North Carolina Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
All accidents resulting in injury are horrific. The physical, emotional, and financial impacts can be life-changing. However, in some cases, the impact is even worse. In cases involving brain injury, spinal cord injury, paralysis, loss of limbs, and other severe and debilitating injury, a North Carolina catastrophic injury lawyer can help seek justice.
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury such as traumatic brain injury (TBI), head injury, spinal cord injury, amputation or something else, call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE consultation with an experienced North Carolina catastrophic injury lawyer.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and recover compensation for you.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a free consultation with a North Carolina catastrophic injury attorney. We will review your claim, advise you on your best legal options, and if you decide to hire us, we will fight aggressively for your right to justice and compensation.
We also have experienced disability attorneys on staff, led by a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability, who can help with claims and appeals when catastrophic injury results in long-term disability. In cases involving injuries suffered while on the job, our workers’ comp attorneys (two of whom are also Board-Certified Specialists) can help with workers’ compensation claims, as well.
In the most tragic cases, our North Carolina wrongful death lawyers can help surviving relatives fight for justice for those who have succumbed to catastrophic injuries.
“They turned a heartbreaking situation completely around.”
–Tonya Taylor, Riddle & Brantley client
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
In more than three decades serving the people of North Carolina, our injury lawyers have handled all types of catastrophic injury cases. These cases have involved many different types of catastrophic injury, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Head injury including severe concussions
- Brain bleeds (hemorrhaging)
- Spinal cord injury
- Paralysis and semi-paralysis
- Loss of limbs (amputations)
- Internal organ damage
- Mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure
- Cancer and other disease caused by dangerous drugs
- Injury and disease caused by defective medical devices
- Severe burns
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one have suffered one of these or another type of severe injury, please call our North Carolina catastrophic injury lawyers for a FREE consultation.
There is no obligation, and we don’t get paid unless you do. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you won’t pay any attorney fees.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
Results for Victims of Catastrophic Injury in North Carolina
With more than 220+ years of combined legal experience, our injury attorneys have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in total compensation for victims of negligence in North Carolina (see disclaimer below).
Recent settlements and verdicts include:
- $9,450,000 | Tractor-Trailer Accident & Wrongful Death — When a family of four was tragically killed in a tractor-trailer accident on a busy North Carolina highway, our attorneys fought for justice. We organized a thorough crash scene investigation, proved liability, and filed multiple lawsuits, eventually securing $9.45 million in total compensation in separate settlements prior to trial.
- $1,800,000 | Truck Accident & Loss of Limb — Our client suffered serious injuries, including the eventual loss of his left leg below the knee, when he was hit head-on while driving a truck for work. Attorney Gene Riddle partnered with Raleigh attorney David Kirby to investigate the accident and prove liability, ultimately securing $1.8 million in total compensation from the truck and workers’ comp insurance companies.
- $3,000,000 | Nursing Home Negligence & Wrongful Death — Our client contracted Hepatitis B due to mishandling of medical equipment by staff at a nursing home. We represented the estate and surviving family members and filed suit in Wayne County Superior Court, where we won a $3,000,000 judgment in our client’s favor.
- $2,475,000 | Traumatic Brain Injury & Workers’ Comp — A welder suffered debilitating traumatic brain injury in a fall from a platform while on the job. We took the case and set up a guardianship and two trusts to ensure his long-term care. After investigating the accident, we filed a workers’ compensation claim on his behalf and secured $2.475 million in total compensation.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
“This settlement changed me and my family’s lives forever.”
–Linda B., Riddle & Brantley client
Contributory Negligence in Catastrophic Injury Cases in North Carolina
North Carolina is a contributory negligence state, which means that if you are even 1% responsible for an accident, you cannot recover compensation. Our catastrophic injury attorneys are experienced countering this defense, however, and we have successfully overcome the obstacle of contributory negligence in many, many cases involving catastrophic injuries.
Don’t gamble with the potential compensation you need and deserve.
Statistics show that those who hire a personal injury lawyer recover 3.5X more compensation on average than those who do not. That’s a big difference, and we would love to help pursue justice for you if we can.
Statute of Limitations in North Carolina
If you or a loved one have suffered a catastrophic injury such as a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, loss of limbs, paralysis, etc., don’t wait — in most cases in North Carolina, the statute of limitations for filing an injury claim is 3 years from the date of injury. In wrongful death cases, the statute of limitations is just 2 years from the date of death.
If the statute of limitations expires, you may be barred from recovering compensation in your case.
Don’t wait — call 1-800-525-7111 today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced North Carolina catastrophic injury lawyer.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your injury claim.
Award-Winning Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Serving North Carolina
In more than 35 years serving the people of North Carolina, our personal injury lawyers have been recognized by many prestigious organizations and awards, including:
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Super Lawyers
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Two of our attorneys, Gene Riddle and Adam Smith, have also received the highest rating for attorneys awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent, and Gene has been honored with the 2014 Litigator Award in recognition of his experience and results (see disclaimer below).
We strive to treat every client like family and we pledge to fight our very hardest for you if you decide to hire us for your catastrophic injury case. We’re especially proud of the way our clients describe their experience working with our attorneys and staff:
- “They handled my case very professionally, with respect from beginning to end.” –Joseph P.
- “They made a hard time in my life easier to endure.” –Melissa C.
- “Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.” –Tyronnie T.
Suffered a Catastrophic Injury Due to Another’s Negligence?
Our North Carolina catastrophic injury lawyers have handled all types of catastrophic injury cases in more than three decades of service to North Carolina.
We know the law in North Carolina and know how to hold insurance companies and negligent parties accountable. When both sides are unable to agree on a reasonable settlement, we don’t hesitate to take cases to trial.
For a FREE consultation concerning your catastrophic injury case, call the North Carolina injury attorneys at Riddle & Brantley at 1-800-525-7111.
We will review your case for free and help you determine your best legal options for pursuing compensation.
Justice Counts for those severely injured due to others’ negligence.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s see how we can help.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.