Wilson Disability Lawyer
Do you live in Wilson, North Carolina and believe you need a Wilson disability lawyer, or have you been denied Social Security disability benefits?
We understand what you’re going through.
The financial and emotional toll of living with a disability can be extremely challenging. You can’t work and have no income. Most of our social security disability clients are in the same boat. We are here to help you navigate the federal disability laws and obtain your well-deserved benefits.
Sometimes North Carolinians with disabilities struggle to keep up with expensive medical bills, or even put food on the table.
You don’t have to do this alone.
If you’re considering hiring a Wilson disability lawyer, the experienced North Carolina disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help. We have been helping people with disabilities in the Wilson area and all over North Carolina for over 30 years.
Our team is led by a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law and we know how to navigate the Social Security Administration’s complex application and appeals processes.
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer experienced in helping Wilson clients, call us at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is never any upfront fee or obligation — and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we successfully obtain Social Security disability benefits for you.
A Board-Certified Specialist in Your Corner
Our SSD team includes a North Carolina State Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law with experience serving clients in the Wilson NC area.
Attorney Scott Scurfield has been practicing law for more than 30 years and has passed a rigorous certification process established by the NC State Bar. As a Board-Certified Specialist, Scott has been recognized for his experience and expertise advocating for disability claimants.
Fighting for Our Veterans
If you’re an honorably discharged veterans, Riddle & Brantley thanks you for your service and we can also handle your veteran’s disability claims.
Our North Carolina veterans benefits attorneys may be able to help you establish, or even increase, your VA disability rating.
Whether you’re applying for disability for the first time or need to appeal a denial, please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving clients in Wilson NC.
You can also complete the short form below if you prefer.
As always, there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
Why hire a disability attorney serving clients in Wilson, North Carolina?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the process of applying for disability benefits or appealing a denial, we understand.
The Social Security Administration does not make it easy. The process can be complicated and time-consuming, not to mention stressful.
A disability lawyer experienced helping people with disabilities in Wilson and elsewhere in North Carolina can handle all aspects of your application or appeal, including:
- Assisting in filing your application for SSD benefits
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if you are initially denied
- Assisting you in handling communications with the SSA
- Filing a Request for Hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if your claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Collecting treatment records and letters of support from your doctors and medical providers
- Seeking Residual Functional Capacity evaluation forms to support your application or appeal
- Helping obtain a second opinion from a qualified and unbiased doctor
- Cross-examining witnesses at your hearing with the ALJ
- Arguing the merits of your claim before the judge
- Gathering any records requested during your hearing
- Appealing your case to the Appeals Council if a judge denies your disability claims
- Filing a lawsuit in federal court if your benefits are unjustly denied
- And much more…
We’ve helped hundreds of clients successfully obtain disability benefits and are honored by their words:
For a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security disability, please call 1-800-525-7111.
We know how challenging it can be to provide for yourself and your loved ones while managing a disability. Our attorneys have experience serving North Carolinians with disabilities across the state including many in the Wilson NC area.
The consultation is 100% confidential and there is no obligation. If you decide to hire us, there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we get you the benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
Were you already turned down for disability benefits?
Usually, people who apply for disability benefits are turned down at least twice, at the initial application phase and again during the reconsideration phase. This is just part of the process.
If you’ve been denied disability benefits by the SSA, don’t be discouraged.
You may still have a valid case for appeal and a Riddle & Brantley disability attorney familiar with the Wilson area may be able to help.
This can be a highly complex process. It is helpful to have a lawyer on your side. In fact, research suggests that hiring a disability lawyer can dramatically increase the chances that you are ultimately approved.
How do I qualify for disability benefits?
There are many factors the Social Security Administration considers when determining whether you qualify for disability benefits.
The SSA uses 5 key questions to help determine your eligibility:
- Are you working? In order to qualify for disability benefits from the SSA, you cannot earn more than $1,180 per month.
- How severe is your condition? The SSA will try to determine to what extent your disability interferes with work-related activities when evaluating your application.
- Is your disability included in the SSA’s list of disabling conditions? The SSA maintains a list of conditions that may automatically qualify you for disability benefits provided you meet certain other criteria.
- Can you do the same work you are accustomed too? You may qualify for Social Security disability benefits if your condition prevents you from doing the same type of work that you have done for the last 15 years (and you also meet certain other criteria).
- Can you do any other type of work? The SSA will want to know whether your disability prevents you from doing other suitable work with your remaining abilities (sometimes called “residual functional capacity”).
“I would not have won my case without the help from my team at Riddle & Brantley.”
-John S., disability client
What types of conditions are covered by Social Security disability?
Conditions that qualify you for disability insurance from the government vary greatly. Covered disabilities include:
- Respiratory system disorders
- Cardiovascular system disorders
- Digestive system impairments
- Genitourinary impairments
- Hematological disorders
- Skin disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Congenital disorders that affect multiple body systems
- Neurological disorders
- Mental disorders
- Malignant neoplastic diseases
- Immune system disorders
- Special senses and speech problems
- Musculoskeletal system impairments
A Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer with experience in Wilson NC is always standing by to assist any individual who may be suffering from one or more of these conditions and falls under the necessary criteria.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below for a free consultation with a Bar-Certified Specialist in disability law.
Riddle & Brantley is here to help.
We will build trust by delivering results.
“We’ve been fighting for people with disabilities throughout North Carolina for decades. Everyone deserves justice.”
We are here to help the people of Wilson, North Carolina and surrounding areas.
Justice Counts for you and your loved ones. Please contact us today by calling 1-800-525-7111 or completing the fast and easy online form.
We would love to help you if we can.