Charlotte Car Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a car accident in Charlotte or the surrounding area? You may be looking for a Charlotte car accident lawyer.
A Riddle & Brantley car accident lawyer with experience in Charlotte may be able to help.
For more than three decades, Riddle & Brantley attorneys have been helping car, truck, and motorcycle accident victims in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina. We believe everyone deserves justice and we fight relentlessly for our clients.
With nearly 200 years of collective legal experience, our injury lawyers know the law in North Carolina, and we have won many four, five, six and even seven-figure settlements and judgments on our clients’ behalf (see disclaimer below).
If you’ve been in a car, truck or motorcycle accident and have suffered injury due to someone else’s negligence, please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE consultation. You can also submit the form below if you prefer.
A car accident attorney from Riddle & Brantley will be happy to help. We serve clients in Charlotte as well as nearby Concord, Huntersville, Mooresville, Gastonia, Indian Trail, Matthews and Mint Hill. Free consultations are available by phone, email, text and video conference.
The consultation and case review is free and if you decide to hire us, there is no upfront cost and no attorney fee unless we win your case and you receive compensation for your injury.
Our connection to Charlotte is personal.
Founding partner Gene Riddle’s family has roots in the area. His father grew up in the area and both of his grandparents worked in the mills in nearby Kannapolis.
“Charlotte has a special place in my heart. My family has roots there, and I’m proud to have our firm represent injury victims in the area.”
Injuries from Auto Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can be serious and the consequences can be life-changing. Our experienced car accident attorneys have represented clients in Charlotte and across North Carolina who have suffered all types of injury, including:
- Broken bones including fractures and compound fractures
- Soft tissue and muscle injuries
- Skeletal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Cuts, scrapes and contusions
- Internal injuries
- And many more…
And that’s not all. Serious auto accidents can be traumatic and also leave lasting emotional injuries, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). In North Carolina, emotional injury caused by another person’s negligence can entitle you to compensation, depending on the facts and circumstances of your case.
Charlotte is North Carolina’s largest city and almost 900,000 call it home. According to the US Census Bureau, it is the 16th most populous city in the United States. Between 2000 and 2014, it was ranked as the fastest growing metro area in America.
With some of the busiest interstates and highways in the region (I-277, I-77 and I-85 all converge on the city), Charlotte is no stranger to car, truck and motorcycle accidents. Bicyclists and pedestrians are also at risk.
According to the Highway Safety Research Center at UNC-Chapel Hill, there were 10,887 auto accidents with injuries reported in Charlotte in 2017. 90 of those accidents were fatal.
For a free case review with a car accident lawyer experience in Charlotte, call 1-800-525-7111 or fill out the fast and easy form below.
Do I really need a car accident lawyer?
The simplest answer is no, you do not. However, car accident injury claims can be complicated, and if you want the best outcome in your case, you probably want to consider an experienced injury attorney experienced in car accident cases.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can handle all aspects of your car accident injury claim or lawsuit, including:
- Evidence collection
- Witness interviews
- Estimating damages
- Accident investigation and reconstruction
- Securing expert witness testimony
- Conducting depositions
- Preparing you for statements to insurance companies and law enforcement
- Negotiation with the insurance company
- Mediation and/or arbitration proceedings
- Settlement negotiation with defense counsel
- Court filings and document preparation
An injury attorney can help you navigate the complex laws and rules surrounding car accidents and negligence in North Carolina. For instance, in North Carolina, the rule of Contributory Negligence means that if you are found to be even partly responsible for the accident, you are barred from any recovery (the legal word for compensation). There are exceptions to this rule, however, and an experienced NC lawyer can help determine the best way forward.
A car accident attorney can offer more than just legal assistance, too.
In the aftermath of your accident, a Riddle & Brantley car accident lawyer can even help connect you with appropriate medical care and make arrangements for medical bill payment that fit your family’s needs and budget.
We also assist victims and families with setting up trusts for long-term care and medical treatment.
When you hire Riddle & Brantley for your injury claim, you get more than an experienced North Carolina attorney. You get an entire staff of case managers, paralegals and investigators all committed to your success.
Justice Counts is our motto and we fight hard for every client.
To talk with an experienced car accident attorney, please call 1-800-525-7111. The consultation is free and there is no upfront cost or attorney fee unless we win your case.
Car Accident Injury Settlements and Verdicts
If you’re looking for a Charlotte car accident lawyer, chances are you’re interested in finding an attorney with a track record of success.
Riddle & Brantley has been serving North Carolina clients since 1985 and has won four, five, six and seven-figure settlements and judgments in car, tractor-trailer, and motorcycle accident cases.
We invite you to review a few of our recent case results (there are more available for review on our case results page):
- $2,750,000 | Car Accident — A head-on car accident resulted in serious injuries to our client, including multiple fractures to the neck, leg and arms. Riddle & Brantley took the case and attorney Donald Dunn won a $2,750,000 settlement through arbitration. This award was followed by a $1,000,000 declaratory judgment against one of the involved insurance companies.
- $5,450,000 | Truck Accident / Wrongful Death — Attorneys Gene Riddle and Kurt Dixon fought for justice when a family of four was tragically killed by a tractor-trailer on a North Carolina highway. Extensive crash scene investigation was organized and experts in reconstruction, truck driving and driver safety were called in to build the case. The parties agreed to mediation after a suit was filed, where Riddle and Dixon won total compensation of $5,450,000 from the involved insurance companies. Litigation is still pending against another involved party.
- $1,900,000 | Auto Accident / Pedestrian Accident — Our client sustained multiple fractures in her arm and leg after being hit by a cement truck while walking across a parking lot. Managing partner Gene Riddle and late partner Gene Jenkins brought in an accident reconstruction expert and filed a lawsuit, alleging the truck driver’s negligence had resulted in our client’s injury. The case settled for $1.9 million.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
Our clients’ own words are a testament to the quality of our work, as well.
In this short video, Cindy shares the heartbreaking story of her niece’s death in truck accident, and how Riddle & Brantley fought for justice:
Looking for a Charlotte car accident lawyer?
The attorneys at Riddle & Brantley have nearly 200 years of experience representing accident injury clients in North Carolina, and we’ve handled many cases in Charlotte and the Piedmont.
Managing partner Gene Riddle has family connections to Charlotte and we are proud to serve North Carolinians and visitors in the area.
If you’ve been injured in a car, truck, tractor-trailer or motorcycle accident, please call us at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below. We believe everyone deserves justice, and you may be entitled to compensation if someone else is responsible.
The case review is free, and if you decide to hire us to represent you there is no upfront cost and no attorney fee unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Please call us at 1-800-525-7111. We would love to help if we can.