Durham Car Accident Lawyer
Have you been hurt in an auto accident in Durham or elsewhere in the Triangle? Are you looking for a Durham car accident lawyer?
The Durham car accident attorneys at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
We’ve been representing clients in car crashes, truck wrecks, and motorcycle accidents in Durham and North Carolina since 1985. We also handle claims and lawsuits related to bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Our attorneys have more than 225 years of collective legal experience and have won many four, five, six and seven-figure settlements and judgments on behalf of our clients.
*In-person consultations available in Durham and Fayetteville offices by appointment only. Free consultations are available by phone, email, text and even video conference.
If you’ve been seriously injured and believe another driver is responsible, please call us at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below. The consultation is free and there is no upfront cost or attorney fee unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
We have Spanish-speaking staff available and are very responsive. We frequently respond to calls and emails after hours and on weekends.
“We are committed to fighting for justice for the residents of Durham and all North Carolinians.”
-Gene Riddle, Durham car accident lawyer
Auto Accidents in Durham, North Carolina
Durham — the “Bull City” — is one of the fastest-growing cities in North Carolina and is located among some of the busiest highways and interstates in the state. I-40, I-85, and I-440 all run around Durham and traffic can be dangerous.
The North Carolina Department of Transporation (NCDOT) reports there were 42,457 auto crashes in Durham in 2018. 7,438 of those crashes resulted in injury and 55 crashes were fatal. Duke University Hospital in Durham treats countless car accident victims every year.
These auto accidents can result in all types of serious and even life-threatening injuries, including:
- Broken bones (including fractures and compound fractures)
- Cuts, contusions and scrapes
- Soft tissue damage, including muscle injury
- Head and neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Internal injuries, including damage to organs and internal bleeding
- Concussions and brain injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limbs (amputations)
- Emotional trauma like PTSD
- And more…
Severe accidents may even result in death and a wrongful death lawsuit may be appropriate in order to seek justice for the family. 57 people were involved in fatal Durham car, motorcycle and truck accidents in 2017.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident in the Durham area or elsewhere in the Triangle, please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE consultation with one of our Durham auto injury attorneys.
There is never any consultation fee, and there is no upfront cost or attorney fee unless we win your case and recover financial compensation for you.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a Durham car accident lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111.
“This settlement changed me and my family’s lives.”
–Linda B., Riddle & Brantley client
Why Get a Durham Car Accident Lawyer?
While you are able to pursue an injury claim on your own, auto accident cases can be complex and the expertise of an experienced car accident lawyer can help you get the justice and compensation you need.
One of our car accident lawyers with experience in Durham can help with all aspects of your injury claim or lawsuit, including:
- Witness interviews
- Obtaining police and accident reports
- Filing paperwork and required claim forms
- Conducting interviews and depositions
- Communicating with the insurance company and authorities
- Investigating the accident scene
- Collecting crash scene evidence
- Accident reconstruction with expert witnesses
- Calculating damages
- Coordinating medical care and making medical bill payment arrangements
- Settlement negotiations
- Arbitration and/or mediation
North Carolina also has specific laws and rules related to auto accident injury cases that a Riddle & Brantley car accident attorney can help you navigate. We’ve been serving Durham-area clients for more than three decades and know North Carolina law very well.
With a car, truck or motorcycle accident lawyer on your side, you can rest assured that your case is being managed appropriately and focus on what’s most important — your recovery and well-being.
Pursuing a car accident claim or lawsuit can be stressful, and we will do our best to minimize stress and make the process as easy as possible for you.
In addition to an experienced Durham car accident attorney, you’ll be supported by a dedicated staff of case managers, paralegals and accident investigators. We even have Spanish-speaking staff available if needed.
“Riddle & Brantley found me all the available money from the insurance companies.”
–David Howard, Riddle & Brantley client
What can you expect from your injury claim?
There is no average settlement or judgment in car accident cases, and every case is unique.
Riddle & Brantley has experience winning four, five, six and seven-figure awards for our clients through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and even trial.
Attorneys Gene Riddle and Jonathan Smith are even members of Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which recognize attorneys who have won the most significant settlements and verdicts. Attorney Christopher Brantley is also a member of Million Dollar Advocates (please see disclaimer below), and attorney Gene Riddle has been recognized by The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and maintains a prestigious AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell. He is also the recipient of the 2014 Litigator Award (see disclaimer below).
What we can promise you is that if you hire us to represent you, we will do our best to get you the justice and compensation you deserve.
We believe our settlements and verdicts won by our injury lawyers speak for themselves, including:
- $5.45 million | Tractor-Trailer Accident & Wrongful Death — A truck rear-ended a vehicle on a busy North Carolina highway, resulting in the tragic deaths of four family members. Hired by the surviving relatives to seek justice, attorneys Gene Riddle and Kurt Dixon worked tirelessly on the case, organizing a team of investigators that ultimately determined the truck driver and a pavement marking company to have been negligent. After the suit was filed and prior to trial, the parties entered mediation, where Riddle and Dixon won a settlement totaling $5,450,000 for the victims’ family.
- $2.25 million | Auto Accident — A truck driver was determined negligent in a head-on collision that resulted in the death of both drivers involved, including a young woman whose family hired attorney Gene Riddle to represent them. Riddle directed a comprehensive accident investigation and prepared a complaint. After notifying the Defendant of his intention to file suit, Riddle and defense counsel entered mediation and a significant settlement was ultimately won for the family of the victim.
- $1.05 million | Motorcycle Accident — When a motorcycle driver lost control on an S-curve, our client, the passenger, suffered serious injuries including traumatic brain injury, multiple fractures and memory loss. Prior to suit being filed, attorney Gene Riddle negotiated with the motorcyclist’s insurance carrier for the maximum amount, resulting in total compensation of $1,050,000 to the victim.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
For more examples of verdicts and settlements won by our auto accident attorneys, please visit the Riddle & Brantley case results page.
We’re also proud to have built lifelong relationships with the clients we’ve served. Here’s what just a few of them are saying about their experience working with Riddle & Brantley:
Have you been hurt in an auto accident in Durham?
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence in a car, truck or motorcycle accident in Durham or the Triangle, you may be looking for a Durham car accident lawyer.
With more than 225 years of collective legal experience, our personal injury attorneys have experience serving Durham clients and would be happy to help if we can.
“I would recommend them to anyone. They fought hard for me.”
-Christine W., Riddle & Brantley client
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE legal consultation with a Durham car accident lawyer. A Riddle & Brantley attorney can evaluate your case and advise you on your legal options for a potential injury claim or lawsuit.
As always, the initial consultation is free and there is no upfront cost or attorney fee unless we win your case and you get financial compensation.
Auto accident injuries can be devastating and even life-changing.
If you’ve been injured and someone else is responsible, you deserve justice. And that is exactly what Riddle & Brantley fights for every day on behalf of our clients.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 — we would love to help if we can.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.