation, representing the limits of the policy at issue.
- $300,000 — We represented a motorcycle rider who was severely injured when a truck t-boned him while he was pulling out of a driveway. We aggressively pursued justice and obtained a $300,000, which was the maximum compensation available under the insurance policy.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
“Riddle & Brantley found all the available money from the insurance companies.”
–David Howard, Riddle & Brantley client
Please call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s talk.