Goldsboro Personal Injury Lawyers
Contact an Injury Attorney Today
The personal injury lawyers at Riddle & Brantley stand ready to protect your rights. We genuinely care about each person we represent and are committed to providing the highest level of client services to you. Call us today at (919) 778-9700 so we can talk to you about your case. We are ready to listen and help however we can.
As always, there are never any upfront costs and we don’t get paid unless you do. You only pay attorney fees if we win your injury case and you receive compensation. Please call us today for a free case review by an experienced attorney.
Riddle & Brantley
601 N Spence Ave
Goldsboro, NC 27534
Phone: (919) 778-9700
Hours of Operation
Monday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Tuesday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Wednesday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Thursday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Friday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Saturday – 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Sunday – 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Experienced and Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers
Have you been injured in an accident? Was another person or company at fault? A personal injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help you get the compensation you deserve. In almost four decades serving the people of Goldsboro and North Carolina, we’ve recovered more than $700 million in total compensation for our deserving clients, and we’d be honored to fight for you however we can (see disclaimer below).
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney, please call (919) 778-9700. You can also complete the fast and easy form below if you prefer. We have staff available 24/7 to take your call and respond to your inquiries, and we pride ourselves on providing excellent client service. To learn why a personal injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley may be the right fit for your injury claim or lawsuit, we invite you to check out our client testimonials.
“A strong firm that fights professionally for your rights and wins.”
–Donyelle S., Riddle & Brantley client
Injury Lawyers Ready to Fight for You
If you were injured because of someone’s negligence or intentional actions, then you have the right to seek compensation from those responsible — and a personal injury attorney can help. Depending on the circumstances that caused your injuries, you may be able to file an insurance claim, workers compensation claim or personal injury lawsuit. Motor vehicle accidents, dog bites, slip and fall accidents, bad drugs, and defective products and medical devices are all common reasons for injury claims. However, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit for any kind of accident. The compensation can help you cover the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, permanent injury and other related expenses.
Led by founding partner and injury attorney Gene Riddle, our attorneys help clients in cases involving personal injury, workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability, and more.
Attorney Riddle is a member of such prestigious organizations as Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and Super Lawyers. He also maintains the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent (see disclaimer below). In 2023, he was included on the “Power List,” a selection of personal injury leaders published by North Carolina Lawyers Weekly.
Attorney Alex Riddle, who joined the firm to practice alongside her father in 2021, was inducted into Million Dollar Advocates Forum in 2023 (see disclaimer below).
Attorney Brantley is also a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is recognized by the North Carolina State Bar as a Board-Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation (see disclaimer below).
The legal team also includes associates Donny Dunn and Adam Smith. Mr. Dunn is the firm’s senior litigator and has been involved in many trials, and handled thousands of injury cases. He represents victims in motorcycle wrecks, truck accidents, auto accidents and other cases involving personal injury claims. Attorney Smith handles work injury claims and, like attorney Brantley, is a Board-Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation law.
We invite you to learn more about our team of personal injury attorneys.
Injury Cases We Handle
Our personal injury lawyers handle all types of injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Scooter accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sexual assault
- Product liability cases
- Dangerous drug cases
- Defective medical device claims
- Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure claims
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- VA disability claims and appeals
- Workers’ comp claims
- Social Security disability
- Wrongful death
Many of our attorneys and staff have close family ties to the military and we are especially proud to serve those connected to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base. Our veterans benefits attorneys can help honorably discharged veterans fight for the VA benefits they need and deserve.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
The aftermath of an accident or injury can be physically painful, emotionally traumatic, and financially stressful. There are several things our personal injury attorneys recommend that you do if you’ve been injured in an accident:
- Call 911 — Immediately after the accident, call 911 to get law enforcement and medical personnel on the scene. Your health and safety are most important.
- Seek Medical Attention — If you’ve been injured (or think you may have been injured), seek medical care immediately. Follow the recommendations of the medical first responders, and remember that certain injuries such as brain injuries or head trauma may not be apparent right away, and it’s important to get diagnostic testing. Your medical records will also be critical in any potential personal injury claim.
