Greenville Personal Injury Lawyer
Injured in Greenville, North Carolina or elsewhere in Pitt County and the surrounding area? Our Greenville personal injury lawyers may be able to help.
When you’ve been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, justice counts. If another person or company is responsible for your injury, you may be entitled to compensation, and a Greenville personal injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley would love to review your case in a free consultation.
Since 1985, Riddle & Brantley personal injury attorneys have been serving victims of negligence in Greenville and throughout North Carolina. We know the applicable state and federal laws and will work endlessly and tirelessly to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
If you’ve been injured in an accident in or around Greenville, NC, contact us today for a free consultation. There is no obligation, no upfront cost and no attorney fee unless we win your case. Please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below for a free case review.
How can a Greenville personal injury lawyer help?
Personal injury cases can be complicated. Whether you’re filing an insurance or workers compensation claim, or filing a lawsuit, having someone on your side that knows the ins and outs of the legal system can make a big difference.
Whether it’s organizing accident investigations or handling court filings, helping arrange medical care or negotiating with the insurance company, a personal injury attorney can handle all aspects of your case.
Greenville is the 10th largest municipality by population in North Carolina, and the Vidant Medical Center and other local facilities treat all types of injuries resulting from accidents in and around Pitt County. Greenville is home to East Carolina University which now has a dental school in addition to a medical school. Construction projects dominate the skyline and Highways 13, 264, 64, 258 and 11 run in and around Greenville and Pitt County. As a result, accidents occur daily on the highways and construction projects all over Pitt County.
“Greenville, through Vidant Medical Center and the doctors from East Carolina University Medical School, provides some of the best care in the nation for victims of trauma from accidents,” said Gene Riddle. “We are so fortunate to have Vidant and its great medical care.”
Common types of Pitt County accidents include:
- Automotive accidents, including car, truck accidents in Greenville, pedestrian and motorcycle accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Defective medical devices or consumer products
- Dangerous prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications
- Dog bites and other animal bites
- Slip and fall injuries
- and many more…
We also handle cases related to injuries from dangerous drugs, defective medical devices, defective consumer products, and more. These mass tort cases include Roundup cancer lawsuits, 3M military earplugs lawsuits, Johnson & Johnson talcum powder / baby powder lawsuits, and Valsartan and Cipro lawsuits.
What does a personal injury attorney actually do?
Every case is different, but one thing is true of every accident:
There is a lot to be done if you’re planning to file a claim or lawsuit seeking compensation for your injuries… and even more to be done if you want to win your case.
A Riddle & Brantley Greenville personal injury attorney can handle all aspects of your case, including:
- Finding appropriate medical care
- Investigating the accident site
- Finding and interviewing witnesses
- Making a statement to the insurance company
- Communicating with law enforcement
- Calculating long-term financial damages
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Mediation or arbitration proceedings
- Litigation including court filings, hearings, and trial
- Settlement negotiations
- and more…
Filing a claim or personal injury lawsuit can be overwhelming. A Greenville personal injury attorney can handle all of these tasks and help you navigate the process with minimal stress.
For a free consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below. We’d love to help, and there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and recover financial compensation for you.
What to look for in a personal injury lawyer
There is no shortage of personal injury lawyers in Greenville, North Carolina. Ultimately, choosing the right attorney comes down to personal choice, but here are a number of important questions to consider:
- How long as the attorney been in practice?
- How many personal injury cases has the law firm handled in the past?
- Does the firm represent injured parties (Plaintiffs), Defendants, or both?
- What is the attorney’s experience bringing cases to trial?
- What is the lawyer’s success rate in its personal injury cases that go to trial?
- Does the firm have a track record of successful settlements and case outcomes?
Ultimately, you’ll want to hire the lawyer that you feel confident will help get you the compensation you deserve. At Riddle & Brantley, we’ve helped injured North Carolinians recover millions in damages. Here are just a few of our recent case results:
- Workers Compensation | $2.48 million — Attorneys Gene Riddle, Christopher Brantley, and Jonathan Smith represented a construction welder who had fallen from a platform and suffered a severe and disabling head injury. After extensive mediation and negotiations with the insurance company, Gene, Christopher, and Jonathan secured a $2.48 million settlement and helped establish two trusts for the client’s continued care.
- Motorcycle Accident | $1 million — Attorney Gene Riddle represented our client who suffered extensive injuries after being thrown from his motorcycle when another vehicle turned out in front of him. After extensive negotiations, Gene won a $1,000,000 settlement from the insurance company, the limit of the at-fault driver’s policy.
- Personal Injury | $500,000 — Our client tripped on merchandise that was negligently left unsecured by the retailer, resulting in serious injuries. Attorney Gene Riddle led legal action against the retailer, ultimately securing a $500,000 settlement for the client through mediation prior to trial.
- Auto Accident | $750,000 — Attorneys Gene Riddle and Adam Smith filed suit against a landscaping company and its truck driver, who caused an auto accident resulting in severe injuries and permanent disability for our client. After extensive investigation, we entered mediation with the insurance company and ultimately secured a $750,000 settlement.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
Learn more about settlements and judgments won by our attorneys on the Riddle & Brantley case results page.
Is hiring an injury attorney expensive?
Keep in mind, hiring a personal injury attorney doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, many injury lawyers — including Riddle & Brantley — work on a contingency basis. That means there is no upfront cost, and there are no attorney fees unless you win financial compensation.
Have you been injured due to someone else’s negligence?
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, workplace accident, slip and fall, or injured due to a defective consumer product, medical device, or dangerous drug, you deserve justice — and you may be entitled to compensation.
One of our Greenville injury lawyers may be able to help.
At Riddle & Brantley, our firm has represented injured parties throughout North Carolina since 1985. Our founding partner, Gene Riddle, has practiced personal injury law since 1985, and has represented victims in and around Greenville for decades. With nine attorneys experienced in personal injury, workers compensation, and wrongful death, we will relentlessly fight for compensation for your injuries.
With convenient locations in Greenville* as well as Goldsboro, Kinston* Jacksonville and Raleigh, we work hard to make the legal process as simple and stress-free as possible for you.
*by appointment only
For a FREE consultation, please call our Greenville personal injury lawyers at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form. There is no obligation, and there are never any attorney fees unless we win your case and get you financial compensation.
We’re committed to justice for the people of Greenville and eastern North Carolina and would love to help. Please contact us today.