Fayetteville Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured in an accident? Do you believe someone else’s negligence may be responsible?
You may be looking for a Fayetteville personal injury lawyer.
Riddle & Brantley has been serving clients in Fayetteville and the surrounding area for decades. Our Fayetteville personal injury lawyers can fight for your rights and seek justice for your injuries.
For a FREE consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111, or complete the form below. There is no obligation, no upfront cost and no attorney fee unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Justice for Fayetteville and Fort Bragg
Fayetteville is the sixth-largest city in North Carolina, the seat of Cumberland County, and the home of Fort Bragg, one of the nation’s largest military bases. Riddle & Brantley is proud to support our servicemen and women, and we are actively investigating and accepting these claims for active duty military and veterans with defective 3M military earplugs injury claims. 2.2 million ear plugs were provided by Aero/3M to our military personnel from 2003 through 2015. In 2016 a whistleblower lawsuit was filed by the federal government against the makers of these earplugs and it settled for 9.1 million dollars in 2018.
Fayetteville also lies at the crossroads of some very busy highways, including I-95, US 401, US 301, and highways 24, 210, and 295. All that traffic makes car, truck, motorcycle, and pedestrian accidents common. In 2017 alone, 25 people were killed in Fayetteville motor vehicle crashes, including 7 pedestrians.
For almost 25 years, Riddle & Brantley’s Fayetteville personal injury lawyers have been serving clients in Fayetteville and across North Carolina, representing victims of accidents and injuries including:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, moped, and pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death
- Premises liability accidents
- Defective medical device injuries
- Defective consumer product accidents
- Dangerous OTC and prescription drug injuries
- Sexual assaults
- Dog and animal bites
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
Our nine personal injury attorneys have more than 225 years of legal experience and are committed to seeking justice for North Carolinians in Fayetteville and across the state.
If you believe your injury is due to someone else’s negligence…
Accidents happen. But if another person or business is at fault, you deserve justice — and you may be entitled to compensation.
***Before you do anything else, call 911 and seek medical attention for your injuries. Not only is this best to protect your health, safety, and well-being, but medical records form an important part of any personal injury case.
After seeking medical attention, complete these steps to protect your legal rights and begin building your personal injury case:
- Collect contact info — get names, email addresses, and phone numbers from all involved in the accident. Be sure to gather information for potential witnesses, too.
- Talk with the police officer — a police report is an important part of most personal injury cases. Be honest and accurate and remember that anything you say can and will be used against you.
- Photograph the accident site — Take photos of all injuries and evidence at the accident site. Document property damage and look for evidence that may support your case, including skid marks, debris, safety equipment in disrepair, or inaccurate road markings.
- Fill out necessary paperwork — depending on the type of injury, certain forms and reports may need to be filed. If you’ve been injured at work, you’ll need to complete Form 18 and your employer must complete and submit Form 19 to the NC Industrial Commission (NCIC). If you’re worried about your employer not submitting the required paperwork, you can file Form 18 directly with the NCIC. Talk with a worker’s compensation attorney for more information.
- Do NOT give a recorded statement to the insurance company — before making any statement to an insurance company, speak with an attorney. The insurance company has one primary goal: paying as little in compensation as possible. A rushed or ill-considered statement can undermine your case. What you say can and will be used against you later in a deposition or in court.
- Speak with a personal injury lawyer — what you do immediately following an accident can have a huge impact on the success of your personal injury case. In order to protect your legal rights and build the strongest case possible, contact a personal injury lawyer right away. At Riddle and Brantley, if we don’t think you need a lawyer we will tell you so.
Considering a Fayetteville personal injury lawyer?
Ultimately, deciding which attorney to hire comes down to personal preference. Still, there are many questions you should consider, including the attorney’s experience representing victims of injury, their familiarity with the Fayetteville and Fort Bragg area, and their record of success obtaining judgments and settlements for clients.
Here are just a few of our case results for Riddle & Brantley personal injury clients:
- Wrongful Death / Truck Accident | $5.45 million — When a family of four was killed by a negligent truck driver on a North Carolina interstate, relatives called on Riddle & Brantley to seek justice. Attorneys Gene Riddle and Kurt Dixon organized a thorough tractor trailer investigation team, bringing in experts in accident reconstruction, work zone safety, and federal motor vehicle carrier safety regulations. After filing suit, Gene and Kurt successfully represented the Plaintiffs in mediation, ultimately winning the family $5.45 million in compensation. Litigation against a pavement marking company is still pending.
- Personal Injury | $1.93 million — Our client was walking in a parking lot when she was hit and run over by a cement truck, resulting in severe injuries. Managing partner Gene Riddle and late partner Gene Jenkins hired experts the day after they were contacted and reconstructed the accident site and determined the cement truck driver to be at fault for the accident. After filing suit, the case was settled for $1.93 million.
- Auto Accident | $475,000 — Our client was the guest passenger in a vehicle when the driver veered off-center resulting in a fiery crash that left multiple parties injured. Attorney Gene Riddle filed suit and negotiated a pre-trial settlement of $475,000.
- Workers Compensation | $375,000 — After suffering a severe back injury while moving heavy items on the job, our client hired Riddle & Brantley to represent him in a worker’s compensation claim. Attorney Christopher Brantley settled the claim through mediation, winning a $375,000 award.
Learn more about the judgments and settlements won by our attorneys on behalf of our clients. Check out the Riddle & Brantley case results page.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
“We are committed to the residents of Fayetteville and our military based at Fort Bragg and are ready to defend your right to justice at a moment’s notice.” -Gene Riddle
Have you been injured? Riddle & Brantley fights for justice.
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve justice — and you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a Riddle & Brantley Fayetteville personal injury lawyer today.
Our personal injury, workers compensation, and wrongful death attorneys have been serving Fayetteville and Fort Bragg clients for decades and are committed to justice for all North Carolinians. If we can’t help you with your legal issue, we may be able to refer you to another resource that can help you.
For a FREE consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below. There is no upfront cost and no attorney fee unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
You deserve justice, and we would love to help.