Lyft and Uber Assault Lawyer in North Carolina
Have you been injured in an Uber assault by an Uber or Lyft driver? Or are you an Uber or Lyft driver that has been assaulted by a passenger?
Our North Carolina Uber assault attorneys can help investigate your case and advise you on your legal options. You may be able to file an Uber assault lawsuit — and you may be entitled to significant financial compensation for your assault or sexual assault.
Uber and Lyft assault lawsuits are increasingly common as more Americans use rideshare services for transportation. These services are especially popular in North Carolina cities like Raleigh and Durham. Even smaller cities like Goldsboro even have Lyft and Uber service.
If you’ve suffered physical or emotional injuries in an Uber assault or sexual assault, you deserve justice and you may be entitled to compensation.
Our North Carolina Uber accident lawyers would love to help if we can.
What to Do If You Are Injured in an Uber Assault
If you’ve been hurt in an Uber assault or violent incident involving Lyft or another rideshare service, you do have legal options — this is true for Uber passengers and drivers alike.
In order to stay safe and protect your legal rights, follow these tips after your Uber assault:
- Find a safe place — As soon as you can, seek shelter in a safe place. If possible, find a place where you can lock the door. Consider calling a friend or family member and staying on the phone with them until you are safe and law enforcement and medical responders arrive.
- Call 911 — Dial 911 immediately. It is critical that law enforcement get involved and that you receive the medical attention you need for any injuries suffered in a Lyft or Uber assault.
- Seek medical attention — If you’ve been injured in the assault, seek medical attention immediately. You may be injured even if you don’t feel like it. Internal injuries in assault cases are relatively common, and you may have also suffered a concussion or other head or brain injury. Follow the instructions of medical first responders and go to the hospital immediately if you are hurt.
- Talk with the police and file a report — Talk with law enforcement after the assault. Be honest and accurate. The police report will be very important if you decide to make a health insurance claim, press criminal charges, or file a civil suit against the Lyft or Uber driver or passenger.
- Report the incident to Uber or Lyft — If you’ve been assaulted by a rideshare company driver (or you are a driver who has been assaulted by a passenger), report the incident to Lyft or Uber as soon as possible. Document all communications with the rideshare company.
- Talk with an Uber lawyer or sexual assault attorney — If you’ve been physically assaulted or sexually assaulted by an Uber or Lyft driver, or you are a driver who has been assaulted by a passenger, talk with an Uber lawyer or sexual assault lawyer once you are safe. An attorney can review your case, advise you on your legal options, and if you decide to hire them, pursue the justice and compensation you deserve.
Uber Assault and Sexual Assault Lawyers in North Carolina
At Riddle & Brantley, our Lyft and Uber assault lawyers and sexual assault attorneys have been fighting for justice for victims of physical and sexual assault since 1985.
We’ve won many significant settlements and judgments on behalf of our deserving clients, including:
- $5,000,000 | Sexual Assault & Constitutional Rights Violation — Attorney Gene Riddle fought for justice for female inmates who were forced to have sex against their will with a sheriff’s deputy. Filing a lawsuit on the womens’ behalf, attorney Riddle ultimately secured a verdict totaling $5 million in compensation.
- $750,000 | Sexual Assault — Our client was an inmate at a North Carolina correctional facility who was allegedly sexually assaulted by a prison guard. Attorney Gene Riddle filed a lawsuit and won a $750,000 verdict which was ultimately reduced to $150,000 by an appellate panel.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
If you’ve been assaulted by an Uber driver or Lyft driver — or if you are a rideshare driver who has been assaulted by a passenger — the Uber accident attorneys at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
For a FREE and 100% confidential consultation with an experienced Lyft and Uber assault lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and easy form below.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation for your injuries.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case. We would love to help you get justice if we can.
Riddle & Brantley’s legal team is led by Gene Riddle, an accomplished lawyer who has been honored as a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He is the recipient of the 2014 Litigator Award and maintains a prestigious AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell (see disclaimer below).
“If you’ve suffered assault or sexual assault in an Uber or Lyft incident, you deserve justice and we would love to help however we can.”
-Gene Riddle, managing partner and attorney, Riddle & Brantley
We can consult with you for free, evaluate your case, and if you decide to hire us, we will fight tirelessly for your right to justice and compensation.
For a FREE, 100% confidential case review with an Uber assault or sexual assault lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There are never any upfront costs and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you.
Justice Counts for those injured in physical and sexual assaults by Uber and Lyft drivers or passengers.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case. You deserve justice and you may be entitled to significant financial compensation.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, and the Litigator Award, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.