Wilmington Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured due to another person’s negligence in Wilmington, New Hanover county, or southeastern North Carolina, you may be looking for a Wilmington personal injury lawyer.
With more than 200 years in combined legal experience, Riddle & Brantley’s personal injury lawyers have extensive experience serving clients in and around Wilmington, NC and are ready to help.
We offer legal representation in all types of personal injury cases, including car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, worker’s compensation, product liability, slip fall premises liability, wrongful death, dog bites and more.
Our personal injury attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means there is never any upfront cost, and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we get you financial compensation.
If you’re looking for an injury law firm with experience in Wilmington, please call us at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below for a free consultation.
Wilmington is the eighth most populous city in North Carolina with over 120,000 residents. The city is bordered by some very busy highways such as I-140, I-40, and US highways 74, 17, 117 and 421, which contribute to auto accidents in the area. The Wilmington highways are especially busy and dangerous from Memorial Day through Labor Day when thousands visit Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach and Kure Beach. 11 people were killed in fatal motor vehicle accidents in Wilmington in 2017.
If you have a claim involving a death we have an investigative team of attorneys and accident reconstructionists that can begin an investigation immediately in order to identify all evidence and witnesses and preserve this most important information.
If you’ve been injured in a Wilmington-area accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you navigate complex insurance claims, court filings, settlement negotiations, and even trial.
Wherever, whenever, and however you are injured, if someone else is at fault, we are ready to review your case and determine if we can help and then fight for you.
“All our clients just want justice, and that’s exactly what we continue to fight for in Wilmington North Carolina.” -Gene Riddle
Riddle & Brantley is committed to clients in Wilmington and throughout southeastern North Carolina, and our attorneys have won many six and seven-figure settlements and judgments. Attorney Gene Riddle is even a member of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He is also AV rated by his peers in Martindale-Hubble and is a member of Superlawyers (see disclaimer below).
Here are just a few of our personal injury case results:
- Auto Accident | $2.75 million — After our client suffered multiple fractures to his neck, leg, and arms following a head-on collision, attorney Donald Dunn fought on his behalf and obtained a $2.75 million award through arbitration. Following arbitration, Riddle & Brantley also represented the client in receiving an additional $1 million declaratory judgment against the insurance company.
- Motorcycle Accident | $1 million — Our client was thrown 15 feet from his motorcycle after being hit by a vehicle making an illegal turn. He suffered multiple injuries to his left arm and required rotator cuff surgery. Attorney Gene Riddle represented the client through negotiations, ultimately winning a settlement of $1,000,000, the limit of the at-fault party’s insurance policy.
- Auto Accident | $2.25 million — Attorney Gene Riddle represented the family of a woman who was killed instantly in a head-on collision when a truck traveling at an excessive rate of speed crossed the center line. Riddle & Brantley joined with attorney David Kirby from Edwards Kirby law firm in Raleigh to investigate the accident, later obtaining a settlement of $2.25 million for the Plaintiff through mediation prior to filing a lawsuit.
- Personal Injury | $450,000 — Managing partner and attorney Gene Riddle settled a claim during pre-trial litigation on behalf of a client who suffered second and third-degree burns to the victim’s feet after hot ashes or coals were left near a playground at an outdoor cookout. The case settled for $450,000 after suit was filed.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
To learn more about the judgments and settlements our attorneys have won, please visit our case results page.
If you have been injured:
The first thing to do is call 911 and seek immediate medical attention.
Not only is treating your injuries important in order to ensure your health, safety, and well-being, but a doctor’s report is often crucial in documenting your injuries suffered in the accident.
After seeking treatment, follow these instructions in order to protect your legal rights:
- Take photos — take photographs of the entire accident site, paying special attention to damage and any potential evidence such as debris or skid marks. Also be sure to get photos of your injuries and those of anyone else involved.
- Talk with the police — answer the officer’s questions honestly and accurately, keeping in mind that anything you say can and will be used against you. After the accident, be sure to obtain a copy of the police report, which is often important in supporting your personal injury case. A Wilmington personal injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley can obtain the accident report or incident report for you in most situations.
- Get contact information from those involved — collect names, email addresses, and phone numbers of anyone involved in the accident. Be sure to identify and collect contact information from potential witnesses, as well.
- Do NOT give a recorded statement to the insurance company — We recommend that you only provide a statement to the insurance company if you tell the truth and know what you are doing. In the aftermath of an accident, insurance companies have one priority: paying as little in compensation as possible. Before you provide any statement, consult with your attorney. What you say can and will be used against you.
- Complete the necessary paperwork — Some personal injury claims, especially those involving injuries occurring at work, require you to submit a formal report. In order to file a worker’s compensation claim, for instance, you must complete Form 18 and your employer must complete Form 19, submitting both to the NC Industrial Commission (NCIC). If you are worried that your employer may not submit these, you can submit Form 18 directly to the NCIC. In slip fall cases in restaurants and grocery stores you should request an incident report if possible before you leave, and your injuries don’t prevent you from talking.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer — you’re not required to get a personal injury attorney following your injury, but if you’re considering filing a claim or lawsuit, a lawyer can help manage the entire process, saving you time and stress. Most personal injury lawyers (including those at Riddle & Brantley) work on a contingency basis, which means there is never any upfront cost, and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless you recover financial compensation.
Searching for a Wilmington personal injury lawyer?
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve justice — and you may be entitled to compensation.
Riddle & Brantley’s personal injury, workers compensation, and wrongful death lawyers have more than 200 years combined legal experience fighting for victims in Wilmington and across North Carolina.
We have four locations throughout North Carolina and if it’s more convenient for you, we’ll even come to you.
For a free, no-obligation consultation with a personal injury lawyer with experience in Wilmington, please call us at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below. If you decide to let us handle your case, there is no upfront cost, and there are no attorney fees unless we get you financial compensation.
Our managing partner, Gene Riddle, has been practicing law in North Carolina since 1985 and our firm has been fighting for victims in Wilmington for decades.
You deserve justice, and we would love to help. Please contact us today.
DISCLAIMER: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Superlawyers, and AV ratings, visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.