Investigating Truck Accidents in North Carolina
Truck accident cases can be extremely complex, and a comprehensive truck accident investigation is often required in order to determine liability and understand what exactly happened. At Riddle & Brantley, we have a team of investigators on staff who can respond immediately and get to work investigating a truck accident.
In this article, we’ll map out exactly what goes into a North Carolina truck accident investigation and why it’s critical that victims injured in a truck or tractor-trailer accident contact a personal injury attorney right away.
IMPORTANT: If you’ve been injured in a North Carolina truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. For a FREE consultation with an experienced North Carolina truck accident lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and convenient form below. There is never any obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
What’s Involved in a Truck Accident Investigation
There is often a tremendous amount of evidence in a truck accident, and a truck accident investigation is generally required in order to determine who is at fault.
In many cases, truck accidents result in catastrophic injury or even death, which means that these cases can result in significant medical bills, and be very expensive for insurance companies.
Both sides are incentivized to conduct a thorough truck accident investigation in order to support their case. Insurance companies and defense counsel will often dispute liability, and they will often go to extreme lengths to avoid paying on a claim. While the plaintiff’s attorney will generally conduct a thorough investigation, the insurance company will typically organize its own investigation, as well.
Evidence in a truck accident case may include:
- Skid marks
- Vehicle and property damage
- Witness testimony
- Expert witness testimony from accident reconstructionists or trucking safety experts
- Road signage and markings
- Photographs documenting the crash scene and injuries
- Dash cam footage
- Security camera and other video footage
- The official accident report from law enforcement
- Data from the truck’s black box data recorder
- Truck driver employment records
- Truck maintenance records
- Traffic data from map apps like Google Maps
- GPS location data
- And much, much more…
Accident Investigation Experts
At Riddle & Brantley, we have an on-staff team of accident investigators who can help lead an initial investigation into a North Carolina truck accident. Many of our investigators are former law enforcement officers with significant experience handling truck accident cases.
Our accident investigators can manage all aspects of the initial truck accident investigation, including:
- Identifying and preserving evidence at the crash scene
- Documenting evidence with photographs and video
- Obtaining dash cam or security camera footage
- Obtaining the official accident report from law enforcement
- Identifying and interviewing potential witnesses
- Obtaining medical records and bills
- Obtaining information from the black box data recorder
- Determining if the trucking company has any trucking safety violations
- Determining if the truck driver has any trucking safety violations
- And much more…
Truck Accident Expert Witnesses
In some cases, complex truck accident investigations require the expertise and experience of expert witnesses.
Riddle & Brantley’s North Carolina truck accident lawyers often bring in expert witnesses to assist in investigating truck crash scenes and determining liability. These experts may include accident reconstructionists and federal trucking safety experts, who can advise on the rules and regulations that truck drivers and truck companies are required to follow on the roadways of North Carolina and the United States.
Why Hire an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer?
The aftermath of a truck accident can be frightening, stressful, and overwhelming. There are often expensive medical bills to pay, statements to be made to the insurance company, evidence to be collected, and more.
An experienced North Carolina truck accident lawyer can help manage all aspects of your injury claim or lawsuit, from the initial truck accident investigation, all the way to settlement or verdict.
At Riddle & Brantley, our NC truck accident attorneys have more than 225 years of combined legal experience and we are committed to seeking justice for our deserving clients.
We’ve secured millions of dollars in compensation for clients injured in North Carolina truck accidents (see disclaimer below), including:
- $1.9 Million | Truck and Pedestrian Accident — Our client was hit by a cement truck while walking across a parking lot. Attorney and partner Gene Riddle and late partner Gene Jenkins led a comprehensive truck accident investigation, bringing in an accident reconstructionist to prove fault in the case. Based on the results of that investigation, we were able to recover $1.9 million in total compensation for the injured victim.
- $9.45 Million | Tractor-Trailer Accident & Wrongful Death — Attorneys Gene Riddle and Kurt Dixon fought for justice after a family of four was killed in a tractor-trailer accident on a busy North Carolina highway. We organized a thorough investigation, even subpoenaing evidence from Google Maps to prove liability. Multiple lawsuits were filed and we were able to secure $9.45 million in total compensation through separate settlements.
- $2 Million | Truck Accident & Wrongful Death — Attorney Gene Riddle represented the estate and surviving sons of an elderly woman who ultimately succumbed to injuries sustained when she was hit by an 18-wheeler. We brought in truck accident expert witness to help strengthen our case and secured $2 million in total compensation for our clients.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
–R. Colley, Riddle & Brantley client
Have You Been Injured in Truck Accident?
If you’ve suffered injury in a North Carolina truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation and our experienced NC truck accident lawyers are ready to help.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
Because we work on a contingency basis, there are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
“Riddle & Brantley found me all the available money from the insurance companies.”
–David Howard, Riddle & Brantley client
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim. We can put our experienced accident investigators to work right away and lead a thorough truck accident investigation to determine the facts and circumstances of your case.
If we determine that the truck driver, the trucking company, or another party is at fault in your accident and you decide to hire us, we will fight tirelessly for your right to justice, even taking your case to trial if we have to.
Don’t wait — the longer you wait to start a truck accident investigation, the harder it may be to prove liability and win your case. Don’t gamble with the potential compensation you may be entitled to. Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.