Mint Hill Disability Lawyer
Living with a disability can be extremely challenging. Social Security disability benefits can help decrease the financial burden and emotional stress on you and your loved ones. If you’re thinking of applying for disability benefits — or you’ve been denied — you may be seeking a Mint Hill disability lawyer.
The disability lawyers at Riddle & Brantley have been serving clients across North Carolina, including many in Mint Hill, for decades.
We understand what you’re going through and would love to help if we can.
Our disability law team is led by Scott Scurfield, a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability. Scott has been practicing law for more than two decades and is recognized by the NC State Bar for his proficiency and experience handling disability cases.
For a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability serving the Mint Hill NC area, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
The consultation is free, 100% confidential and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s discuss your case.
“I would recommend Riddle & Brantley to anyone who needs help with disability.”
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with Disabilities
Riddle & Brantley attorneys have nearly 200 years of combined legal experience fighting for justice for North Carolinians. We’ve served clients across the state — including many in the Mint Hill area — for more than three decades.
Our disability lawyers are familiar with the Mint Hill area and greater Charlotte. Many of our attorneys including managing partner Gene Riddle have close family ties to the Charlotte area, and we’re proud to serve local residents.
We know disability law and we’re experienced navigating the system.
Statistics show that those who hire a disability lawyer are more likely to be approved for benefits. In fact, according to a recent study, 60 percent of those who did hire a disability attorney were ultimately approved for benefits, but just 34 percent of those who did not hire an attorney were ultimately approved.
That’s a significant difference.
Social Security disability benefits can make living with a disabling condition much less stressful.
A disability lawyer with experience serving clients in Mint Hill and greater Charlotte can help increase the chances that you get the benefits you deserve.
What can a disability lawyer actually do?
You’re not required to hire an attorney to represent you in seeking disability benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Applying for disability benefits or appealing a denial can be extremely complicated, stressful and time-consuming.
A Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer can manage all aspects of the claims process from beginning to end, including but not limited to:
- Helping you complete the Initial Application for Social Security disability benefits
- Coordinating the collection of medical records, evaluation forms and letters from your doctors and other health providers
- Helping you manage communications and respond to requests from the Social Security Administration
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your initial disability claim is denied
- Requesting a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (“ALJ”)
- Arguing your case in front of the ALJ at your hearing
- Cross-examining witnesses at your hearing
- Ensuring that you receive a second opinion from a qualified, unbiased doctor
- Appealing your case before the Appeals Council if the ALJ denies your disability claim
- Filing a lawsuit in federal court if necessary to pursue your right to benefits
- And much, much more…
You don’t have to go through this alone, and if you decide to hire a Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer, we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE case review with a disability lawyer helping clients in Mint Hill and greater Charlotte.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we successfully argue your case and you are approved for disability benefits.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today or complete the fast and easy online form.
“I don’t know where I would be without Riddle & Brantley.”
Do I qualify for Social Security disability payments?
Applying for Social Security disability can be complicated, and there are no guarantees. A disability lawyer with experience in Mint Hill and greater Charlotte can help.
A disability attorney can walk you through the process the SSA uses to determine eligibility, including these 5 important questions:
- Are you currently earning an income? The SSA considers whether or not you are currently working. In order to qualify for disability, you must be earning less than $1,260 in wages per month.
- What is the extent of your disability? In order to qualify for disability, you must be able to demonstrate that your condition significantly interferes with your ability to work.
- Is your disability on the “Blue Book” list of qualifying impairments? The SSA has a list — often called the “Blue Book” — of conditions that automatically qualify an individual for disability, provided he or she meets certain other eligibility criteria.
- Can you do work that you’ve done previously? The SSA will also want to consider whether or not you are capable of performing work similar to what you’ve done in the past 15 years.
- Can you do a different type of work? If you’re unable to perform similar work to what you’ve done previously, the SSA will consider whether or not you can do a different type of work with what is called your “residual functional capacity.”
Our Riddle & Brantley Social Security disability lawyers can walk you through the ins and outs of applying for benefits (or appealing a denial).
For a FREE consultation please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we get you the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
If you suffer from a disability and are unable to work, you may qualify for Social Security disability assistance and we may be able to help.
A Bar-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability at Riddle & Brantley is ready to talk with you today.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s see how we can help.