- Take Photos — Be sure to take plenty of photos (or have another person take photos) documenting the aftermath of the accident. First, get photos of any injuries you and/or other parties have suffered. In auto accident cases, be sure to get photos of vehicle damage, debris, skid marks, road signage, etc. This evidence can prove invaluable in a personal injury claim.
- Get Contact Information — Be sure to get the contact and insurance information for the other driver (or other party in a different type of accident). Don’t forget to also collect contact information for any potential witnesses. They may play a decisive role in any potential personal injury claim in your accident case.
- Talk with Law Enforcement — Cooperate with the responding officer and give your honest account of the accident. The official police report will play an important role in any potential case. Remember, anything you say can and will be used against you, so be 100% accurate. Do NOT admit fault, even if you are unsure about the specific circumstances of the accident.
- File Your Claim — Call the insurance company to initiate an injury claim. Remember, do NOT admit fault or give a recorded statement to an insurance company before talking with a personal injury lawyer.
- Call an Attorney — If you’ve been injured in a car accident, workplace accident, slip and fall, animal attack, or other accident, call Riddle & Brantley’s accident lawyers immediately at (919) 778-9700. The consultation is always free and there is no obligation. We can begin investigating the accident right away to make sure no stone is left unturned. If you decide to hire us to represent you, there are no upfront costs and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Investigators On Staff
At Riddle & Brantley, our injury attorneys are supported by a team of accident investigators. These investigators are experienced, retired law enforcement officers who know how to handle crash scene and other accident investigations. They can come directly to you to help you in the aftermath of your accident. In the most serious cases, we even bring in expert accident reconstructionists to help examine the circumstances surrounding the accident and prove liability to support your injury case.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, don’t wait — we can send an investigator to you to help right away. Call (919) 778-9700 and let’s see how we can help.
Compensation Available in Accident Cases
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, there are several types of “damages” (compensation) that may be available to you. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help sort through the unique facts and circumstances of your claim to determine what damages may apply. Potential damages available in an injury claim include:
- Medical Expenses — This is the most common type of compensation awarded in a personal injury claim. This compensation is designed to reimburse you for the cost of your medical care, and can cover expenses related to ambulance transport, hospital stays, diagnostic testing, medications, surgeries, medical equipment, home care, and other important services and items.
- Lost Wages — If you’ve suffered serious injury, you may need to take time off work to recover. Compensation for lost wages may be available to help cover the loss of income during this time.
- Loss of Future Earning Potential — In the most tragic cases, an injury may require you to retire early, or you may not be able to return to your previous employment and be forced to take a job for lower pay. In these cases, you may qualify for additional damages to cover your lost earning potential. This amount can be difficult to calculate, and an experienced personal injury lawyer can help. In some cases, we’ll hire experts to compile a comprehensive life care plan to calculate these damages.
- Pain and Suffering — Physical injury isn’t the only result of an accident. It’s very common to also suffer emotional injury such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or other psychological problems. You may also suffer permanent scarring or disfigurement which can severely affect your emotional well-being and quality of life. In these cases, damages for your pain and suffering may be available.
- Punitive Damages — In rare cases involving “gross negligence” on the part of the at-fault individual, a jury may award punitive damages. This compensation is intended to “punish” the defendant for “willful or wanton” conduct that resulted in injury. Examples of such conduct include drunk driving or illegal street racing that results in an accident that injures another party.
In nearly four decades, our personal injury attorneys have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in total compensation for our deserving clients (see disclaimer below). We invite you to review our record of settlements and judgments, including:
- $9,450,000 | Tractor-Trailer Accident — In one of the most heartbreaking cases our firm has ever handled, a family of four was killed in a horrific tractor-trailer wreck on a busy North Carolina highway. Our personal injury attorneys worked tirelessly on behalf of surviving family members, leading a comprehensive crash scene investigation and even subpoenaing traffic data from Google Maps. We filed multiple lawsuits and ultimately secured more than $9 million for our clients in separate settlements prior to trial.
- $3,600,000 | Car Accident & Wrongful Death — Our client tragically passed away shortly after suffering devastating injuries in a rear-end accident. We filed separate lawsuits against the other driver and a construction company and secured $3.6 million in separate pre-trial settlements for surviving family members.
