Workers Compensation Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a workplace accident, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits — and the North Carolina work injury lawyers at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
For more than 30 years, our attorneys have served North Carolinians injured on the job, fighting for their rights and securing them the justice and compensation they need and deserve.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and secure workers’ compensation benefits for you.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
Justice Counts for injured North Carolina workers and we would love to help if we can.
“They went to battle for me … I don’t know where I would be without Riddle & Brantley.”
-Gary B., Riddle & Brantley client
Award-Winning Lawyers Fighting for North Carolina Workers
Our worker’s compensation law team is led by two Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation, Christopher Brantley and Adam Smith.
Both attorneys have passed a rigorous examination administered by the NC State Bar and have been recognized for their experience and expertise in handling work injury claims for North Carolina workers.
In addition, Christopher Brantley is a member of the exclusive Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Adam Smith is a member of Super Lawyers and has earned the prestigious AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell (see disclaimer below).
Attorney Gene Riddle, who has also handled many workers’ compensation cases in North Carolina, is a member of Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, Super Lawyers, and National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He also has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is the recipient of the 2014 Litigator Award (see disclaimer below).
“We believe Justice Counts for North Carolinians injured on the job and we’re proud to fight for working men and women across the state.”
–Gene Riddle, attorney and managing partner, Riddle & Brantley
As always, there is no obligation and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive workers’ compensation benefits.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a free, no-obligation consultation and case review.
Justice for North Carolinians Injured at Work
Our NC work injury lawyers have experience helping clients who have suffered all types of workplace accidents and injuries, including but not limited to:
- Broken bones and Fractures
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Paralysis and semi-paralysis
- Crush injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Back injuries
- Emotional trauma like PTSD
- Amputations (loss of limbs)
- Respiratory illnesses
- Cancer due to exposure to dangerous substances like asbestos
- Repetitive motion injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome
- And more…
In the most heartbreaking cases, our wrongful death attorneys are ready to assist grieving families in seeking justice, as well.
If you work in North Carolina and have been injured while on the job, our North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyers may be able to help.
Our attorneys have more than 220+ years of combined legal experience and know what it takes to win. When you hire Riddle & Brantley, we will walk you step-by-step through the entire claim process. Our priority is to get you the compensation you deserve, and make the process as easy, convenient and stress-free as possible for you.
The case review is free and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation for your injuries.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today to speak with a Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist today.
Results for Injured North Carolina Workers
In more than 30 years of service to North Carolina, we are proud to have secured multiple five, six and even seven-figure verdicts and settlements on behalf of workers hurt on the job (see disclaimer below).
Recent wins for North Carolina workers include:
- $2,475,000 | Workers’ Compensation / Traumatic Brain Injury — We represented a welder who suffered a disabling brain injury after falling from a platform while on the job. Attorneys Gene Riddle, Christopher Brantley and Jonathan Smith tirelessly fought on the victim’s behalf, ultimately securing $2.475 million in total compensation after several mediations. We also established a guardianship and two trusts in order to provide for our client’s long-term care.
- $1,800,000 | Workers’ Compensation / Truck Accident — Attorney Gene Riddle fought for justice for our client, who was hit head-on while driving a truck for work and suffered traumatic injuries including the eventual loss of his left leg below the knee. Riddle negotiated settlements with both the truck insurance company and workers’ comp carrier, totaling $1.8 million in compensation.
- $786,000 | Workers’ Compensation — Attorney Gene Riddle secured a significant settlement for a law enforcement officer who suffered a serious spinal cord injury while on duty. A life care plan obtained by Riddle & Brantley was essential in resolving the claim. The settlement included a Medicare Set Aside provision in order to provide for our client’s future medical treatment, as well.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
“What can a NC workers’ compensation lawyer do for me?”
You’re not required to hire a work injury lawyer to represent you in a workers’ compensation claim, however, these cases can be complicated and a workers’ comp attorney can help increase the chance that you receive compensation.
When you hire a North Carolina workers’ comp lawyer at Riddle & Brantley, you’ll get a powerful advocate who will fight tirelessly for your rights and can help manage the entire process end to end, including:
- Helping you file required forms with your employer and the North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC)
- Assisting you with filing notice with the workers’ compensation insurance carrier
- Calculating damages
- Collecting critical medical evidence to support your claim
- Connecting you with appropriate medical care a necessary
- Obtaining supporting evidence from your treating physician through an independent and non-biased medical examination
- Representing you during deposition proceedings
- Conducting depositions
- Obtaining statements from expert witnesses and others
- Making sure that you receive your disability payments on time and in the correct amount
- Ensuring that you do not accept a new position created by your employer solely to avoid paying workers’ compensation benefits
- Representing you in hearing and, if necessary, at trial
- Negotiating with the insurance company and defense counsel
- Advising you on your rights and ensuring that you do not accept a low-ball offer from the insurance company
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary
- And much, much more…
We can consult with you via phone, email or text. We have bilingual translators on staff to assist our Spanish-speaking clients, as well.
If you would prefer to meet in-person, we have convenient office locations throughout the state, including in Raleigh, Goldsboro, and Jacksonville. In-person consultations are also available by appointment only at our office space in Durham, Fayetteville, Greenville and Kinston.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation and case review please call 1-800-525-7111 today.
“This settlement changed me and my family’s lives.”
-Linda B., Riddle & Brantley client
North Carolina Workers’ Comp Lawyers Committed to Justice
Have you suffered a workplace injury? You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits under North Carolina law, and our NC work injury lawyers may be able to help with your claim.
Since 1985, our attorneys have pursued justice for injured workers of all types, including:
- Truck drivers
- Factory workers
- Construction workers
- Utility workers
- Law enforcement officers
- Paramedics and EMTs
- Doctors, nurse and medical staff
- Office personnel
- Agricultural workers and farmers
- Warehouse workers
- And many, many more…
Our North Carolina disability attorneys and veterans benefits lawyers are also available to assist with these types of claim, as well.
For a FREE consultation with a NC workers’ comp lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is no obligation and because we work on a contingency basis, you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and recover workers’ compensation benefits for you.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
A Board-Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation at Riddle & Brantley can listen to you and advise you on your best possible legal options for pursuing workers’ comp.
Riddle & Brantley was founded on the principle that Justice Counts for ALL North Carolinians.
If you’ve been injured while on the job, you deserve justice — and you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s talk.
We would love to help however we can.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyer, and AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.