Greensboro Car Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured in a car, truck or motorcycle accident in Greensboro? You might be considering a Greensboro car accident lawyer.
If so, we would love to help if we can.
Riddle & Brantley’s car accident attorneys have been serving clients in Greensboro since 1985, when founding partner Gene Riddle graduated from Wake Forest Law School. Together, our attorneys have more than 225 years of legal experience. We know North Carolina law, and we’re committed to getting justice for our clients.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and someone else is responsible, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE case review and consultation. You can also complete the short form below if you prefer.
Riddle & Brantley works on a contingency basis, which means if you decide to hire us, you will pay nothing upfront and there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and get you financial compensation.
Auto Wrecks and Injuries in Greensboro
Greensboro is the third largest city in North Carolina, just behind Charlotte and Raleigh. As part of the Piedmont Triad, almost 300,000 people call Greensboro home. In recent years, downtown Greensboro has undergone significant transformation, beginning with the opening of the Elon University School of Law in 2006.
I-40, I-74, I-85 and I-840 all converge in Greensboro, and the city lies on the portion of I-40 that connects Winston-Salem with Durham. The area is known for heavy traffic, and car accidents are common — and sometime fatal. 11,382 people were involved in traffic accidents resulting in injury in Greensboro in 2017 alone.
Our car accident lawyers are experienced handling accident claims and lawsuits involving all types of injuries in Greensboro and elsewhere in North Carolina.
Common car, truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, scrapes and contusions
- Head injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Neck injuries
- Muscle injuries
- Internal injuries, including organ damage and internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- PTSD and emotional injury
Accidents resulting in death are less frequent. In these cases, a wrongful death lawsuit may be warranted if another party’s negligence was responsible. Riddle & Brantley has experienced wrongful death attorneys ready to assist in these tragic instances.
Have you suffered an injury in a car, truck or motorcycle wreck? Do you believe another driver or party’s negligence resulted in the accident?
For a FREE case review, please contact the law offices of Riddle & Brantley. Call 1-800-525-7111 for the free consultation or fill out the form below. We would be happy to help if we can, and if for any reason we can’t, we’ll do our best to refer to another attorney or resource that can.
That’s our promise to you.
“We fight for justice for all North Carolinians because everyone deserves equal treatment under the law.” -Gene Riddle
What to Do Immediately After the Accident
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, the most important thing to do is immediately call 911 and seek medical attention for any injuries.
After attending to the safety and well-being of yourself and others involved, here are some things to do in order to protect your rights and, if necessary, start building a case for your injury claim:
- Talk with the police officer — A police report plays a very important role in any car accident injury claim or lawsuit. Remember, anything you say to the police can and will be used against you. Be honest and accurate.
- Speak with potential witnesses — Identify and talk with potential witnesses at the accident scene. Remember to get contact information, including names, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Take photos of injuries and the crash scene — Document any injuries to yourself or others in your party with photos. Also take photos of the crash scene, including damage to your car, skid marks, pavement markings and signage, and any other possible evidence. An experienced car accident attorney will also be able to organize a thorough investigation.
- Do NOT give a recorded statement to any insurance companies — An insurance company will typically do whatever possible to pay as little as possible on your claim. Before you give any statement, consult with an auto accident lawyer who knows the details of your case.
- File necessary forms and paperwork — If you’ve been injured in an auto accident while on the job and intend to file a workers’ compensation claim, you need to submit Form 18 to the North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC). Your employer also needs to submit Form 19. If you have reason to believe your employer will not submit Form 19, you can submit your information directly to the NCIC. Talk with a workers compensation attorney for more information.
- Get the police report — Request a copy of the accident report from the police department, sheriff’s department, or NC State Highway Patrol. Your car accident attorney can take care of this for you, as well.
There are many things to think about in the aftermath of an accident, and ultimately it is recommended that you speak with an auto accident lawyer to determine the best way forward.
Riddle & Brantley car accident lawyers have been representing clients who have suffered accident injuries in the Greensboro area for decades. To talk with an attorney, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below.
There is no obligation, no upfront cost and you won’t pay a dime unless we win your case and you recover financial compensation.
Auto Accident Case Results
If you’re looking for a Greensboro car accident lawyer, you’re probably interested in what kinds of settlements and verdicts each potential law firm has won.
At Riddle & Brantley we are proud of the results we’ve achieved for our clients, and invite you to review them for yourself. For more case results, please visit our Settlements and Judgments page.
- Truck Accident | $5.45 million — A family of four was tragically killed on a busy NC highway when a tractor-trailer ran over the center line, hitting them head-on. Attorneys Gene Riddle and Kurt Dixon with Riddle & Brantley jumped in to help the surviving relatives get justice for their loss. Organizing a comprehensive accident investigation including expert reconstructionists, Riddle & Dixon determined the truck driver to have been negligent and filed suit. Through pre-trial mediation, a total settlement of $5,450,000 was reached with the insurance companies representing the two trucks involved. No amount can ever compensate for the loss of a loved one, but we are proud to have delivered justice for the family.
- Auto Accident | $2.25 million — Both drivers involved were instantly killed when a truck ran into the opposite lane and collided with another vehicle. The mother of the deceased contacted attorney Gene Riddle, who got to work fighting for justice. Riddle & Brantley partnered with the Edward Kirby law firm in Raleigh to investigate the accident, and ultimately determined negligence on the part of the truck driver. Prior to filing suit, both parties entered mediation and the wrongful death claim was settled for $2,250,000.
- Auto Accident / Pedestrian Accident | $1.9 million — Managing partner Gene Riddle represented a client who suffered serious injuries after being hit by a cement truck while walking across a parking lot. Riddle and late partner Gene Jenkins brought in an expert reconstructionist to investigate the accident. A lawsuit was filed and the parties ultimately settled in Wayne County for $1,900,000 million in total compensation to the victim.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
The case results themselves aren’t the only measure of our success, however. We are proud of the reviews and testimonials of our clients, as well:
“I will always be thankful because this settlement changed me and my family’s lives. Thank you for a job very professionally done.” -Linda B.
Have you been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Greensboro?
You may be looking for a Greensboro car accident lawyer.
The injury attorneys at Riddle & Brantley are ready to help. We’ve been serving clients in Greensboro and the Piedmont Triad for decades and fight tirelessly for justice.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE case consultation. We’ll evaluate your case and make a recommendation as to how to pursue your claim. If you prefer, you can fill out the short form below to request a consultation, as well.
The consultation is free and there is no upfront cost or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Please call us today — we would love to help if we can.