Jacksonville Disability Lawyer
Social Security Disability Lawyers Ready to Fight for You
If you suffer from a disability and are filing for Social Security disability benefits — or appealing a denial — a disability lawyer at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
We’ve helped hundreds of clients in North Carolina get the benefits they need and deserve.
Research shows that hiring a disability attorney can make a big difference: according to a recent study, 60 percent of those who hired a lawyer received approval on their initial application as opposed to just 34 percent of those who didn’t.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced disability lawyer, please call (910) 455-5599.
There is no obligation and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
No win, no fee.
Call (910) 455-5599 and let’s talk about your case. We’ll listen to you and advise you on your best available legal options.
What Can a Disability Lawyer Do?
A disability lawyer can help with all aspects of your Social Security disability application and/or appeal, including:
- Assisting in filing your application for SSD benefits
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if you are denied
- Assisting you in communicating with the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Filing a Request for Hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if your claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Collecting treatment records from your doctors and medical providers
- Seeking doctor letters and Residual Functional Capacity evaluation forms to support your application or appeal
- Cross-examining witnesses at your hearing
- Arguing the merits of your claim before the judge
- Gathering any records requested during your hearing
- Appealing your case to the federal courts if your judge improperly denies you benefits
- And much more…
Compassionate Disability Attorneys
At Riddle & Brantley, we strive to treat our clients like family, and when you hire us, you’ll not only get an experienced disability attorney, but also a staff committed to your success.
If you suffer from a disability, the consequences can be life-changing. Not only do you have to contend with physical, mental or emotional disability, but losing the ability to work can be financially challenging for you and your loved ones, as well.
Our disability lawyers understand what you’re going through, and our priority is to make getting you Social Security disability benefits as easy and stress-free as possible for you.
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer, please call (910) 455-5599 or complete the short form below.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay a dime unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
Call (910) 455-5599 today and let’s see how we can help.
Proudly Serving Our Military Veterans in Jacksonville
Jacksonville is home to Camp Lejeune, a major Marine Corps base, and we are proud to serve our military veterans with disabilities as well. Many of our attorneys and staff have close family connections to the military.
If you or a loved one suffers from a disability after serving in the United States military, our veterans benefits lawyers would be happy to help.
For a FREE consultation and case review, call (910) 455-5599.
How Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
There are many factors the Social Security Administration considers when determining whether or not you qualify for disability benefits.
The SSA uses 5 key questions to help determine your eligibility:
- Are you working? In order to qualify for disability benefits from the SSA, you cannot earn more than $1,180 per month in wages.
- How severe is your condition? The SSA will seek to determine to what extent your disability interferes with work-related activities when evaluating your application.
- Is your disability on the list of disabling conditions? The SSA maintains a list of conditions that automatically qualify an applicant for disability benefits if they meet certain other criteria.
- Can you do the same work? You may qualify for Social Security disability benefits if your condition prevents you from doing the same type of work that you have done for the last 15 years, and you also meet additional criteria.
- Can you do any other type of work? The SSA will want to know whether or not your disability prevents you from doing other suitable work with your remaining abilities (sometimes called “residual functional capacity”).
While these questions are important in helping determine your eligibility for disability benefits, every case is different and there are many factors that influence whether or not you ultimately receive a favorable decision.
Better Chances at Success
More than 60 percent of first-time applications for disability benefits are denied. But we can help.
For a FREE case review with a disability attorney, please call Riddle & Brantley at (910) 455-5599.
You can also complete the fast and easy online form if you prefer.
There are never any upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
Call (910) 455-5599 today and let’s review your case.
Jacksonville Disability Lawyers Committed to Justice
We’ve been helping clients seeking disability benefits in Jacksonville and North Carolina for more than three decades.
We believe that those who suffer from disabilities deserve justice, and we fight tirelessly to secure benefits for our deserving clients.
We would love to see if we can help you.
Please call (910) 455-5599 for a free consultation and case review.
One of our attorneys will review your case and help determine the best path forward to getting you the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Call (910) 455-5599 today.