Winston-Salem Workers Comp Lawyer
Have you been injured while on the job? You may be looking for a work injury lawyer.
If so, consider a Riddle & Brantley workers’ compensation lawyer.
Contacting a workers’ comp attorney in Winston-Salem right after experiencing a work-related injury is important in preserving your rights. The aftermath of an accident can be disheartening, but immediate legal support can simplify the path forward. The Wilmington work injury lawyers at Riddle & Brantley have a comprehensive understanding of North Carolina’s workers’ comp laws, ensuring your claim is diligently filed and within the critical timeframes. It’s our priority to handle your claim efficiently so that you can focus on your recovery.
Our workers’ comp attorneys are dedicated to their field, and we even have two Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialists on staff. These are lawyers who have been recognized by the NC Bar Association for their experience and proficiency in work injury cases.
Our connection to Winston-Salem is personal.
Founding partner Gene Riddle graduated from the Wake Forest School of Law in 1985 and has been representing clients in the area and throughout North Carolina ever since.
Together, Riddle & Brantley’s workers’ comp, personal injury, and Social Security Disability attorneys have more than 220+ years of combined legal experience fighting for justice for North Carolinians.
We can handle all aspects of workers’ compensation cases related to all types of workplace injuries, including:
- Back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Head injuries
- Cuts and contusions
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Hand and limb injuries
- Crush injuries
- Illness resulting from exposure to dangerous chemicals
- Mesothelioma and other disease resulting from asbestos exposure
- Respiratory diseases
We say Justice Counts and believe that ALL people are entitled to equal protection under the law.
Justice for Winston-Salem and North Carolina
If you’re injured on the job, you do have legal rights under North Carolina law, and an experienced work injury lawyer can help advise on your best legal options.
We’ve been helping clients in Winston-Salem, the greater Triad, and across North Carolina for more than three decades.
“We’re proud to fight for justice on behalf of injured workers across North Carolina.” -Gene Riddle
Our attorneys have experience helping all types of clients with their workers’ comp claims, including:
- Construction workers
- Law enforcement officers
- Firefighters, EMTs and other first responders
- Truck drivers
- Utility workers
- Agricultural workers
- Factory workers
- Doctors, nurses and medical staff
- Government employees
- Warehouse workers
- Office employees
- And more…
If you’ve been injured while on the job, you deserve justice and may be entitled to financial compensation. We would love to consult with you on your workers’ compensation claim and advise on your potential legal options.
We also handle wrongful death cases for surviving family members and Social Security disability cases for those no longer able to work.
We can also fight for justice for those injured at work due to employer negligence.
Our North Carolina product liability and mass torts attorneys can also represent you if you’re injured by defective consumer products, medical devices, or dangerous chemicals.
Riddle & Brantley Results
Every case is different and we cannot guarantee any specific outcome. However, we are proud of the results Riddle & Brantley attorneys have won for injured workers across North Carolina, including:
- $2,475,000 — Our client was a welder who fell from a platform and sustained a traumatic, disabling head injury. Attorneys Gene Riddle, Christopher Brantley and Jonathan Smith went to work for him and his family, setting up a Guardianship and negotiating with insurance carrier for a total settlement of $2.475 million. Following the settlement we also assisted with setting up two trusts to ensure continuous, long-term care for the victim.
- $1,800,000 — Managing partner Gene Riddle fought for justice for a truck driver who was injured in a serious head-on motor vehicle accident while on the job. Our client ultimately lost his left leg below the knee. Riddle negotiated settlements with both the workers’ compensation insurance company and the carrier for the other vehicle involved, obtaining a total settlement of $1,800,000.
- $829,000 — Partner Christopher Brantley represented a cell tower company employee who was left semi-paralyzed after being struck by a falling tree while on the job. A damages estimate and future cost analysis were prepared, and a settlement was negotiated.
- $125,000 — Our client, a warehouse worker, suffered a serious foot injury in a forklift accident. When the workers’ comp insurance company tried to cut off his benefits, we intervened, immediately requesting a hearing with the NC Industrial Commission (NCIC). The NCIC issued a favorable verdict for our client, after which we were able to secure $125,000 in compensation in a negotiated settlement with defense counsel.
Settlements and judgments are not the only sign of our success, however. Check out what Riddle & Brantley clients are saying about working with our firm:
Do I really need a work injury lawyer?
The simple answer is no, North Carolina law does not require you to hire an attorney in order to file a workers’ compensation claim.
However, work injury cases can be complex, time-consuming and stressful. If you’re serious about obtaining the best possible compensation for your injury, you may want to consider hiring a work injury lawyer.
One of our Board-Certified Workers’ Comp Specialists can handle all aspects of your injury case, and make sure that:
- You receive a settlement that is fair and not undervalued
- You don’t waive your rights or accept a settlement offer that is less than full value
- You don’t miss critical deadlines, or fail to file to pursue your claim within the statutes of limitations
- Your employer and workers’ compensation insurance carrier are notified of your claim using Form 18
- The North Carolina Industrial Commission receives and accepts your formal claim (Form 18)
- Your medical bills are paid in a timely manner and you avoid collections
- Communications between the insurance adjuster and case manager and your doctors are appropriate
- The insurance company approves all necessary tests, medical procedures and prescriptions in a timely manner
- You receive any necessary transportation to and from your medical appointments
- You get a qualified second opinion from an unbiased doctor
- You’re not forced back to work in a position created only to avoid paying you disability
- And much, much more…
When you hire a work injury lawyer from Riddle & Brantley, you’ll get an experienced advocate for your case and also staff that work tirelessly behind-the-scenes to get you the justice and compensation you deserve.
Do you have a Workers’ Compensation claim?
If you’ve been injured at work — whether driving a truck, on a construction site, on the factory floor, at the office or somewhere else — you may be entitled to workers’ compensation.
A work injury lawyer can help.
At Riddle & Brantley, our North Carolina injury attorneys have been helping victims throughout the state since 1985. We know the law and know what it takes to get our clients justice.
We have two Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation law on staff, and would be happy to review your case and advise on your best legal options.
If you decide to hire us for your case, there is no upfront cost and no attorney fee unless we win and you receive financial compensation.
If you’ve been injured while on the job, please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free consultation.
We would love to help if we can.