Wilmington Boat Accident Lawyer
Have you or a loved one been injured in a boat accident in Wilmington or eastern North Carolina?
If so, you may be eligible for a boating accident injury claim and be entitled to compensation, and you may be looking for a Wilmington boat accident lawyer.
Our North Carolina boat accident lawyers have been serving clients in Wilmington for decades and we would love to help you get justice and compensation if we can.
For a FREE consultation with a North Carolina boat accident lawyer serving Wilmington NC, please call (910) 889-4064 or complete the short form below.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you.
Free consultations are available by phone, email, text and video conference and no in-person meeting is required. However, if you prefer, we can come directly to you, as well.
Bilingual interpreters are on staff, as well, for the convenience of our Spanish-speaking clients.
“This settlement changed me and my family’s lives.”
–Linda B., Riddle & Brantley client
What to Do If You’re In a Boating Accident in Wilmington, NC
If you’re involved in a Wilmington-area boat accident, follow these tips to protect yourself and preserve your legal rights in the event you file a Wilmington boat accident claim or lawsuit:
- Call 911 — If your boat accident resulted in injury or property damage, call 911 and get law enforcement involved immediately. Be honest and accurate when talking with authorities and remember that anything you say can and will be used against you. The accident report will be important in determining liability in any potential boat accident case and supporting your claim.
- Seek medical attention — If you are injured in a Wilmington boat accident, seek medical attention for any injuries. Some injuries may not be apparent at first. Follow the recommendation of emergency responders. Medical reports will be important in the event that you file a boating accident injury claim or lawsuit.
- Identify witnesses — Identify potential witnesses and get their contact information.
- Document injuries and damage — Take photos of any boat accident damage or injuries. This evidence will be important in any potential lawsuit or injury claim.
- Don’t provide a recorded statement to the insurance company — Do not provide a recorded statement to the boat insurance company before speaking with an experienced boat injury lawyer handling cases in Wilmington. Insurance companies will often do whatever possible to avoid paying on a boat accident claim.
Investigating a Boat Accident
Boating accident injury cases can be complicated. There is often a lot of evidence to sift through, witnesses must be identified and interviewed, and liability is often contested by the insurance company and/or defense counsel. There are often very specific rules — including federal maritime laws — that apply to boat accident cases.
At Riddle & Brantley, we have investigators on staff who can help with all aspects of your Wilmington boat accident investigation. They can collect and preserve important evidence, interview witnesses, and obtain the official accident report from authorities.
In some cases, we will even bring in outside experts, like accident reconstructionists and boating safety experts, to advise on the case and help prove liability.
For a FREE consultation with a boat accident lawyer serving Wilmington and eastern North Carolina, please call (910) 889-4064 today.
Our injury lawyers will review you case, advise you on your best legal options, and if you decide to hire us, we will do everything we can to get you the justice and compensation you need and deserve.
Call (910) 889-4064 today and let’s review your Wilmington boat accident case.
We believe Justice Counts and we would love to help you get the justice you deserve.
Results for North Carolinians Injured in Boat Accidents
In more than three decades serving clients in Wilmington and greater North Carolina, our boating accident lawyers have secured many settlements on behalf of those injured in boat accidents due to others’ negligence.
Recent wins include:
- $302,000 | Boat Accident — Attorneys Gene Riddle and Adam Smith represented a law enforcement officer who was riding as a passenger when a boat collided with a bridge. Working in cooperation with the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, we determined that the accident was caused by pilot error, and we sent a demand letter to the pilot’s insurance company. After negotiations, we secured a $302,000 settlement from the at-fault pilot’s homeowner’s insurance company.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
“I would recommend them to anyone. They fought hard for me.”
–Christine W., Riddle & Brantley client
If you’ve been injured in a Wilmington-area boat accident, our North Carolina boating accident lawyers can help — please call (910) 889-4064 for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
As always, there is no obligation and you won’t pay any upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
We believe Justice Counts for those injured in boat accidents in Wilmington and greater North Carolina, and our boat accident injury lawyers would love to help.
Please call (910) 889-4064 today and let’s review your injury claim today.