North Carolina Slip and Fall Lawyer
Have you been injured in a slip or fall? Perhaps a grocery store didn’t put out a “Caution: Wet Floor” sign. Maybe a business didn’t remove the gravel from its steps. Or a spill in an assisted living facility wasn’t properly cleaned up. Whatever the case, if your injury is the result of another person or company’s negligence, you deserve justice — and a North Carolina slip and fall lawyer at Riddle & Brantley can help.
Our NC slip and fall lawyers know the law in North Carolina, and we have more than 225 years of combined legal experience, helping our clients take on the insurance companies and defense counsel.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced North Carolina slip and fall lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and convenient form below.
There is no obligation and we don’t get paid unless you do. If you don’t receive compensation in your injury case, you won’t pay any attorney fees.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let one of our North Carolina personal injury lawyers help you secure the justice and compensation you need and deserve.
Slip and Fall Accidents in North Carolina
Slip and fall accidents are more common in North Carolina than some may realize. In fact, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that slips and falls are responsible for roughly 15 percent of accident-related deaths on the job, second only to motor vehicle accidents.
But slip and fall injuries don’t just occur on the job, although these accidents are relatively common. A slip or fall can happen anytime, anywhere, often with no warning, and sometime resulting in severe and even life-threatening injuries.
Some of the injuries our North Carolina slip and fall attorneys have seen in these cases include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, scrapes, and contusions
- Back injuries
- Head injuries including concussions
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Neck injuries
In the most heartbreaking situations, a serious slip or fall may result in death, at which point surviving loved ones may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
In cases in which a slip or fall results in a disabling condition, our Social Security disability lawyers can help with these claims and appeals, as well.
Statute of Limitations in Slip and Fall Injury Claims
In North Carolina, the statute of limitations for slip and fall injury cases is 3 years from the date of injury (in most cases). There are some exceptions, but these are relatively rare. In one exception, an injured minor has an additional 3 years from the date they turn 18 to file a slip and fall accident injury claim or lawsuit.
In cases in which a slip or fall results in death, the estate and surviving loved ones have only 2 years from the date of death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Don’t wait and don’t let an expiring statute of limitations prevent you from getting the justice and compensation you deserve.
For a FREE consultation and case review with an experienced North Carolina slip and fall attorney, please call 1-800-525-7111.
We will review your case and advise you on your legal options. If you decide to hire us, a Riddle & Brantley injury lawyer will fight tirelessly for your right to justice and compensation.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
Results for Victims of Slips and Falls in North Carolina
Since 1985, Riddle & Brantley has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for deserving injury victims in North Carolina (see disclaimer below), including many who have been injured in slips and falls.
Recent wins include:
- $500,000 — Attorney and founding partner Gene Riddle represented a client who suffered serious injuries when she slipped in a retail store. Injuries included damage to her knee, foot, and hip. The case settled in mediation proceedings for $500,000 in total compensation.
- $250,000 — Gene Riddle fought for justice for a spectator who was injured in a fall from the bleachers at a basketball game. Our client suffered soft tissue injuries to his leg. The case was tried in Superior Court in Wayne County and resulted in compensation totaling $250,000 for the injured victim.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
–R. Colley, Riddle & Brantley client
Remember, in most cases, you have just 3 years from the date of injury to file a slip and fall accident injury claim (and only 2 years from the date of death in wrongful death cases). Don’t wait — contact a North Carolina slip and fall lawyer at Riddle & Brantley today.
The consultation is free and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and easy form below for a FREE, no-obligation consultation and case review.
Justice Counts for those injured in falls, slips, or trips due to others’ negligence. Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s review your case today.
Where Do Slips and Falls Happen?
A slip, fall, or trip can happen anywhere. Some of the more common locations we see in these cases include:
- Grocery and Retail Stores — Spills or wet surfaces on hard floors in grocery stores and other retail stores can be extremely dangerous, sometimes resulting in a serious fall or slip that causes injury.
- Construction Sites — With so much equipment and material lying around, often placed haphazardly, construction sites are common places where slips and falls occur. Poorly secured or protected scaffolding can also pose dangers, and falls from roofs can result in life-threatening injury.
- Parking Lots — Sometimes poorly maintained, debris, potholes, and parking barriers can be especially dangerous for those walking across parking lots.
- Public Restrooms — Hard surfaces and spills can pose serious dangers to people in public restrooms that are not maintained or cleaned properly.
- Workplaces — Slips, falls, and trips resulting in injury are common on the job. In these cases, an injured victim may have a workers’ compensation claim, as well, and should contact an experienced workers’ comp attorney to assist with his or her claim.
- Swimming Pools — Swimming pools are especially hazardous and slippery surfaces can lead to injury-causing slips, falls, and trips.
- Hospitals, Nursing Homes, and Assisted Living Facilities — These locations often have hard floors and spills are common and sometimes not cleaned up. The elderly are especially vulnerable as they sometimes lack balance and coordination.
- Bleachers and Stairwells — Sometimes poorly lit, bleachers and stairwells can be especially dangerous. Spills are common and often not cleaned up right away, presenting additional dangers.
Have You Been Injured in a Slip or Fall in North Carolina?
If so, our NC slip and fall attorneys are ready to help however they can. Our attorneys have more than 225 years of combined legal experience. We know how to negotiate with the insurance companies and defense counsel, and are not afraid to go to trial if we have to.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced trip, slip, and fall attorney serving North Carolina, please call 1-800-525-7111.
We serve clients across the entire state and are ready to help however we can. Free consultations are available by phone, email, text and video conference, and we can come directly to you if you prefer. Making the entire process as easy, stress-free, and convenient as possible for you if our priority.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your slip and fall claim.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.