What Are Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease Potentially Caused by Paraquat?
Paraquat may cause Parkinson’s disease, and many potentially exposed to this dangerous herbicide may be wondering, “What are the symptoms of Parkinson’s potentially caused by Paraquat?”
In this article, we’ll provide a brief overview of Parkinson’s disease symptoms, as well as what victims can do to seek justice and potential compensation for Parkinson’s disease potentially caused by Paraquat.
IMPORTANT: If you’ve suffered from Parkinson’s disease or are experiencing symptoms of Parkinson’s disease after exposure to Paraquat, you may qualify for a Paraquat lawsuit and be entitled to significant financial compensation. For a FREE, no-obligation consultation to help determine your eligibility and best available legal options, please call 1-800-525-7111.
What is Parkinson’s Disease?
Parkinson’s disease is a neurological disorder that affects movement, often causing tremors. A progressive nervous system disorder, Parkinson’s disease often begins gradually, with symptoms worsening over time.
There is no cure for Parkinson’s disease, however, medication may significantly improve symptoms and quality of life. Additionally, surgery may be recommended to regulate certain parts of the brain in order to lessen symptoms of Parkinson’s.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease Possibly Due to Paraquat
According to the Mayo Clinic, symptoms of Parkinson’s disease (including Parkinson’s potentially caused by exposure to Paraquat herbicide) may vary widely by individual. “Early signs may be mild and go unnoticed,” and Parkinson’s disease often affect one side of the body more than the other.
Parkinson’s disease symptoms include:
- Tremor — Shaking in the limbs, often beginning in the hands or fingers, is a very common symptom of Parkinson’s. Rubbing of the thumb and forefinger is also common, and is known as “pill-rolling tremor.” The hands and fingers may tremble when at rest.
- Bradykinesia (slow movement) — Parkinson’s disease may slow a patient’s movement, often complicating otherwise simple tasks.
- Rigidity — Muscles rigidity (muscle stiffness) may increase due to Parkinson’s disease, and can potentially be painful and cause soreness.
- Impaired posture and balance — Victims of Parkinson’s may have trouble balancing, and posture may gradually become stooped due to the disease.
- Loss of unconscious movements — Automatic, unconscious movements may no longer occur due to Parkinson’s disease, often significantly impacting everyday life. Some of the movements affected may include swinging of arms, blinking, and smiling. In the early onset of Parkinson’s disease, the face may show little or no expression.
- Speech changes — Speech may be slowed or slurred. Inflection may also be lost, resulting in monotone speech.
- Trouble writing — Those with Parkinson’s may have trouble writing, and handwriting may appear small and difficult to decipher.
Keep in mind that symptoms of Parkinson’s disease vary widely by individual and this list is not exhaustive.
IMPORTANT: If you’re experiencing symptoms of Parkinson’s disease after exposure to Paraquat or otherwise, consult with a doctor immediately. There is currently no cure for Parkinson’s disease, but medication and surgery can potentially alleviate symptoms and improve quality of life.
“I’ve experienced symptoms of Parkinson’s after Paraquat exposure. What should I do?”
If you’ve experienced symptoms of Parkinson’s disease after exposure to Paraquat herbicide, or you’ve already been diagnosed after exposure, you may be entitled to compensation.
It is alleged that manufacturers of Paraquat brands like Syngenta and Chevron may have known about the health risks and failed to warn the public. These companies are potentially liable for Paraquat-linked Parkinson’s disease and our product liability attorneys are actively investigating these claims and we are ready to help you fight for justice however we can.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced Paraquat lawsuit attorney, please call 1-800-525-7111.
Those potentially exposed to Paraquat include:
- Farm workers and farm owners
- Herbicide applicators, including those using “backpack” / hand-held sprayers and those operating tractors equipped to spray Paraquat
- Property owners living adjacent to fields where Paraquat was sprayed (potentially exposed by overspray, drift, or runoff)
- Rural schoolchildren who attended schools located adjacent to farms using Paraquat
If you’re unsure if you were exposed to Paraquat, we can help investigate your claim and determine your potential eligibility.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s review your claim.
Since 1985, our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims of negligence, including more than $600 millions in compensation since 2000 alone (see disclaimer below).
Our attorneys, led by Gene Riddle, have been recognized by many prestigious organizations and memberships based on our experience and results (see disclaimer below), including but not limited to:
- Super Lawyers (Gene Riddle, Adam Smith)
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 (Gene Riddle)
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel (Gene Riddle)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Gene Riddle)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (Gene Riddle, Chris Brantley, Darren Dawson)
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (Gene Riddle, Adam Smith)
- The Litigator Award (Gene Riddle)
“They turned a heartbreaking situation completely around.”
–Tonya T., Riddle & Brantley client
Please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the quick and easy form below for a FREE consultation with an experienced Paraquat lawyer.
There is never any obligation and you won’t pay ANY attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s review your claim.
Justice Counts for those who have suffered Parkinson’s disease symptoms potentially due to Paraquat exposure and we are ready to fight for you however we can.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.