Hernia Mesh Settlement: Do You Qualify for a Lawsuit?
With hernia mesh lawsuits set to go to trial in 2020, many legal analysts are anticipating major hernia mesh settlements to be negotiated in the near future. According to a recent report, more than 8,000 hernia mesh lawsuits have been filed againt several manufacturers already.
With a major hernia mesh settlement potentially approaching, many who have been implanted with defective hernia mesh are wondering: “Can I file a hernia mesh lawsuit?”
The answer is not straightforward, but if you have suffered significant injury due to potentially defective hernia mesh, you may have a claim for compensation and be able to file a hernia mesh lawsuit.
In particular, you may qualify for a hernia mesh lawsuit and be entitled to compensation if you meet the following criteria:
- Must have had hernia mesh surgery between June 2008 and the present
- Must have received a hernia mesh implant to repair a hernia
- Must have experienced one of the following injuries or complications: abdominal infection, adhesion, hernia recurrence, intestinal blockage, mesh migration or perforation
For a FREE, no-obligation with a hernia mesh lawsuit lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and easy form below.
There are no upfront costs and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation for your injuries based on a verdict or hernia mesh settlement.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with an experienced hernia mesh attorney. We have been fighting to hold potentially negligent medical device manufacturers accountable since 1985 and would love to help you if we can.
Injuries Potentially Caused by Defective Hernia Mesh
The potential defects in hernia mesh products can cause serious injuries and other health complications, including but not limited to:
- Mesh adhesion — This occurs when scar tissue forms around the mesh, often resulting in serious health problems throughout the body
- Obstruction — Obstruction occurs when the mesh or related scar tissue causes dangerous blockages in the large or small intestines
- Fistula — This is an abnormal connection between organs, vessels or intestines, and can result in a dangerous condition called abdominal sepsis
- Heavy bleeding — Defective hernia mesh can sometimes result in bleeding in excess of what is typically expected following surgery
- Seroma — Seroma is a buildup of fluids at the site of the hernia mesh surgery
- Perforation — Perforation occurs when the defective hernia mesh results in a tear or hole in neighboring organs or tissue
- Mesh migration — This potentially dangerous condition occurs when the hernia mesh shifts in the body, and can lead to bowel obstruction
- Contraction or mesh shrinkage — Mesh shrinkage can result in hernia recurrence and abdominal pain
- Infection — Defective hernia mesh can lead to dangerous infections, potentially causing other dangerous conditions throughout the body
- Wound reopening — The wound may reopen due to defective mesh, often requiring additional surgery for repair
- Revision or repair surgery — All of the conditions and injuries above can often require revision or repair surgery, potentially resulting in further pain, inflammation and other injury
Recent research has found that as many as 5.6 percent of patients who underwent open mesh hernia repair suffered from complications, and 3.7 percent of patients who underwent laparoscopic mesh repair had complications. With more than 1 million hernia operations performed in the United States each year, thousands of patients may be affected by injuries potentially caused by defective hernia mesh.
Have you been injured by defective hernia mesh?
If you’ve been injured due to defective hernia mesh, you deserve justice and you may be entitled to significant financial compensation through a hernia mesh settlement or verdict.
An experienced hernia mesh attorney at Riddle & Brantley can evaluate your claim and help determine the best legal options for pursuing your case.
You may qualify for a hernia mesh lawsuit if:
- You had hernia mesh implanted between June 2008 and the present
- You received hernia mesh in order to repair a hernia
- You’ve experienced one of the following injuries: abdominal infection, adhesion, hernia recurrence, intestinal blockage, mesh migration or perforation
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a hernia mesh lawyer at Riddle & Brantley, please call 1-800-525-7111.
The consultation is free and there are absolutely no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s discuss your case.
The following manufacturers have been connected with injuries potentially caused by possibly defective hernia mesh:
Specific hernia mesh brands that may be subject to claims include Physiomesh (Ethicon), C-QUR (Atrium), Parietex and Parietex Progrip (Covidien), and 3D-Max, Composix Kugel, Ventralex and Sepramesh (Bard). These hernia mesh implants have been reported as causing significant complications.
Why Riddle & Brantley?
At Riddle & Brantley, our attorneys have more than 225 years of combined legal experience fighting for injured victims. We’ve been holding medical device manufacturers accountable for potential product defects and injury since 1985.
Our team is led by Gene Riddle, attorney and managing partner. Attorney Riddle is recognized by Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He is the recipient of the 2014 Litigator Award and maintains a prestigious AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell (see disclaimer below).
The defective medical device attorney at Riddle & Brantley have won numerous five, six and even seven-figure settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients, and we invite you to review our case results (see disclaimer below).
Our firm was founded on the principle that ALL people deserve justice and we are committed to fighting tirelessly for our clients.
“This settlement changed me and my family’s lives.”
-Linda B., Riddle & Brantley client
For a FREE consultation and investigation of your hernia mesh injury claim by an experienced defective medical device lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There is no obligation, and there are no attorney fees unless you receive financial compensation through a hernia mesh settlement or trial verdict.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case and see if you qualify for a potential hernia mesh lawsuit.
We believe Justice Counts for those hurt due to companies’ negligence and would love to help you seek justice and compensation if we can.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, and the Litigator Award, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.