Shelby Disability Lawyer
Are you living with a disability and unable to work? You may qualify for Social Security disability benefits and you might be searching for a Shelby disability lawyer.
Riddle & Brantley’s disability lawyers have experience serving clients in the Shelby area and greater Charlotte and would love to help if we can.
For a FREE consultation and case review with a disability lawyer serving Shelby NC, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also complete the fast and easy form below if you prefer.
There is never any obligation and you won’t pay attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Our compassionate attorneys understand what you’re going through.
You don’t have to do this alone.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
“Do I really need a disability lawyer?”
If you want to improve your chances of getting approved for disability benefits, you should consider hiring a disability lawyer with experience in Shelby and greater Charlotte.
Statistics show that while just 34 percent of those who do not hire an attorney are ultimately approved for benefits, those that do hire a disability attorney are approved 60 percent of the time on average.
That’s a big difference — you don’t want to gamble with these potentially life-changing benefits.
A Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer with experience in Shelby can help manage all aspects of your claim or appeal, including:
- Helping you fill out and submit your Initial Application for benefits
- Advising you on communications with the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your initial application is denied
- Collecting and submitting important medical records from your medical providers
- Requesting and submitting evaluation forms and letters of support from your doctors
- Helping you receive an unbiased second opinion from a qualified doctor
- Filing for a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if your claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Obtaining and submitting any forms or documents requested by the ALJ in your hearing
- Cross-examining witnesses at your hearing
- Requesting an appeal by the Appeals Council if the ALJ denies your claim
- Filing a lawsuit in federal court if your appeal continues to be unjustly denied
- Filing a lawsuit in federal appeals court if the federal court rules against you
- And more…
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer helping clients in Shelby NC, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is never any obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we successfully obtain Social Security disability benefits for you.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s discuss your case and see how we can help.
Have you been denied by the SSA previously?
If you’ve been denied for Social Security disability benefits, you’re not alone. In fact, roughly 70 percent of initial disability claims are denied.
Do not be discouraged. There are many options for appealing an initial denial, including:
- Reconsideration — This is the first step in the appeals process. A different Claim Examiner will review your claim and decide whether or not to overturn the denial. While only about 13 percent of denials are overruled at this stage, don’t worry — you’re not out of options.
- Hearing — At the Hearing level, an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) will be presented with the evidence and documentation supporting your claim and make a decision on your case. Roughly 47 percent of claims at the Hearing level are approved.
- Appeals Council — If your claim is denied at the Hearing level, you can file an appeal with the Appeals Council. While it is rare that the Appeals Council reverses a decision by the ALJ, it will sometimes (about 9 percent of the time) send claims back to the ALJ based on potential errors or other circumstances that it uncovers.
- Federal Court — If a claim continues to be unjustly denied, you can work with a disability lawyer to file a lawsuit in federal court. While the federal courts only reverse a denial about 2 percent of the time, they often (just under half the time) send cases back to the ALJ for additional review.
- Appeals Court — If your claim is denied in federal district court, your disability attorney may file an appeal in the federal Circuit Court of Appeals. However, this is very, very rare.
Need help appealing a denial?
Please call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with a disability attorney serving clients in Shelby and elsewhere in North Carolina.
The consultation is FREE and there is no obligation and there are no attorney fees unless we successfully obtain benefits for you.
Call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below and let’s review your case.
Compassionate Disability Lawyers Serving North Carolina
It is an honor to serve North Carolinians with disabilities.
We’re humbled to represent deserving North Carolinians in Shelby, greater Charlotte and elsewhere throughout the state.
“We’ll never stop fighting for North Carolinians with disabilities.”
-Gene Riddle, managing partner
In addition to our record of successful claims and appeals, we are especially proud of the way our clients talk about their experience working with Riddle & Brantley:
- “I would recommend Riddle & Brantley to anyone who needs help with disability.” -B. Fields
- “It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.” –R. Colley
- “I would not have won my case without the help of my team at Riddle & Brantley.” -John
Looking for a Disability Lawyer in Shelby NC?
If you’re looking for a Shelby NC disability lawyer, we invite you to consider the North Carolina disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley.
We have been serving clients throughout the state for more than 30 years, and we’re tireless advocates for the rights of North Carolinians with disabilities.
You may qualify for Social Security disability benefits, and we may be able to help you get approved by the SSA — no matter if you’re applying for the first time or need to appeal a previous denial.
For a FREE, no-obligation case review with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability familiar with Shelby and greater Charlotte, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the benefits you need and deserve.
Let us earn your trust by delivering results.