New Bern Work Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured at work in New Bern? If so, you may have a workers’ compensation claim, and you may be searching for a New Bern work injury lawyer.
Riddle & Brantley law firm is familiar with New Bern and the surrounding areas. Together our attorneys have nearly 200 years of combined legal experience fighting for injured North Carolinians.
We are here to help.
For a FREE consultation with a work injury lawyer with experience helping clients in New Bern and eastern North Carolina, call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also fill in the short form below if you prefer.
The consultation is free, there is no obligation, and if you decide to hire us you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Workers’ compensation claims can be complex.
When you’re injured on the job you may want to consult with a work injury lawyer with experience helping clients in the New Bern area.
With a convenient office location in nearby Jacksonville, Riddle & Brantley has been helping injured workers in New Bern and throughout North Carolina for more than three decades.
We even have two Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation law on staff. These are attorneys recognized by the North Carolina State Bar for their experience and expertise in handling work injury cases.
For a free case review with an experienced work injury attorney, call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
Justice for New Bern
Located in Craven county, New Bern is a beautiful waterfront city near the North Carolina coast. New Bern was originally settled in 1710 by Swiss and German immigrants who named it Bern after the capital of Switzerland. The city is known as the birthplace of Pepsi-Cola.
Riddle & Brantley law firm is familiar with New Bern and the surrounding areas. If you live in New Bern, you may have been injured at work and are looking for a work injury lawyer who cares about you and your family.
We would love to help you if we can.
“We’re committed to justice for all North Carolinians and have been serving injured workers in New Bern and eastern North Carolina for decades.” -Gene Riddle
Is it hard to file a workers’ compensation claim?
In the state of North Carolina, workers can file for workers’ compensation coverage after being injured in a workplace accident. Worker’s compensation provides benefits to injured workers by paying medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for permanent injuries.
Yet the unfortunate reality is this:
When a person is seriously injured while working, the employer doesn’t always go out of their way to provide for the injured worker and their loved ones during recovery.
More than that, insurance companies sometimes deny these claims.
A workers’ compensation claim can be difficult to file, and in many cases, the employer’s insurance company may simply deny the claim. The insurance company may not be looking out for your best interest. They will sometimes try to save as much money as possible and find any loophole in order to deny your claim.
Common Workplace Injuries
Our attorneys handle work injury claims resulting from all kinds of workplace accidents and injuries, including:
- Slips and falls
- Injuries resulting from lifting, pushing or other actions, such as broken bones, torn ligaments, torn rotator cuffs or herniated disks
- Cold/heat stress or burns
- Head injuries such as concussions or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) from falls or falling objects
- Hearing loss or damage
- Sickness from exposure to toxins, including occupational diseases like mesothelioma
- Tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive motion injuries
- Injuries to the back, spinal cord, shoulder, eyes, neck, knees, hip, ankles, wrists, feet, hands and respiratory organs
For a FREE consultation with a workers’ compensation attorney, call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
Riddle & Brantley’s work injury lawyers represent injured workers in New Bern and across North Carolina.
Our attorneys are passionate about helping people and it shows.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.” -R. Colley
The insurance companies have lawyers working on their side and so should you. Riddle & Brantley law firm can help level the playing field by working hard for you.
We build trust by delivering results.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today for a free consultation.
If you are injured on the job, you may be entitled to benefits as well as a portion of your wages. This is true even if you are at fault, according to North Carolina workers’ compensation rules.
Your employer and the insurance company may not be on your side when you are injured while working. Let one of Riddle & Brantley’s workers’ compensation lawyers help protect your interests.
Should I hire a worker’s compensation lawyer, or can I handle my own case?
If you have been injured or become ill on the job in the New Bern area, you may be wondering if you need to hire a work injury lawyer.
The answer will depend on the severity and complexity of your injury as well as the actions of your employer and their insurance company.
North Carolina law does not require you to hire a lawyer to represent you in filing a workers’ compensation claim, but you may want to consider hiring one if:
- Your employer denies your claim or will not pay your benefits promptly
- Your employer’s offer for settlement does not cover all your medical bills as well as past and future lost wages
- Your medical problems prevent you from returning to work doing your prior job or prevent you from performing any work at all
- You plan to apply for Social Security disability benefits
- Your employer retaliates against you for filing for worker’s compensation
- You were injured because of a third party or your employer’s serious misconduct
To speak with a workers’ compensation attorney experienced helping injured workers in New Bern, call 1-800-525-7111 today.
Our goal at Riddle & Brantley is to make the entire workers’ compensation claim process as easy and stress-free as possible for you so you can focus on recovering from your injuries and reclaiming your quality of life.
We’re proud of the results we’ve obtained for injured workers in the New Bern area and across North Carolina, including:
- $2.47 Million | Workers’ Compensation — Attorneys Gene Riddle, Christopher Brantley and Jonathan Smith represented a construction company welder who suffered a disabling head injury after falling from a platform. After several mediations, a total settlement of $2,475,000 was secured and we helped establish two trusts and a guardianship for long-term care.
- $1.8 Million | Workers’ Compensation / Truck Accident — When a truck driver was hit head-on while on the job, he suffered extensive injuries including the eventual loss of his left leg below the knee. Attorney Gene Riddle represented our client, ultimately negotiating settlements with both the workers’ comp carrier and the defendant third party’s truck insurance company, totaling $1,800,000.
- $786,000 | Workers’ Compensation — When a law enforcement employee suffered a disabling spinal cord injury, attorney Gene Riddle helped fight for workers’ compensation. Riddle negotiated a settlement totaling $786,000 which included a provision for Medicare Set Aside, future medical treatment and lifetime annuity payments.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
Have you been injured on the job?
If you’ve been injured while at work in New Bern or elsewhere in eastern North Carolina, you may be searching for a New Bern work injury attorney.
Riddle & Brantley has been representing injured workers in North Carolina for decades and may be able to help.
For a FREE consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is no obligation and there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
We have convenient offices in nearby Jacksonville and can even come to you if it’s more convenient.
We often respond to phone calls and emails after hours and on weekends, and bilingual translators are available to assist our Spanish-speaking clients, as well.
All injured workers deserve justice.
Call 1-800-525-7111 for a free case review today.
We would love to help if we can.