Head-On Collision Lawyer in Goldsboro, NC
Goldsboro Head-On Collision Lawyer
Head-on collisions are some of the most serious auto accidents. They can occur without warning and often result in serious and even life-threatening injury. In many cases, head-on collisions are fatal. If you’ve been injured in a Goldsboro-area head-on collision, a Goldsboro head on accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
Head On Crashes in Goldsboro
Head-on crashes are unfortunately common in Goldsboro and elsewhere in North Carolina. While the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) does not provide detailed public records concerning head-on accidents specifically, there is relatively recent data concerning car accidents involving lane departure. We can reasonably assume that lane departure accidents often involve a head-on collision.
In 2017, NCDOT reported 60,568 motor vehicle accidents involving lane departure, representing 22 percent of all accidents in the state. Based on that percentage, an estimated 267 accidents in Goldsboro in 2017 were head-on collisions.
Causes of Head-On Accidents
There are many potential causes of head-on crashes involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other motor vehicles.
Common causes of head-on crashes include:
- Distracted Driving — According to NCDOT,8 percent of auto accidents in North Carolina in 2019 involved distracted driving. Taking one’s eyes off the road for even a second or two can result in a devastating head-on accident.
- Alcohol or Drug Use — There were 11,592 auto accidents involving alcohol in North Carolina in 2019. In many cases, drunk drivers swerve into the opposite lane, potentially causing a head-on crash. Illegal or prescription drug use can also increase the risk of lane departure or improper passing, potentially resulting in a head-on collision.
- Speeding — Exceeding the speed limit dramatically increases the chances of a vehicle losing control, potentially causing a lane departure and head-on collision.
- Improper Passing — Many head-on crashes are the result of a driver passing improperly. Drivers often underestimate the amount of time it will take to pass another vehicle, increasing the risk of a head-on accident while in the opposing lane.
- Reckless Driving — 12,200 auto accidents were reported to involve “erratic, reckless, careless, negligent or aggressive” driving in North Carolina in 2019. This behavior dramatically increases the risk of a serious head-on accident.
A Goldsboro head-on accident lawyer can help investigate your accident and determine the cause to help prove liability. North Carolina has complicated laws involving liability, and an experienced personal injury attorney in Goldsboro can help you navigate these complex rules to strengthen your case.
Head-On Accidents and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Injuries caused by head-on collisions can be catastrophic due to the force involved and sudden stopping. In particular, a head-on crash increases the risk of a traumatic brain injury (TBI). These closed head injuries can be devastating.
Ranging from concussions to more severe injuries involving internal bleeding, fluid buildup, blood vessel damage (often resulting in stroke), and infection, traumatic brain injuries can be life-threatening.
IMPORTANT: The symptoms of a traumatic brain injury are not always clear immediately following the accident, and may take hours to days to be recognized. This is why it is extremely important to seek immediate medical attention and diagnostic testing after a head-on auto accident (or any auto accident).
Consult with an Experienced Goldsboro Head-On Accident Attorney
If you have a claim and decide to hire us, a Goldsboro car accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley can handle your head-on accident case and help you seek maximum compensation.
At Riddle & Brantley, we work on a contingency basis — so there are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation. If you don’t get paid, we don’t get paid. It’s that simple.
The consultation is free and there is no obligation. Let’s review your claim today.
We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for victims of others’ negligence in more than 35 serving the people of Goldsboro and North Carolina (see disclaimer below). In one recent head-on accident case, we recovered $2.25 million in total compensation for the surviving family members of a young woman who was tragically killed when her vehicle was struck by a truck that crossed the center line traveling at an excessive rate of speed (see disclaimer below).
“Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.”
–Tyronnie T., Riddle & Brantley client
We believe Justice Counts and are committed to serving the people of Goldsboro. Riddle & Brantley is based in Goldsboro and we offer free consultations in our convenient office, or by phone, email, text or video conference.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.