- $2,750,000 | Truck Accident & Workers’ Compensation — car accident lawyers Gene Riddle and Adam Smith represented an injured construction worker who was hit by a truck while on the job. We filed separate personal injury and workers’ compensation claims, ultimately securing $2.75 million in compensation for our deserving client.
- $1,625,000 | Pedestrian Accident — Our attorneys fought for justice for a young woman who was crossing the road when she was hit by a car. She suffered extensive injuries but was originally denied compensation due to North Carolina’s contributory negligence law, after which an out-of-state law firm brought us in to assist. We hired an expert accident reconstructionist, proved liability, and helped secure $1.625 million in mediation.
- $880,000 | Personal Injury — Our client suffered a serious spinal cord injury after the accidental discharge of a firearm by the defendant. The client’s claim was initially denied and we filed a lawsuit, prompting the insurance company to enter negotiations that ultimately resulted in an $880,000 settlement for our client.
Our Involvement with the Goldsboro Community
At Riddle & Brantley, we care about the communities we serve, both locally and statewide. Our law firm is headquartered in Goldsboro, and this is the longtime home of founding partner and attorney Gene Riddle. We are proud to serve the people of Goldsboro and take an active role in supporting the community.
- Educational efforts: We support several educational institutions in our area. We have contributed to and sponsored events at Wayne Community College. At Edgewood Community Developmental School at 1601 Peachtree Street, we have sponsored beginning of school year drives.
- Civic & volunteer groups: We have also contributed to several area volunteer fire departments, the American Heart Association, Friends of the Park in Smithfield, and other groups.
- Helping the needy: We believe in helping those in need and are a supporter of the Community Soup Kitchen of Goldsboro, participating in a recent food drive through the North Carolina Association of Justice. We are a sponsor for the North Carolina Center for Economic Empowerment & Development, which helps provide housing to those in need. Riddle & Brantley’s last sponsorship was for the organization “Dancing with the Fayetteville Stars.”
- Animal groups: As avid animal lovers, we are contributors to Diamonds in the Ruff Canine Rescue. This group of volunteer dog lovers rescue, provide sanctuary, and ultimately re-home abandoned, stray, and neglected dogs. We have also contributed to Wayne County Humane Society at 104 S. Center.
- Business groups: We are an A+ rated member of the Eastern North Carolina Better Business Bureau and have been an accredited business since 2002. Our association with the Better Business Bureau shows our commitment to making a good faith effort to make sure every client is satisfied with the services we provide.
- Military families: Eastern North Carolina has several military bases and we play a part in helping military families located here. We have served as a sponsor of the Wounded Warrior Project near Fort Bragg.
- Pro bono work: We have participated in the Call4All Program of the North Carolina Bar Association, which allows private attorneys to provide pro bono service to low-income persons in North Carolina. Advice is offered on one of the following areas of law: private landlord/tenant, public and subsidized housing, Medicaid, disability and non-disability issues in Social Security matters, consumer collections, employee rights, custody, guardianship, and simple estates. We have also performed pro bono legal work for the Goldsboro Family YMCA.
“You’ll walk in the front door as a client but leave as family. They’re the absolute best.”
–Susan S., Riddle & Brantley client
Goldsboro Legal Information
Personal injury cases are filed and tried at the District Court or Superior Court of North Carolina’s court system. Many cases are settled without the need for a trial, but we are prepared to go to court if a settlement cannot be reached. The Wayne County Courthouse is located at 224 E. Walnut St., Room 230, Goldsboro, NC.
Workers’ Compensation Information
Riddle & Brantley’s personal injury lawyers can also handle workplace injury claims. Workers’ compensation hearings are often necessary to get benefits for an injured worker. Workers’ comp claims are handled by the North Carolina Industrial Commission. That agency resolves disputes related to an injury on the job, an illness acquired through work (occupational disease), or deaths at work.
Attorneys Chris Brantley and Adam Smith are Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation. This means they have been recognized by the North Carolina State Bar for their experience and competence handling these specific types of cases.
Social Security Disability Information
In addition to personal injury accident claims, our attorneys can also handle disability claims. If you are seeking benefits through Social Security Disability, our legal team is ready to get to work for you. We can assist with the initial application or help you file an appeal if your SSD application for benefits has been denied. The Social Security Administration Office is located at 915 West New Hope Road, Goldsboro, NC 27534.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.