Winston-Salem Personal Injury Lawyers
Experienced and Trusted Winston-Salem Personal Injury Attorneys
If you’ve been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may need an experienced Winston-Salem personal injury lawyer to help you get the justice you deserve. At Riddle & Brantley, our Winston-Salem injury attorneys have more than 225 years of combined legal experience and are ready to help.
For a FREE, no-obligation case review with a personal injury lawyer in Winston-Salem, call 1-336-516-9042 or complete the fast and easy form below. There are no upfront costs — and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Riddle & Brantley Personal Injury Lawyers in Winston-Salem
615 Saint George Square Ct.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Hours of Operation*
Monday — 7:00 AM-11:00 PM
Tuesday — 7:00 AM-11:00 PM
Wednesday — 7:00 AM-11:00 PM
Thursday — 7:00 AM-11:00 PM
Friday — 7:00 AM-11:00 PM
Saturday — 8:00 AM-10:00 PM
Sunday — 8:00 AM-10:00 PM
*Please note that during these hours, our intake team is available to answer phone calls, however, in-person meetings at our Winston-Salem office are available by appointment only.
Since 2000 alone, our Winston-Salem injury lawyers have recovered over $700 million in compensation for our valued clients (see disclaimer below) and we are ready to help. Call 1-336-516-9042 today and let’s review your claim.
We are available for in-person consultations by appointment only at our convenient Winston-Salem office, or we can meet anywhere, anytime by phone, email, text, or video conference. We can even come directly to you if it’s more convenient. We also have bilingual interpreters on staff for the convenience of our Spanish-speaking clients.
“You’ll walk in the front door as a client but leave as family. They’re the absolute best.”
–Susan S., Riddle & Brantley client
Injury Cases We Handle in Winston-Salem, NC
Since 1980, Riddle & Brantley’s Winston-Salem personal injury attorneys have been handling all types of accident claims in central North Carolina. In fact, attorney Gene Riddle attended Wake Forest University School of Law and is very familiar with the area.
Our injury lawyers routinely handle the following types of claims in Winston-Salem and across North Carolina:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Workplace injuries (workers’ comp claims)
- Social Security disability appeals
- Product liability
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure
- Wrongful death
- Veterans disability
How We Can Help
An accident can result in serious injury, lengthy treatment, expensive medical bills, and stress. At Riddle & Brantley, it’s our goal to help you get maximum compensation, so you can focus on regaining your quality of life. An experienced Winston-Salem personal injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley can handle your injury claim from start to finish, including:
- Investigating the accident
- Hiring accident reconstructionists
- Collecting and retaining evidence
- Interviewing potential witnesses
- Obtaining surveillance footage
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Obtaining the accident report from law enforcement
- Recommending trusted medical providers
- Representing you in mediation and/or arbitration proceedings
- Conducting depositions
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary
- Arguing your case in front of a jury
- Filing court briefs and other legal documents
- Setting up trusts and/or guardianships for long-term care
Having a lawyer handle your injury claim will enable you to focus on your recovery, as they will take on the burden of investigating the accident, dealing with insurance companies, and advocating for maximum compensation. Call 1-336-516-9042 for a FREE, no-obligation case review.
What to Do After an Accident
If you’ve been injured in an accident in the Winston-Salem area, take the following steps to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights:
- Call 911 and seek medical attention immediately. Your health and safety are the first priority, and medical treatment and records will play an important role in any potential personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Collect information from all parties involved, such as contact information, vehicle identification numbers, and insurance details. Also get contact information for any potential witnesses who may be able to testify on your behalf.
- Do NOT give a recorded statement to the insurance company, at least before talking with a Winston-Salem injury lawyer.
- Take photos of the scene and any damage to cars or property that occurred during the accident. Include photos of skid marks, debris, road signage, etc. Also, be sure to take photos documenting any injuries you or other companions have suffered.
- Talk with a Winston-Salem personal injury attorney right away. At Riddle & Brantley, our attorneys and investigators can get to work right away investigating your case and protecting your legal rights.
Remember, in North Carolina, you are not required to hire an injury attorney after an accident, but research shows that those who do recover over 3 times more compensation on average than those who represent themselves.
What Kind of Compensation is Available in an Injury Claim?
In North Carolina, there are various types of compensation available for victims of injury due to others’ negligence. These “damages” include:
- Medical expenses: Damages are available for victims of injury to reimburse them for medical expenses, including doctor visits, hospital stays, ambulance services, surgeries, lab tests, medications, and more.
- Lost wages: These damages help reimburse the victim for wages lost due to missed work as a result of your injury.
- Loss of future income: If your injury prevents you from returning to work (or returning to your current job), you may qualify for compensation to make up for the loss of future earning potential.
- Pain and suffering: This is a type of compensation for physical pain and emotional suffering caused by the accident. It can also cover damages such as permanent scarring.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded by a judge or jury to “punish” the defendant and discourage similar behavior in the future. In North Carolina, punitive damages are only available in cases in which the at-fault party demonstrated “gross negligence.”
Call Today for a FREE Case Review
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact Riddle & Brantley for a FREE case review with an experienced Winston-Salem personal injury lawyer. Call 1-336-516-9042 today and let’s review your claim. There are no upfront costs — and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Don’t wait to contact an experienced Winston-Salem personal injury lawyer — time is limited, and the sooner you contact Riddle & Brantley, the sooner we can investigate the case, protect your legal rights, and help you seek maximum compensation.
Why Riddle & Brantley for Your Winston-Salem Injury Case?
In nearly four decades of serving the people of Winston-Salem and the Piedmont Triad, Riddle & Brantley has recovered over $700 million in compensation for our deserving clients (see disclaimer below). We’ve also been recognized by many prestigious membership organizations and awards for our experience and results (see disclaimer below), including:
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- The National Association for Distinguished Counsel
- The Litigator Award
“Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.”
–Tyronnie T., Riddle & Brantley client
We’re proud of the settlements and verdicts we’ve secured for our clients, including:
- $9.45 Million | Tractor-Trailer Accident & Wrongful Death — Riddle & Brantley attorneys secured $9,450,000 in total compensation for the surviving relatives of a family of four who were tragically killed in a tractor-trailer wreck on a busy North Carolina highway. Nothing can ever make up for the loss of loved ones, but we were pleased to have helped survivors get justice in this case.
- $2.9 Million | Motorcycle Accident — Attorneys Darren Dawson and Gene Riddle represented a motorcyclist who suffered serious injuries, including a spinal cord injury, when he was hit by a passenger vehicle. We took the case to mediation, where we secured $2,900,000 for the client.
- $2.25 Million | Truck Accident & Wrongful Death — Attorney Gene Riddle partnered with attorney David Kirby at the Kirby Edwards law firm in Raleigh, NC, to secure $2,250,000 for the surviving family of a young woman who was killed when a truck crossed the center line, colliding with her vehicle. After advising defense counsel of our intent to file a lawsuit, the claim settled at mediation.
- $1.62 Million | Pedestrian Accident — In a tragic pedestrian accident case, Riddle & Brantley’s Winston-Salem injury attorneys secured $1,625,000 for our client, who suffered serious injuries when she was hit by a car while crossing a busy road on foot. We successfully argued that the defendant had the last clear chance to avoid the accident and failed to do so. The case was settled at mediation.
- $1.5 Million | Personal Injury — We represented a worker who was injured on the job when his employer cut a tree limb that struck him in the head. Our client suffered a partial skull fracture and traumatic brain injury. The employer did not have workers’ comp insurance coverage, so we filed a lawsuit, ultimately securing a judgment in the amount of $1,500,000.
We are ready to help however we can. Call 1-336-516-9042 and let’s review your claim. Remember, there are no upfront costs and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Winston-Salem Courthouse Information
If we need to file a lawsuit on your behalf, your claim will be handled in the District Court or Superior Court of North Carolina. In Winston-Salem, trials are held at the Forsyth County Courthouse at 200 N Main St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
Justice Counts. Contact a personal injury lawyer in Winston-Salem at Riddle & Brantley today by calling 1-336-516-9042 or filling out the fast and easy form below.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers “Rising Star” designation, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent designation by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.